News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Batman Shooting  (Read 8845 times)

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Batman Shooting
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 03:11:03 AM »
Lets solve this problem by giving more people guns.

What a stupid solution. Just outlaw firearms. "Well that wont solve the problem." It does if the government buys the guns from people and has strict laws that are ENFORCED. Do you see shootings going down in Australia? England? I haven't heard of any. "Americans have the right to bear arms" That's nice lets stick to an old form of government that never changes and expect things to get better. It's like playing a video game that never gets patched. Why would you do it? Why wouldn't you improve with new ideas? America is one of the youngest countries in the world. Who gives a bunch of children weapons? Seriously, even in war nukes are available but they have only been used 2 times. guess who used them? The kids with the guns.

So irresponsible.

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Batman Shooting
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 08:55:12 AM »
Criminals will NEVER give up their weapons.  Gun control only works on law abiding citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 09:12:57 AM »
Criminals will NEVER give up their weapons.  Gun control only works on law abiding citizens.

It will make them less public about their weapons. People who don't want them taken away wont do stupid ****.

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
Batman Shooting
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 09:13:24 AM »
I can find literally dozens of examples for you of legally armed citizens forcefully removing a threat, thereby saving the lives of others. 

Turban, this particular Psycho probably wouldn't have cared if anyone in that room was armed, but most other violent offenders would.  Guns are a very effective deterrent because they remove the advantage from the criminal.  The field of force is leveled.

In societies with few guns, it's true that shootings are rare.  But violent offenders rarely cease offending just because their preferred weapon gets taken away.  I can tell you right now that if it comes down to it, I would MUCH rather be shot than stabbed, clubbed, axed, etc. 

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

-Rush Limbaugh

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 17/12/2009
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »
http://www.theblessingsofliberty.com/articles/article11.html

That's what Hitler did, took away everyone's guns. Maybe instead of elimating guns, the government should train people how to use them.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:23:33 AM by BourBon[1up] »

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 09:22:09 AM »
I can find literally dozens of examples for you of legally armed citizens forcefully removing a threat, thereby saving the lives of others. 

Turban, this particular Psycho probably wouldn't have cared if anyone in that room was armed, but most other violent offenders would.  Guns are a very effective deterrent because they remove the advantage from the criminal.  The field of force is leveled.

In societies with few guns, it's true that shootings are rare.  But violent offenders rarely cease offending just because their preferred weapon gets taken away.  I can tell you right now that if it comes down to it, I would MUCH rather be shot than stabbed, clubbed, axed, etc. 

What gives you the right to end someone else's life? Just because the playing field is even doesn't make it right for every person and their mother to walk around with a weapon.

Imagine this. Someone pulls a gun out of frustration, they are gunned down, someone notices someone fired before that person fired so they kill them, then someone assumes that guy is just doing it out of bloodlust so they gun him down.

Retarded. Why would you throw a match into a powderkeg?

Fun fact: We are not swiss

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:24:20 AM by RedRumOnE »

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
Batman Shooting
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 09:29:33 AM »
When someone is trying to rape or kill my wife, rape or kill my sisters, kill me, kill the old lady next door, etc, you'd better believe that I have every right to prevent that from happening.  Gun ownership is not to be taken lightly.  Every responsible gun owner knows how grave the use of force is.  Responsible gun owners use force only when necessary.

-Ronald Reagan

-Rush Limbaugh

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »
When someone is trying to rape or kill my wife, rape or kill my sisters, kill me, kill the old lady next door, etc, you'd better believe that I have every right to prevent that from happening.  Gun ownership is not to be taken lightly.  Every responsible gun owner knows how grave the use of force is.  Responsible gun owners use force only when necessary.

Maybe you should stop thinking about yourself and more about the people who would have access to guns if there were more guns out there. Not everyone is responsible this is why we have so many problems, you think more guns will make the problems with guns go away? Especially in places like New York? Or Detroit?

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 09:35:34 AM »
I merely mention the Swiss because you mentioned uk and Australia

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
Batman Shooting
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »
New York, Detroit and Chicago have zero shortage of guns among the criminal population.  Law abiding citizens however are rarely armed in these cities.  I know for a fact that being armed in Chicago is illegal.  Look at the rate of gun violence there.  Off the charts.

-Ronald Reagan

-Rush Limbaugh

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 09:40:43 AM »
New York, Detroit and Chicago have zero shortage of guns among the criminal population.  Law abiding citizens however are rarely armed in these cities.  I know for a fact that being armed in Chicago is illegal.  Look at the rate of gun violence there.  Off the charts.

Guns are not a part of the English and Aussie culture.

So you think the rate of gun violence will go down if you give everyone there guns? You think someone who shoots a person really gives two ****s if they get shot? I would rather get shot than go to jail myself. Think about it. would you rather the dude who did what he did in aurora to get out of it scot free? Or would you rather he goes to jail and gets butt****ed by bubba for the rest of his life?

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
Batman Shooting
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »
The criminal isn't the only consideration.  IF criminals are caught (and that's a big if), they were still able to commit the crime.  A criminal being in prison for life means nothing to me if he was able to harm or kill my family and I was legally prevented from taking action to stop him.

-Ronald Reagan

-Rush Limbaugh

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »
let's ban guns, but also we should ban violent video games I think that's dangerous too.  And shoot 'em up movies too!  We should control what people do and what goes into their minds so that way they don't get lead down some violent path of destruction.  That would really eliminate the problem then we could live in a country where violence ceases to exist and everyone is freely sharing in love because that's all they've ever known. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:55:05 AM by BourBon[1up] »

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
Batman Shooting
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 09:53:53 AM »
I guarantee you that if the law abiding citizens who wish to arm themselves in Chicago were actually allowed to, violent crime would plummet in that city.  Guarantee.  Don't take what I said and spin it to mean that everyone should have a gun.  Many in our culture are afraid of guns, and could not handle owning one.  But that's a non-issue here.  Those who want to legally carry should be allowed to.  Those that don't want to carry don't have to.  Personal choice.

-Ronald Reagan

-Rush Limbaugh

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 10:04:07 AM »
I guarantee you that if the law abiding citizens who wish to arm themselves in Chicago were actually allowed to, violent crime would plummet in that city.  Guarantee.  Don't take what I said and spin it to mean that everyone should have a gun.  Many in our culture are afraid of guns, and could not handle owning one.  But that's a non-issue here.  Those who want to legally carry should be allowed to.  Those that don't want to carry don't have to.  Personal choice.

What about children and the elderly? You think they should have guns too I mean if they choose to that is. The playing field is NOT as level as you think it is by doing what you say because there are still people who are unarmed and will have to be in the vicinity when these guns are going off. Ricochet for breakfast sounds like a great thing to have in the morning when someone is late for work and flips out and holds a gun to the person at the counter telling them to hurry up. (That is an exaggeration but I hope you understand what I mean about close quarters and gunfights in populated areas.)

Bourbon you are comparing a weapon to code in a computer. Your argument is invalid.