News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: God Vs. Something Else  (Read 18090 times)

Offline Casper

• Can't shoot what you cant see :D
  • Since: 23/04/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
God Vs. Something Else
« on: May 09, 2010, 03:55:13 PM »
So first of all, i need to say this. please, nobody get angry or offensive in how they present their views. Dont try to make anyone mad, because you will just look like a jerk. Ive always been interested in this kind of thing, and what people believe, I personally believe in existiential nihilism, the belief that we are just another anomaly in the universe, and that human life is meaningless. However, most people believe different things. Post your views or arguments, because im very curious in what all of you believe  :D

Remember, i dont want this topic closed down. BE POLITE!!!! lol

Offline bearcat

• jewgasm
  • Since: 02/01/2010
    • Youtube's channel
Re: God Vs. Something Else
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 05:13:51 PM »
I believe in the Judeo-Christian God, I believe Jesus was who he said he was. I believe in a real heaven and hell. I believe the devil and his angels are still active in the world. I believe through my own actions determine whether I will end up in heaven or hell, with the grace of God.

Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 9:10

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

And because of
Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6 . I call myself a Follower of the Way or a Christ Seeker and consider all who believe in the Resurection of Jesus my brothers and sisters in Christ.

100%

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 12:20:53 AM »
God is.  Jesus is.  Satan is.  Angels (both good and fallen) are.  Demons are.  We were created.  And all of the aforementioned beings are actively involved in each of our lives.

I could sit here and write a huge 20 page long post proving all of what I just said with the massive amount of evidence that I have gathered over my lifetime, but that might take too long, so I'll leave it at that.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline Poe

• *Friend of 1up
  • AKA: SnKPoe
  • Since: 25/10/2009
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 01:17:10 AM »
I don't see why we can talk about everything else but this.
Music is in my soul and I talk about that. People argue about music all the time. There are wide points of view with music as well.
There is always going to be controversy. With everything.
I have no problem with religion talk. I'd like to know how people feel about their lives. If they think they will go somewhere after death. If you're my "family" then I don't know why I wouldn't want to know that.

I don't know. That's just me.

Offline Casper

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
I believe Religion should be practiced inside of your soul not on the forum, We don't need the Controversy that follows.

Your welcome to believe what you want but I don't see the point in openly discussing something so wide for all points of view.

well thats why i was so insistent on people not being offensive. I really am interested in what people believe, and btw, im kinda surprised at how many christians (sry for the general term  :P) are on urt. Theres usually one of these threads on every forum on the internet (except 4chan 0.0)
Ive always liked knowing theres a lot of religious people. im one of the few atheists that gives a crap, and thats just cuz i get really guilty when im mean to someone. lol. religion gives you a reason to be a good person, and without religion, our world would suck pretty badly :-\

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 01:26:01 AM »
Ive always liked knowing theres a lot of religious people. im one of the few atheists that gives a crap, and thats just cuz i get really guilty when im mean to someone. lol. religion gives you a reason to be a good person, and without religion, our world would suck pretty badly :-\

Thats called your moral core my friend.  You feel the need to do the right thing and treat people well, and you become guilty when you fall short in that regard.  Christianity and the history behind it is what explains that moral core to me.  Its almost like we have a built-in desire for something more.  Otherwise, we would all treat the majority of people we come in contact with like total crap.  Unless we could get something out of that person, there would be zero call for us to do something for them... if not for morals.

Granted, there will always be those that use the misuse a given religion to advance their own bloody agenda.  Look at the Crusades and the violence surrounding much of the existence of Islam.  Its sad.  But overall, religion (and especially that of the Judeo-Christian variety) has done much more to further good then ill.  Examples include humanitarian aid and the medical field, but much more than those, the overall furtherance of goodwill toward others.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline bearcat

• jewgasm
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 08:15:20 AM »
I believe Religion should be practiced inside of your soul not on the forum, We don't need the Controversy that follows.

Your welcome to believe what you want but I don't see the point in openly discussing something so wide for all points of view.

Rum a part of being religious is saying what you believe in are there is nothing wrong with that

Offline bearcat

• jewgasm
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 03:36:24 PM »

Rum a part of being religious is saying what you believe in are there is nothing wrong with that

True but i question peoples abilities to express their opinions without making an uproar or a  violent argument about it :P

but if you truly believe what you believe in you should be accepting of others and there shouldn't be a "violent argument "

Offline Casper

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »

Thats called your moral core my friend.  You feel the need to do the right thing and treat people well, and you become guilty when you fall short in that regard.  Christianity and the history behind it is what explains that moral core to me.  Its almost like we have a built-in desire for something more.  Otherwise, we would all treat the majority of people we come in contact with like total crap.  Unless we could get something out of that person, there would be zero call for us to do something for them... if not for morals.

Granted, there will always be those that use the misuse a given religion to advance their own bloody agenda.  Look at the Crusades and the violence surrounding much of the existence of Islam.  Its sad.  But overall, religion (and especially that of the Judeo-Christian variety) has done much more to further good then ill.  Examples include humanitarian aid and the medical field, but much more than those, the overall furtherance of goodwill toward others.

Well for me, im pretty sure its just in how i was raised. Ive always had good manners and always been kind, but i guess thats how my parents made me... lol. It doesnt make sense to me, because a lot of people in real life are just blatant jerks to me for no reason. lol im a nerd, but i dont look like 1, most people think im a stoner :D kinda ironic, cuz ive never smoked. lol. Anyway... i have such a negative view of people in general that i dont even understand why im so nice. lol. wow that didnt sound conceited at all  :P I honestly dont see people as having mostly postive intent. I see them as selfish animals that put themselves above all. no offense, but ive always thought that was at the core of human nature. I view everything scientifically, and always have. Humans are intelligent primates. The number one instinct is survival and helping yourself. We may not have that in us anymore, but throughout my life, i havent seen anything to contradict it any more than i have seen things reinforce it. Sorry, im kinda rambling at this point... lol  :P

[L33Kd]Rena Ryuugu

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
I'm more of an agnostic person. I also don't have a very good view of the human race in general(including myself, i'm no different), but that's a whole other story.

If I don't see it, feel it, taste it, smell it, or hear it, I can't believe in it. I personally support the theory of evolution rather than the theory of creation, though. I don't think we'll ever figure the whole religion thing out for sure, as it'll take a ton of pretty much irretrievable evidence to prove one and disprove the other.

...it's probably better this way. It's one of those truths that could destroy us all...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:04:26 PM by Rena Ryuuguu »

Offline kamikaze

• Since: 08/02/2010
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »
Atheism for the win!
Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are

And if you want to live high, live high
And if you want to live low, live low
'cause there's a million ways to go
You know that there are

Offline Biohazard

• Hazardous Productions In The Making
  • Lies Feed the Demons, Love Feeds the Angels.
  • Since: 18/03/2009
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »
I'm not much into the religious scene. Back when my family was affected by cancer I prayed and still do sometimes. But as far as I know, God never helped me with anything before. And I haven't scene any actually proof that any religion is factual.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:09:58 PM by Biohazard[1up] »
You pray for less idiots, but you get more.
You pray for love, you get hate.
You pray for power, you get shot.

Biohazard: C. Moore
RenaRyuuguu: See more what?
Biohazard: C. Moore Hax

Offline Austinmania3

• Since: 15/02/2010
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 09:08:33 PM »
as far as god to me he must hate me because nothing goes rite with my life. if there is a god he hates me if not then my life sucks. i havnt been helped at all that i know of.

Offline kamikaze

• Since: 08/02/2010
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 10:53:11 PM »
Ya that's how it is with my austin. God either hates me or does not exist. And since I am into science I tend to not believe in him and rather be logical.
Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are

And if you want to live high, live high
And if you want to live low, live low
'cause there's a million ways to go
You know that there are

Offline JynX

• Since: 15/04/2010
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 07:41:14 AM »
Atheist. I've seen no proof of him exsisting, so I see no point in believing.