News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Combat Arms - Crash/Freeze fixes  (Read 4963 times)

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Combat Arms - Crash/Freeze fixes
« on: August 11, 2013, 11:15:05 AM »
I am compiling a list of all the methods i have been able to find to fix any potential crashes within the game.

First,
Always check the compatibility mode. Right click on the shortcut, properties, and check compatability mode. Make sure XP is selected and run as administrator. In some cases you need to select the "check compatibility" link when right clicking the shortcut and have windows take care of it. I am using windows 8.1 preview edition and i am unable to manually set it and must do it that way.

I have found that there is a possible corruption within the Black Cipher files and this may be a way to fix it.
I have verified that when using windows 8.1 this fix seems to help. I give a warning though. Technically this is against the ToS and you CAN be banned for this. That being said however, i have searched for over an hour and have failed to come up with a verified account of having been banned for this. I have also found multiple instances from self proclaimed game admins that this was a "fix" for the issue. The issue is with their black cipher anti-cheat system having a sort of corruption in it that makes it stop responding alot mid game.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:13:59 PM by Slenderman[1up] »

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.