News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Zombie Bomb---Humans have the bomb  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Zombie Bomb---Humans have the bomb
« on: September 24, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »
It would be really innovative to see humans with the bomb, instead of zombies. I think this would create kind of an escape situation where humans have to out think the zombies to get to a plant site, and defend from the incoming hoard. Sounds like hollywood fun XD.

The basic premise is that humans have energy like what they would have in regular games while the zombies have infinite energy. This is a huge difference between current zombie games where jumping skills for both teams is the most important. Now, it is more strategy and aim for humans that are the most important skills and zombie team has to concentrate on more of the jumping.

Humans will have the choice of selection between different weapons and will only be able to use those weapons. Kevlar and helmet are OPTIONAL as well, and we will have to balance the damage so that kevlar is important enough to warrant keeping. Medpack is also a choice. I vision this playing out as a stake out game where you have to strategically move forward and defend an area from zombies zone by zone while zombies try to repeatedly push and retreat if needed. Headshots will also be rewarded heavily for human team, to make it more hectic and rewarding to blow zombie brains to pieces.

Humans:
Equipment and attributes:
Ak47
30 rounds
6 to body base

Lr300, m4, g36, ump
30 rounds
5 to body base

DE
8 rounds
9 body

Beretta
15 rounds
5 body

Shotgun
1 shot
max damage of 60

Mp5
30 rounds
4 to body

Sr8
4 rounds
scrollable, 50 damage body legs head

Psg
8 rounds
20 damage body, head bonus damage

HK69
80 damage max, extreme knockback, can hurt self but not team

Grenades
Normal damage, can hurt self but not team

Note that the grenades are quite powerful but they take the slot of a potential piece of armor or side arm.

Zombies

Knifes should have a base damage of around 35 to body which would be 100+ for head correct? With kevlar or helmet they would be reduced. Scrolling would be allowed.

Possible to do no medpack, but regen all the way to full?

Bleeding is nullified just like current zombie bomb, healing from bleeding is like zombie ts where it takes some time to get rid of bleeding but you don't die from it very often. The current "eating" system is still in place.

Imaginary scenario: Casa
Teams spawn, human team decides to rush A. By the time the team reaches lumber, zombie team should be set up around the edges of bombsite A. Human team camps the market for a while to regain energy, loses a few to zombies and zombies lose some. Humans nade and push forward and zombies retreat to their spawn to heal and regen. Bomb is planted at A, zombie team rushes to defuse, humans are camped and hold until bomb goes off. The surviving zombies are killed by the blast.

Michael Bay moment.

For role playing purposes, I would assume that the kevlar and helmets are like "contamination suits" and the bomb is like a huge antiviral bomb. It kills all remaining zombies, giving incentive to deactivate.

Offline Gautch

• Optimism is the content of small men in high places.
  • Since: 20/03/2011
Re: Zombie Bomb---Humans have the bomb
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 06:05:25 PM »
I <3 this idea :D

+1 Wargasm :P

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."

Offline sniper#420[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • roll it light it smoke it enjoy it
  • Since: 01/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:22:14 PM »
This project is quite a tall order, but it can be done with the resources we already have on-hand.
I would make it more of a team switching objective like Zombie TS currently performs. However, I would keep Zombies as they currently are with the Bomb, but then implement the changes you discussed here when Humans have the bomb.

The main work is in the configs and in balancing damage once again.
I hope to have time to work on this project again soon.

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 08:22:55 PM »
Thanks for the input, Ruusan had some constructive criticism and I would like to address them.

1st was that there was TOO much choice and a hassle to players. There were no mandatory items, which was different than the servers right now. Even 1up zombie bomb gives you a sr8 and grenades as well as kevlar+helmet.

I think that we can try it out with the choice of equipment and if people find it a hassle, we can start by giving out certain things. Medkit is actually something that humans might need as Ruusan reminded me that pug players tend to not heal anyways, so maybe make it so they atleast have a medpack. Other things I think we should atleast try out.

2nd was that the energy limit for humans was a big no no. I felt like humans should be different from zombies in that they are humans with energy and physical hampers while zombies would be like the fast zombies off of half life 2. That is another thing we can test around with, maybe giving energy like super ts like Ruusan suggested. I still think this is something that can be messed around with in testing.