News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Urban Terror HD aka 4.2  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Tits_McGee

• DON'T PANIC!
  • Since: 08/10/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Urban Terror HD aka 4.2
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:38:18 PM »

Offline CaptainTrips

• CaptainTrees: Smile, everyone loves a moron.
  • Since: 04/09/2009
Re: Urban Terror HD aka 4.2
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »
we’ll be doing public QA testing with our new standalone game and engine sometime between now and Christmas.

Yay!

CaptainTrips 

Victorious w/ xen0n

Offline White^lynx

• meoow
  • Since: 09/09/2009
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:55:27 PM »
if we dont get it by  christmas ima cry.

Look how people treat their inferiors, not their superiors.

Offline serialman

• Hit me up anytime, and i will answer you
  • Since: 12/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:44:18 PM »
My year is now complete
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name

Offline sw00n

• *Friend of 1up
  • Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
  • Since: 01/05/2010
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 12:19:41 AM »
new engine? will 1up still have super ts?  :'(

Offline Shadow[1up]

• *[1up] UrT Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • I'll never try to fit in!, I was born to stand out
  • Since: 15/12/2009
    • 1up clan
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 04:38:53 AM »
sure we will that why wher 1up wher the best clan in 4.1 and gone be that to in 4.2

Offline CuttyFlam[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • '
  • Since: 14/08/2010
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 01:53:30 PM »
Could run still running urban in my computer? Pentium IV 2,4 ghz, 512 ram, Video card 256 mb

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 02:05:16 PM »
If it does require higher specs, I wouldn't imagine it would be too much more, so you're probably OK.

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 02:25:13 PM »
new engine? will 1up still have super ts?  :'(

Here is my official post regarding the closed source engine. While many people who just play the game are jumping around and thanking the Dev Team, there are also many of us developers who are not happy about the closed source engine:

http://forums.urbanterror.info/topic/23841-a-new-era-of-urban-terror/page__view__findpost__p__287363

Offline LoveoftheDark

• 01001001 00100000 01110111 01101001 01101110 00101
  • Since: 17/04/2010
    • Loves Deviant Art
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »
I'm not terribly happy about it, honestly. I agree with those who are concerned about the closed source engine.
I am also concerned, because many are saying its going to be a pay to play game. I worry that if this is the case, we will lose many good players.
My turn.

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 03:32:47 PM »
At first I assumed (like many) that this would mean UrT would become "better" in some way, but having read the entire thread that you posted Ron, I see that things do not look great at all. Making the whole thing closed-source means relying on FS to patch exploits, and we all know how long they take to release new versions.
I can't see that many of the "major" clans will transition to 4.2/HD, mainly due to the reasons you posted - they've all got their mods to make administrating their servers easier, and HD will take that away from what I can see. As you mentioned too, no /save and /load in jump servers? Only the most pro jumpers would ever make it through a map.
One question I have Ron is this: how does the game you're developing relate to Urban Terror and ioq3? Is it like a mod to UrT, or is it a game built to use ioq3 like UrT currently is? I guess what I'm getting at is, is it possible that your game can run directly on ioq3, and can it be modded so that it's not just Zombie, but rather a replacement for UrT, with all modes available? I know such a thing would be a huge undertaking, but at the moment I don't know what your vision is for your project, or if this is something you're doing or planning. If you can, I'd be interested to know where you think 1up can go from here, as running 4.2/HD servers seems to be out of the question at the moment.

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

Offline Shadow[1up]

• *[1up] UrT Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • I'll never try to fit in!, I was born to stand out
  • Since: 15/12/2009
    • 1up clan
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »
lol i got i bit higer cpu and mem but lower vid mem cutty

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »
I have no vidcard at all, and it would seem, i can't even upgrade it.  I mean, the pci slot is there, but it would require a bigger psu and I can't fit one in the tower.  Furthermore, i'm limited in terms of space in my tower for any card at all!

I.e. i have a hard enough time getting decent frames for 4.1 as it is, if everyone goes to 4.2, i'm going to PS3.

that is, unless pyrite can help me? *hint hint elbow elbow, nudge nudge*

Offline -[A].Jamie.B

• I Love Shira!! <3 =D
  • Since: 24/04/2010
    • Ambush forums
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »
i am not happy at all 2 ron not one little bit

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 09:54:06 AM »
One question I have Ron is this: how does the game you're developing relate to Urban Terror and ioq3? Is it like a mod to UrT, or is it a game built to use ioq3 like UrT currently is? I guess what I'm getting at is, is it possible that your game can run directly on ioq3, and can it be modded so that it's not just Zombie, but rather a replacement for UrT, with all modes available? I know such a thing would be a huge undertaking, but at the moment I don't know what your vision is for your project, or if this is something you're doing or planning. If you can, I'd be interested to know where you think 1up can go from here, as running 4.2/HD servers seems to be out of the question at the moment.

The source is ioquake3. I will not release the .qvm (game) code, but I will be sure to release the server end for clans and administration purposes. In my mod there will be a cvar to deal with almost any little change.[1] I will also not lock down player models, so clans will be free to add or remove player models.[2]

My game is urt rebuilt, but done with things working correctly. It is everything urt is (and was) and more because it will include a third team (the zombies) and some additional realism weapons, and zombie related game modes. I am closing up on the final project build outline. Once it is finished I will begin to hire a few modelers to get my player models done (the first modeler was fired for poor work), then weapons, then rework the zombies, then animations. At that point I will get back into the code of it. I was hoping that the "zt_radio" sounds would be recorded by SnKMaddog[1up] with his assistance. I was hoping that our mappers would develop high quality maps for the game. I plan to remake about 20 popular maps from many games (we take the best of the best), and I would like at least 10 new maps.
 1. For example, I had the walljumps coded with a cvar that allows for the server admin to decide the maximum number of walljumps allowed (sv_maxwalljumps); I had the player stamina coded for server admin control (sv_maxstamina  = how long before player gets tired, 0 = never); I had the player speeds turned into a cvar and many, many other things that are not usually made into an easy to control admin function.
 2. Allowing models to be replaced encourages people to make new player models or to reskin current ones.