News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: The Official 1up Signature Thread  (Read 90096 times)

Offline NightMaRe!

• Since: 20/09/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Re: The Official 1up Signature Thread
« Reply #856 on: June 17, 2013, 05:36:33 PM »
I know this is the signature thread, but I felt I would like to do some selfless video promotion of me making lightning using GIMP.

Besides, you could put lightning into signatures if you want.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:41:06 AM by Cope57[1up] »

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #857 on: July 01, 2013, 12:42:57 AM »
@ Flame,

I know you did not ask for an avatar, but I made one anyhow.

"ns"

Code: [Select]
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/1727/k10g.png

Feel free to use, or not...

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #858 on: July 03, 2013, 01:58:22 AM »
@ Flame,

Well after looking at the avatar I just created a short while ago, I have decided that a flame looks a bit boring if it just sits there.  So, I came up with another idea to replace the banner I created for you a long time ago.  I could have made a flaming avatar, but I thought a banner would stand out a bit better.  So, using my GIMP skills and no tutorials I created a fifty layered gif animated banner for you.  Here is the result.

"ns"
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4299/tu2.gif

Not to say your current banner is bad, but I thought this would suit you.

I will continue to try something different.  Just as I finished the banner, I thought of attempting to make a blue flame to match your forum status....  We will see, maybe in a couple days I will have a blue one made.

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #859 on: July 03, 2013, 12:58:10 PM »
@ Flame,

Well after looking at the avatar I just created a short while ago, I have decided that a flame looks a bit boring if it just sits there.  So, I came up with another idea to replace the banner I created for you a long time ago.  I could have made a flaming avatar, but I thought a banner would stand out a bit better.  So, using my GIMP skills and no tutorials I created a fifty layered gif animated banner for you.  Here is the result.

"ns"
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4299/tu2.gif

Not to say your current banner is bad, but I thought this would suit you.

I will continue to try something different.  Just as I finished the banner, I thought of attempting to make a blue flame to match your forum status....  We will see, maybe in a couple days I will have a blue one made.
My current signature is a PHP script that randomly chooses 1 of 2 banners, now I guess I will make that 1 of 3.
And thanks for the avatar, but I like mine cause it is kind of my insignia? (Hope thats the word I was looking for)

On a side note I do have 2 banners (1 should rotate between 2/3 images, 1 should be KF)

(I have 3 sigs that rotate one is a .jpg one is a .png and one is a .gif my luck)

Well I ended up being to lazy to make a PHP script for an Animated gif so I just exchanged me KF one with it and now the KF sig cycles.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:11:08 PM by Flame[1up] »

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #860 on: July 03, 2013, 06:02:29 PM »
I know I said it would be a couple days before I had a blue flame, but after I came home I decided to work on it.  After two hours of changing the hue to all the layers, I was finished.  Here is the result.

"ns"

You like it, or was it to much blue?

Offline NightMaRe!

« Reply #861 on: July 03, 2013, 07:04:52 PM »
I know I said it would be a couple days before I had a blue flame, but after I came home I decided to work on it.  After two hours of changing the hue to all the layers, I was finished.  Here is the result.

"ns"

I am not a fan of the .gif  banners but anyways is a good work Cope, like always! :D

It looks good

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #862 on: July 03, 2013, 10:37:11 PM »
Hey NightMaRe!,

I would have to agree about the animated gifs.  I am not really a fan of them, they tend to make a lot of work for little animation, and I prefer to work with many layers of png instead.  I could have possibly made a better looking flame that did not move, but it wan an idea I had at the time.

Looking at the banners, I do like them, but for more realism I should have made a png instead.  I would understand it if Flame did not use them.  I made them out of an idea, and not even from a request.  Flame did not know I made them for him until I posted them here.  I have other graphics I have made for others, and have yet to post them also.  Just like Flame sticking to his avatar, that is great that he uses one to represent himself.

I have many avatars that I have created for myself over the years, and some were even for certain forums.  I recently started to make one, and distribute it to all the forums and sites that I frequently visit.  My current avatar is a cartoon representation of myself.  I did not create it from scratch using GIMP, I used a site called FaceYourManga.  Yes it was a lazy way of creating an avatar, but it was interesting nonetheless.  I did use GIMP to create the background, but that was about it.  I did not sign up for any of their services nor made an account.  I finished the avatar and simply took a screenshot, then cropped, and added the background using GIMP.  I will guess a few may create one from that site, who knows.

I felt like something different, and after working on Flame's banner I did not feel like creating another avatar from scratch just yet.  I will be making another one for myself soon though... Maybe tomorrow... hehe.

Offline NightMaRe!

« Reply #863 on: July 03, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »
Hey NightMaRe!,

I would have to agree about the animated gifs.  I am not really a fan of them, they tend to make a lot of work for little animation, and I prefer to work with many layers of png instead.  I could have possibly made a better looking flame that did not move, but it wan an idea I had at the time.

Looking at the banners, I do like them, but for more realism I should have made a png instead.  I would understand it if Flame did not use them.  I made them out of an idea, and not even from a request.  Flame did not know I made them for him until I posted them here.  I have other graphics I have made for others, and have yet to post them also.  Just like Flame sticking to his avatar, that is great that he uses one to represent himself.

I have many avatars that I have created for myself over the years, and some were even for certain forums.  I recently started to make one, and distribute it to all the forums and sites that I frequently visit.  My current avatar is a cartoon representation of myself.  I did not create it from scratch using GIMP, I used a site called FaceYourManga.  Yes it was a lazy way of creating an avatar, but it was interesting nonetheless.  I did use GIMP to create the background, but that was about it.  I did not sign up for any of their services nor made an account.  I finished the avatar and simply took a screenshot, then cropped, and added the background using GIMP.  I will guess a few may create one from that site, who knows.

I felt like something different, and after working on Flame's banner I did not feel like creating another avatar from scratch just yet.  I will be making another one for myself soon though... Maybe tomorrow... hehe.
I will wait the avatar anxiously to give my opinion. I am sure that you will do it very well because I know that you have very good skills in gimp and photoshop, better than me. I am feeling like crap when I see your works. lol jk

Although it's a gif, you did a nice work dude.  8)

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #864 on: July 03, 2013, 11:13:47 PM »

"ns"

Its a tad too blue for my liking, Red happens to be my favorite color....but I have an idea...I will return with a gif(hopefully)

Offline NightMaRe!

« Reply #865 on: July 03, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »

"ns"

Its a tad too blue for my liking, Red happens to be my favorite color....but I have an idea...I will return with a gif(hopefully)
Oh, Yes. Red is a very good Color.

I like it  >:D

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #866 on: July 03, 2013, 11:41:10 PM »
Sorry for locking the topic......I must of not been paying attention and a bug might of landed on my touchscreen desktop and hit the lock button.......

Anyway here is my new gif:

"ns"

Tell me opinions I am gonna go to bed though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:43:27 PM by Flame[1up] »

Offline NightMaRe!

« Reply #867 on: July 05, 2013, 06:52:08 PM »
Pink Sig for Myself.

I like how it looks in pink color, but I want opinions...

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 06:56:51 PM by NightMaRe![1up] »

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #868 on: July 05, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »
Pink Sig for Myself.

I like it because it looks like some kind of witchcraft brew smoke, that would cause a Nightmare.

On the flip side...it is pink, most of my nightmares are not pink :P (I find no graphical errors with it though)

Offline NightMaRe!

« Reply #869 on: July 05, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
Pink Sig for Myself.

I like it because it looks like some kind of witchcraft brew smoke, that would cause a Nightmare.

On the flip side...it is pink, most of my nightmares are not pink :P (I find no graphical errors with it though)
I did fixed an error. It had a Outer glow in red color. Now It is pink.
You have the reason, the Nightmares are not pink..  But It will fit with the Dev Group Color..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:07:12 PM by NightMaRe![1up] »