News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: To Coders in 1up  (Read 1351 times)

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
To Coders in 1up
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:18:19 AM »
GM servers is looking into the possibility of doing a hiring process for certain features to be created for certain Gmod servers. These would be unique features and would become the property of GM servers upon being paid. This will require working knowledge of Gmod LUA. Game modes include, but are not limited to, Prop-Hunt, Murder, TTT. Each "feature" will be paid in separate. Most features will be small in nature and would pay between $5-$20 USD. However, for larger things prices could be negotiated a bit of course. If possible, it would be good to have a reliable and timely coder that we could continually go to.

I know Ron has used quite a few coders, and I know there at least were some people within 1up that could also code. I decided to come here first while the owner also looks at other sources because I know that the staff of 1up can be trusted alot more than some random person on the internet.  If you are interested and would like more information, contact me at khowe85@gmail.com, or on steam if you still have me there (   [GM] Legion   ).

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
Re: To Coders in 1up
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 12:27:13 PM »
GM servers is looking into the possibility of doing a hiring process for certain features to be created for certain Gmod servers. These would be unique features and would become the property of GM servers upon being paid. This will require working knowledge of Gmod LUA. Game modes include, but are not limited to, Prop-Hunt, Murder, TTT. Each "feature" will be paid in separate. Most features will be small in nature and would pay between $5-$20 USD. However, for larger things prices could be negotiated a bit of course. If possible, it would be good to have a reliable and timely coder that we could continually go to.

I know Ron has used quite a few coders, and I know there at least were some people within 1up that could also code. I decided to come here first while the owner also looks at other sources because I know that the staff of 1up can be trusted alot more than some random person on the internet.  If you are interested and would like more information, contact me at khowe85@gmail.com, or on steam if you still have me there (   [GM] Legion   ).

Epoc,

If you want something coded for Source (Gmod, CSGO, TF2, etc) then just go to the place where SourceMod coding is exchanged ("AlliedModder"): https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php
Anything you need, including a coder, can be found there. Odds are that a plugin you want has been coded several times over.

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 06:03:55 PM »
I'm available for hire. My usual rates are $500 USD / hour. Let me know if I can assist you.
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline Panda[1up]

• HR Management
  • *[1up] HRM
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Clan Social Responsibility
  • Since: 11/10/2009
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »
I'm available for hire. My usual rates are $500 USD / hour. Let me know if I can assist you.

Best I can do is a nickel and a string.

(04:26:27) Severon: real funny bro alright lets go, u and me 1v1
(04:26:37) Severon ip/pw
(04:27:07) Severon: ip is go f urself, pw is i'll talk to u later cuz im bout to pass out
(04:27:30) Severon just joined... didn't see anyone. talk about a cop - out. cool story

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:42:46 PM »

That's more than 1up gives me!!

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 19/05/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 11:44:28 PM »

Pyrite, I would give you a dime and a thread.

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 11:48:26 PM »

That's more than I gave your mom last night!  :P

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 02:16:43 PM »

That's more than I gave your mom last night!  :P

...Comedian now, huh?

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 11:01:37 AM »

yeh, that would be way more than GM could afford. Its a fairly poor community.

Epoc,

If you want something coded for Source (Gmod, CSGO, TF2, etc) then just go to the place where SourceMod coding is exchanged ("AlliedModder"): https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php
Anything you need, including a coder, can be found there. Odds are that a plugin you want has been coded several times over.

there will be posts in there too, BUT i wanted to check here first. Maybe make some 1ups a little money. The exact stuff GM is looking for though does not exist. It will all be totally custom work.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 08:26:23 PM »
Idk if he has time or not, but Flame[1up] could probably do this quite easily.

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 01:54:53 AM »
Idk if he has time or not, but Flame[1up] could probably do this quite easily.

Yeah, I agree. Flame is done with his competitions and all that (I believe). He would probably be your best bet. PM him, and he'll respond.