News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Urt 4.1 Support Ending  (Read 9525 times)

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Urt 4.1 Support Ending
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 07:14:45 AM »
4.1 sucks.

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 07:56:03 AM »
about time. 4.1 is dead. time to move on and move fully over to 4.2. i know alot of people liked 4.1, but in the end it has been replaced. besides, it would end up being too costly i think for ron to keep both 4.1 and 4.2 servers up.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Sander

• Since: 08/03/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
about time. 4.1 is dead. time to move on and move fully over to 4.2. i know alot of people liked 4.1, but in the end it has been replaced. besides, it would end up being too costly i think for ron to keep both 4.1 and 4.2 servers up.
4.1 is not dead. There are still a Lot of servers that are Full 24/7
What happens is that 4.2 is getting more supporters but there will still be a lot of people playing 4.1 because they like it very much and think 4.2 is Bad even though they haven't even tried 4.2.

It is easier to discover 1000 mistakes on an other person than one at yourself.

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 10:44:48 AM »
What happens is that 4.2 is getting more supporters but there will still be a lot of people playing 4.1 because they like it very much and think 4.2 is Bad even though they haven't even tried 4.2.

UrT is dead in general....

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Sander

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 10:50:23 AM »

It might seem dead to you since you are not playing it, EPOC16, but there are still many players that have had good times with it and that will keep playing it.

Offline SeSko

• Since: 13/07/2011
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »

It might seem dead to you since you are not playing it, EPOC16, but there are still many players that have had good times with it and that will keep playing it.
+1
there will be no game anytime like urban terror : the jumps the maps everything,you will never find a fun server like super ts in any type of game,the game isn't dead,the people that don't play at none 1up servers says so.
though I support moving to 4.2

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »
I think we need to be positive about this. Most people do not like change, but we are in a tight spot because player participation is dwindling at an alarming rate for Urt. We need to set up a 4.2 Super TS, Fun Server and then convert other servers into useful Steam games. FtW is uncertain at this time (they took their site down) and rather than crash and burn with the game, I will try to encourage 4.2 advancement. We have sunk almost $10,000 into Urt development over the past (roughly) 5 years. That figure does not even include the costs of servers paid each month (dedicated box and multiple game hosting accounts). Let us try to make something good out of the destruction of 4.1 and 4.1.1, rather than being consumed by it. And so we push forward with a firm resolve to stay the course by promoting and converting to 4.2.

Offline Premium[1upZ]

• *[1upZ] Zombie
  • ùùùùùùùùù
  • Since: 27/06/2012
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »

You are dead >:D
~Signature~

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »

You are dead >:D

at any given time you have roughly 300-400 players in the game. Naturally there is some fluctuation because it is clearly more popular overseas than in the US. When you look at what the numbers USED to be, you will realize. on average the game looses 100-400 players. At best, you saw 1000-4000 players on at any given time (back in around 2000) when the quake engine was at its prime. these days UrT is an empty shell of a game compared to what it used to be. The game has a loyal playerbase. These are the people however who enjoy lower end games that you can play on any computer, and dont mind the quake engines horrible hit engine.....or should i just say out dated....

I dont have to google the numbers, even though i did.....just looking at this clan alone. on average we get 10-15 players for practice....and how many members do we have? I can find players just within the clan to play another game much easier than UrT....

But in the end, play what you find is fun. If you find a 13 year old game fun, then play it.

Sander, if i dont play it, how come i am never last in the practices? i play enough to  be competitive enough in practice.....besides, i like FPS games whos hit recognition and weapons dmg/spread is realistic.....though the jumping around can be fun.  Also, 24/7 servers mean nothing if no one is in them. 95% of the servers usually have no one, or maybe 1 or 2 people in them at any time. only maybe 10-15 servers have any real activity. Even thats touch and go.

not that this is a hate post....more than i guess i realize more than some that UrT is basically dead. A shell of its former self and will finally die off soon enough.

Premium.....i am UNDEAD....lol

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:08:12 PM by EPOC16[1up] »

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Sander

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 04:24:25 PM »
Whatever...

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 07:45:03 PM »
I've never had an issue with hits in any Quake or Quake based mod except Urt.. You've made an enemy.

Back on topic now.

I hated 4.2 until the recent patches. I feel for the 4.1 lovers because I had the same opinion back when 4.2 first released.

I for one will help populate the 4.2s when they roll out.

“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline Dynasty[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Water Sleeps....
  • Since: 08/01/2011
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »
The hits are the same. I dunno what you all are complaining about.

Change, change, the form of man....
Rise the demon; Etrigan!

Offline oK|Yahoo

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 02/04/2010
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 11:02:01 PM »

bull****. there two different games

Offline CuttyFlam[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • '
  • Since: 14/08/2010
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 11:34:12 PM »

Agreed

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 11:40:21 PM »

They're*

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”