News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Would this be possible for a Zombie mod?  (Read 3100 times)

Offline jabba

• Since: 14/04/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Would this be possible for a Zombie mod?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »
heres my input  :)
btw: i would play that.

so at the end of the map, depending on how many people are playing, half of them (the people with highest amount of zombie kills) will be switched to blue. yea.. but this game mode sounds sooo complicated and ron will probably have a hard time making this  ???

Ok well for starters.

Ron wouldn't be making this. He'll have the money and insight on it, but mainly, it'd be Pyrite, Zhalix and whoever Ron would hire to code this.

Although this is a really cool idea Zang, I doubt it's going to get there any time soon. There are a lot of other things going down as of late.

ok :o

Offline Term

• Since: 12/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »
Well we could make the humans get more health after every zombie they kill right?

Offline Zangetsu

• With me, all things end.
  • Since: 29/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »
Well we could make the humans get more health after every zombie they kill right?

We could I suppose. I don't see how it would help unless we go the low damage/high bleed route though. The way it works at the moment is pretty much 2 hit kills for zombies and if they are close enough to hit you once, they can hit you twice. So the extra time needed to code giving humans health doesn't seem to be worth it right now.

I don't expect this to happen anytime soon, if at all. I know there are other things that need done right now. It's just an idea I though about and wanted to share for opinions.
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Offline Steez

• 1up zombie TS... It's dead
  • Since: 19/03/2011
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 10:05:50 AM »
Mmm sounds just like CS:S zombie mod... but thats a good thing!!! I am aware that i have posted this CS:S zombie mod stuff in a few other threads, but for the people that don't know according to gametracker the top 3 servers are all zombie mod. Most of the stuff zangetsu said about this new "zombie mod" sounds just like CS:S zombie mod. I attached a screen shot of the top 3 servers for CS:S. Also checked, and made sure there's no bots.  When i took a look at the second ranked server i realized that i used to play on that server like 3 years ago. ahhhh good memories. I also attached an CS:S zombie mod vid.
*THE SOLE POINT OF ATTACHING THE VID IS TO SHOW SOME OF ZANGETSU'S IDEAS*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOajNIBrNXc# If you pause at 0:22 of the vid you can see its like 4v13, but in  CS:S in start its only one zombie that spawns which isnt gonna happen, and when you see the knife kills by the zombie (top right of vid), the humans then transfer to the zombie team which led to it being 4v13 not 1v13. Eventually when everyone gets to the zombie team usually it will just end the round in like "zombie team wins!", or else then if all the zombies are killed it would be "human team wins!" and then it will just go back to another round of zombies/humans, and start again :omg: Other then that great idea!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:21:52 AM by Power-Of-One' »

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
Mmm sounds just like CS:S zombie mod... but thats a good thing!!! I am aware that i have posted this CS:S zombie mod stuff in a few other threads, but for the people that don't know according to gametracker the top 3 servers are all zombie mod. Most of the stuff zangetsu said about this new "zombie mod" sounds just like CS:S zombie mod. I attached a screen shot of the top 3 servers for CS:S. Also checked, and made sure there's no bots.  When i took a look at the second ranked server i realized that i used to play on that server like 3 years ago. ahhhh good memories. I also attached an CS:S zombie mod vid.
*THE SOLE POINT OF ATTACHING THE VID IS TO SHOW SOME OF ZANGETSU'S IDEAS*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOajNIBrNXc# If you pause at 0:22 of the vid you can see its like 4v13, but in  CS:S in start its only one zombie that spawns which isnt gonna happen, and when you see the knife kills by the zombie (top right of vid), the humans then transfer to the zombie team which led to it being 4v13 not 1v13. Eventually when everyone gets to the zombie team usually it will just end the round in like "zombie team wins!", or else then if all the zombies are killed it would be "human team wins!" and then it will just go back to another round of zombies/humans, and start again :omg: Other then that great idea!

Ya, I posted a topic about this before, but nobody was really that interested. Zangetsu's idea is similar except you don't escape, you just survive on a time limit.