News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Map suggestions  (Read 3010 times)

Offline UnknownKilla

• BEWARE. IM A TRUE NINJA....
  • Since: 10/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Map suggestions
« on: December 12, 2009, 02:06:05 PM »
here's a bunch of suggestions for maps, cause i never seen maps with them.

Stonehedge (pretty much a feild with stone hedge in middle, simple map?)
Effiel Tower and paris(you can acctually get on top of the effiel tower and snipe?)
Nasa Space Center (you can get inside the space shuttle)
(hoover dam was good idea dude)
The Colluseum
The Geat Pyramids(hidden paths into pyramids that lead to sniping locations, or to other side of map?)

pretty much maps of the old wonders of the worlds and current wonders of the worlds.

I dont know what all maps have been made and if anyone started on these ideas. tell me ASAP and i'll help with what ever i can, and i'll be happy to beta test too. XD.

here's a 3d model picture of stone hedge i found on google.

I just saw Bio's thread for his egyptia map, i dont know what it looks like(i didnt see the screenies on the thread) so i dont know if it will count for the pyramid idea. XD
UnknownKilla is my name, a silent ninja is my game...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
dj_laidas made this!

lonewolf

Re: Map suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »
I have a great idea, we can make a big version of a warehouse and we will put in moving conveyer belts, i will draw up some sketches and put a link to them.And also, adding onto what he was saying about old wonders we could put in,The Pentagon, a cool lego themed place(JK) and maybey even the luve,(not sure how to spell it, but its the place where the Monalisa is kept).

Offline Valkiry[1up]

• The man that can't be moved...
  • *[1up] Member
  • S.S.D.D.
  • Since: 20/12/2009
    • Valkiry's own streamchannel!
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 05:54:18 PM »
uehmmm..., first of all @ Unkownkilla, there is a Colluseum map already called" Maximus" i think, and "The effiel tower? lol all campers on a big tower lol, little boring i think...But The space ships is interesting.... My ideas:  - Football(soccer)stadium
                                       - A big Church, with big Bing Bangs :D lol
                                       - Hospital
                                       - Maybe one more realistic map, something like Call of Duty...example:Landing of Normandie (D-Day, with bunkers and stuff)

Greetz

Offline Valkiry[1up]

• The man that can't be moved...
  • *[1up] Member
  • S.S.D.D.
  • Since: 20/12/2009
    • Valkiry's own streamchannel!
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 05:55:36 PM »
and @ Lonewolf: It's not called Luve, it's Louvre :-) but i understand wat you said, good idea

Offline TheJuggernaut2k

• Rise And Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions
  • Since: 27/07/2009
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »
nasa ftw

Zero

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 11:03:17 PM »
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A MAP BASED ON SOUTH PARK?

Offline $@t@n

• Since: 25/10/2009
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:32:48 PM »
how about a map @ a airport and u can get into 2-3 airplanes. and also u can get into the airport and snipe. Most of the airport be glass you can shoot through so its not a map that will be camped allot. also the airplane windows are breakable. just an idea any1?

Offline Munch

• cheers!
  • Since: 06/09/2009
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 12:53:46 AM »
i've always wanted to see a really good version of that sled map......
Dr. Dre smokes the CHRONIC!?

VaporTrail

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 09:57:54 PM »
here's a bunch of suggestions for maps, cause i never seen maps with them.

Stonehedge (pretty much a feild with stone hedge in middle, simple map?)
Effiel Tower and paris(you can acctually get on top of the effiel tower and snipe?)
Nasa Space Center (you can get inside the space shuttle)
(hoover dam was good idea dude)
The Colluseum
The Geat Pyramids(hidden paths into pyramids that lead to sniping locations, or to other side of map?)

pretty much maps of the old wonders of the worlds and current wonders of the worlds.

I dont know what all maps have been made and if anyone started on these ideas. tell me ASAP and i'll help with what ever i can, and i'll be happy to beta test too. XD.

here's a 3d model picture of stone hedge i found on google.

I just saw Bio's thread for his egyptia map, i dont know what it looks like(i didnt see the screenies on the thread) so i dont know if it will count for the pyramid idea. XD

I agree with you with these ideas- and to get a better idea I can suggest similar maps to these.. The recently made "Paris" map has alot of potential- but lacks the Eiffiel tower- come to think of it, the only way I could see the tower working would be to make the map UNDER the tower, and have sniping points from near by buildings. Sounds pretty promising though.

I've always wanted to make a map of the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center (refering back to your space flight center idea) Would be pretty fun to create, but would suggest the majority of it be outside the museum. That way you could have the various missles, rockets, SR71 Black Bird,  the space shuttle (on a stand), and other nifty atractions around. But the more I ponder this, the more I'm hating my idea more, and liking yours better.  :P

Your pyramids idea probably has the most potential, but you would need to add a few things just to make the map flavorful- like maybe an archieological (sp) dig sight- that would double as trenches to avoid said sniper fire. Perhaps a tourist bus (perhaps on fire?) with other cars along a small road to help provide strategical cover as well as add to the scenery. ((I mean lets face it, its the pyramids and... sand :P))

Really liking these ideas of yours though, I will have to invest some time into making things of my own to help contribute some more freshess to the UrT servers. I've just been traumitized with Rud/Rock's server cycle and want to get back to the roots of Urban Terror by making more Urbanomical maps, instead of Q3 Arena in Urban Terror format.. But that's just my dream I think.

VaporTrail

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 10:03:04 PM »
how about a map @ a airport and u can get into 2-3 airplanes. and also u can get into the airport and snipe. Most of the airport be glass you can shoot through so its not a map that will be camped allot. also the airplane windows are breakable. just an idea any1?

I think the best way to go about making this map would be to make the airport at a military base- not sure if this is what you had in mind though, and you could make the planes you would be able to get into cargo planes of sorts (ie.: C-130) with the cargo door in the rear open. Pictures here -> http://www.farfromglory.com/c130.htm ((For those of you who might not know what that is))

Also a very good idea mate, sorry if I'm missin what you're going for.. Just figured it'd be too difficult to make a balanced map with an actual airliner jet in it without more than one entrance to the aircraft.

Offline cinnamon

• Help! My sarcasm detector is BORKEN!!
  • Since: 31/01/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 02:35:04 PM »
You need a Walmart map!!

Someone made a 3rd party Walmart map for Day of Defeat when I played DoD and it was just awesome to run down the isle's of walmart with a gun shooting at people.

Ah Memories.

In the original map you could go outside, on the roof in the air conditioning ducts, the bathrooms, the loading bay.

Just an idea.

GL guys
Ms.RedNeck
"I have made an important discovery…that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, produces all the effects of intoxication." Oscar Wilde

Offline cad

• I am sarcastic
  • Since: 14/10/2009
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
You need a Walmart map!!

Someone made a 3rd party Walmart map for Day of Defeat when I played DoD and it was just awesome to run down the isle's of walmart with a gun shooting at people.

Ah Memories.

In the original map you could go outside, on the roof in the air conditioning ducts, the bathrooms, the loading bay.

Just an idea.

GL guys
Ms.RedNeck

haha

x2 great idea
If you believe everything you read, you better not read.
Japanese proverb

cupcake

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 05:04:19 PM »
You need a Walmart map!!

LOL! Did it include some 90 year old screaming about seeing your receipt?

Offline cinnamon

• Help! My sarcasm detector is BORKEN!!
  • Since: 31/01/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 05:49:02 PM »
LOL CC I guess it didn't have everything.

But I do miss it, it was a fun map.

EDIT: I guess it was a counter strike map before they made it a DoD map and I found some screen shots from Counter strike source.

http://www.customsourcemaps.com/view_map.php?map_id=657
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:52:51 AM by cinnamon »
"I have made an important discovery…that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, produces all the effects of intoxication." Oscar Wilde

Offline Bizzy

• Live. love. Laugh.
  • Since: 02/10/2009
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 01:52:42 AM »
I like that NASA, xcept theres orbital for that. How about on a ship? Or a aircraft carrier?

JJ!<3