News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Hawken, MWO, and Other Games  (Read 3704 times)

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Hawken, MWO, and Other Games
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 12:42:54 PM »
cope listed these all because they are native linux games.  He runs a linux machine.  I have played them because one of my old computers uses linux, I played all of them and none of them really clicked (except for red eclipse) they just have corny gameplay, are repetitive, and unattractive graphics.  I'm sure there are different opinions.  You say UrT is dying? urbanterror.info/servers take a look urt has a good amount of players.  And if it does die I can always move to something else, it's that simple.
just over 1000 players.....thats actually pathetic. especially when it would have over 5000 at any time. besides that, then look at other free FPS games and on average they have way more on at any time....to prove its dying though, goggle the decline of UrT players. Every year they loose a lot.

.....174 american servers, only 33 with users.....50% of which have under 3 players.

just saying. this game used to have over 400 us servers, with about a 80% occupancy at pretty much any time.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:47:29 PM by Slenderman[1up] »

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline UncleSam

• Since: 22/01/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »
cope listed these all because they are native linux games.  He runs a linux machine.  I have played them because one of my old computers uses linux, I played all of them and none of them really clicked (except for red eclipse) they just have corny gameplay, are repetitive, and unattractive graphics.  I'm sure there are different opinions.  You say UrT is dying? urbanterror.info/servers take a look urt has a good amount of players.  And if it does die I can always move to something else, it's that simple.
just over 1000 players.....thats actually pathetic. especially when it would have over 5000 at any time. besides that, then look at other free FPS games and on average they have way more on at any time....to prove its dying though, goggle the decline of UrT players. Every year they loose a lot.

.....174 american servers, only 33 with users.....50% of which have under 3 players.

just saying. this game used to have over 400 us servers, with about a 80% occupancy at pretty much any time.

If it's dying then I'm going to enjoy it while I can. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 06:18:57 PM »

If it's dying then I'm going to enjoy it while I can. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

you don't have to believe me. i just know what I'm talking about from experience. i have see many games rise and fall during my gaming times. UrT will maintain a player base for awhile more. but in the next year you will see it on average down to about 600-700 players....if that.....and it will plummet faster from there

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 08:17:55 PM »
I did not necessarily post Linux games, I posted cross platform games; playable on most computers regardless of the operating system.  Yes, they are able to be played on Linux, but also Windows, Mac, and BSD.

I also posted games that no money needs to be spent to play.  Just because it is free, does not constitute it being bad.  Good or bad, it is matter of opinion anyway.  Others opinions do not reflect my decision to play UrT.  I think it is fun, and that is the goal of the game.  Have a first person shooter that does not get into much detail with graphics but is still fun.

I selected them as to not leave anyone out for some reason or another.  If I started posting Linux only games, then I would be segregating the clan by the operating systems they use.  I tried to also avoid ones that cost money since some of us are not as well off as others and the list was to mitigate those issues.

On that note:  Game on!

Computers do not have problems, they have users