News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: "Show Accuracy" broken with G36  (Read 1048 times)

Offline HonoredMule

• Since: 19/05/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
"Show Accuracy" broken with G36
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »
With my game installation, the option to "Show Accuracy" with weapon scopes (i.e. the expanding ring that shows potential spread while moving/shooting with a zoomed weapon) only works on the SR8 and PSG.  Even using the same crosshair choice, it still doesn't work on the G36.

Incidentally it works in 4.2 for me, but of course that's a whole other can of worms and I don't see myself ever switching to a version of the game that excludes the ikalizer audio system and replaces the character animations with ones for circus clowns.  So just noting this for completeness' sake.

I started playing UrT on 4.1 about a year or two ago, and it has always been this way for me, be it on 4.1, 4.1.1, using ioq3 exe, ioUrbanTerror exe, mitsu's build, or my current build based on mitsu's build.  I didn't even know it was possible to get it working.  But a couple months ago I upgraded my win2k3 desktop to win7 and ended up losing my GUID.

Somehow in the process of trying to get the right GUID restored from various backup sources, I ended up with a strange build that actually showed the accuracy ring on the G36 scope.  This version of my install even used the right GUID if I recall correctly, but the audio was horribly screwed up.  It was like the entire audio library got replaced, and all the sounds were very different.  Weapons fire in particular sounded like pinging noises and was much less distinctive between weapons.  I set that install aside and created yet another from backup sources--this time everything was back to normal.

That's all well and dandy, but now I know it's possible to show accuracy on the G36 I'd really like to have that...without screwing up the audio, that is.  It's a lot harder to judge when I'm firing too quickly and throttle the urge to spam without it.  Has anyone encountered similar situations?  A lot of the complication stems from the mitsu build and similar creating extra content folders and placing/using per-user directories differently which is how I ended up with multiple backups having different content, and the difference does seem to be in content.  Different setups involve large but differing numbers of 0-byte .wav.notfound files in different locations which hints at how the audio got messed up, but I can't imagine what affected the G36 scope.  If anyone's had similar experiences, I'd love to hear about them to see if I can find any clues.

Offline DoLT*[1up]

• Regulating since 1985
  • *[1up] KF Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Since: 15/07/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: "Show Accuracy" broken with G36
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 09:09:24 PM »
are you talking about this.... /cg_scopering  2

i dont use either one.. but i think setting it to 1 is for psg and sr8 and 2 is for the g36 as well.. i have mine turned off bc i think its annoying
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:14:32 PM by DoLT*[1up] »

-grannies are pernonin noobs

Offline HonoredMule

• Since: 19/05/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: "Show Accuracy" broken with G36
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 11:44:43 PM »
Huh...guess it was something simple along.  Never would have guessed a menu option offering "on" and "off" choices actually excluded "on" in favor of "partially on."   ::)

Thanks.

That explains the audio too.  The default for cg_scopering is actually 2 (as it should be), and I must have been losing a bunch of config specified outside autoexec.cfg, possibly including some audio stuff somewhere.  On a side note I never noticed that it only shows movement penalty, not firing penalty.  Guess it's not that useful anyway. :P
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:21:35 PM by HonoredMule »