News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Would this be possible for a Zombie mod?  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Zangetsu

• With me, all things end.
  • Since: 29/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Would this be possible for a Zombie mod?
« on: July 26, 2011, 08:12:46 PM »
Ok so we all know that when a zombie bites a human they turn into a zombie. My idea would be to have A game mode tdm style with a twist. If you are killed by a knife you respawn as a zombie. It would work kinda like this;

You join the server
Get forced to a team and locked to it by b3
If you are forced to be a human you will stay human until you are killed by a knife. If you are killed by a knife you get forced to zombie and locked there.

If you are a zombie, you stay zombie for the map
The teams will be unlocked (meaning you can have uneven teams) where, at the start, you will have 1 zombie per 3 humans
Zombies will respawn as per tdm rules. Humans will respawn as per this idea.

Zombies will start with just a knife. No throwing the knife. It will be just like the other zombie modes.
Humans will start with whatever they want to as per this idea;

We could have a few different weapon selections to choose from with a command to the console.
/zm will give us a ZM LR300 as per the other zombie mods.
/m4 will give us the M4 that is the same as the ZM but for those who like the m4 better.
/ak will give us an AK that does 10% damage but only has a 20 shot clip.
/psg will give us a psg that does 25% all around damage with 5 shot clip.
/sr8 will give us an sr8 that does 45% all around with 3 shots. This will also have the rapid fire as per zombie bomb's sr8.

If no weapon is chosen like this, they will be given the standard ZM loadout.

All of these will have a 2 shot spaz that can do around 75% damage (this may seem overpowered but remember, this is TDM with respawning zombies). A DE as per zombie ts. A boot that does 35%.
They will have one weapon that is new though. The HnK Grenade launcher. This will have a grenade that explodes as soon as it is fired that will kill the Human and any zombies around him. The main point of this weapon will be to suicide as to not die to a zombie and respawn as one.

I am not exactly sure how we can make this work as TDM though. Seeing as eventually everyone will end up a zombie there will be no humans left to kill as you won't be able to change teams.

Your thoughts on this? I don't know if it can even be done but it's an idea I had.
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Offline hazard

• -WT-hazard
  • Since: 07/07/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Would this be possible for a Zombie mod?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:27:48 PM »
Nice idea. This reminds me zombie mode in Counter Strike. It is quiet the same thing but in CS when a human is killed by a zombie, he don't die but he just transforms in a zombie (only for that round).

Instead, for the part where no more humans are left, a good solution would be that, if a zombie kills more than 3 (or more) humans in a row, the next round he spawn like a human.

Offline Replay

• lmao
  • Since: 05/03/2011
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 04:53:41 AM »
This is an amazing idea.

Offline Term

• Since: 12/10/2010
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 05:10:07 AM »
WOW just WOW.

*I wish I could think of stuff like that.*

I think I am already addicted to this. :D

So what's the IP?  >:(

Offline J-Squared[1up]

• mmm Spam
  • *[1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • nom nom nom
  • Since: 24/11/2010
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:22:02 AM »
Can it be set so that round ends when no humans are left and zombies win and if any humans are left at end of time period then humans win?

Offline Zangetsu

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 06:29:29 AM »
Can it be set so that round ends when no humans are left and zombies win and if any humans are left at end of time period then humans win?

Seeing as it would be Team Death Match based with respawns, it won't have rounds. It would just be until time runs out for the map.

I have yet to come up with an idea as to how it would work when the map changes as well, if everybody is locked onto zombie by that time. Maybe there can be a weapon humans have that will "cure" the zombie's if they are killed by it, giving a way for zombies to go back to human.

Still needs a lot of thought for it to be anywhere close to doable with Urban Terror.
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Offline Term

• Since: 12/10/2010
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 07:04:57 AM »

Seeing as it would be Team Death Match based with respawns, it won't have rounds. It would just be until time runs out for the map.

I have yet to come up with an idea as to how it would work when the map changes as well, if everybody is locked onto zombie by that time. Maybe there can be a weapon humans have that will "cure" the zombie's if they are killed by it, giving a way for zombies to go back to human.

Still needs a lot of thought for it to be anywhere close to doable with Urban Terror.

OK so it is TDM. IF there are any humans left after the certain time limit. Humans win. When/if there are no humans left and all are zombies. Zombiws win.

Do it like Zombie bomb. It stops the time when all are dead. Just make it restart or change maps.

Why wouldn't that work? :-\

Offline TurbanError

• Since: 12/11/2010
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 08:11:03 AM »
I like the idea.  What are thoughts about making weapons do ultra low damage.  My thought would be a knife would do 1% (and very long bleed/decay).  No more zombies jumping people around the corner, the bleed from the zombie attack will be most deadly, zombies will most likely be stumbling with the leg shots.

Offline Zangetsu

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 08:27:19 AM »
I like the idea.  What are thoughts about making weapons do ultra low damage.  My thought would be a knife would do 1% (and very long bleed/decay).  No more zombies jumping people around the corner, the bleed from the zombie attack will be most deadly, zombies will most likely be stumbling with the leg shots.

This sounds pretty awesome. But seeing as the zombies will no no other way to do damage I don't see it working. Unless it could be made to be a 1 bleed death (something like 99% damage per bleed out or whatever it's called) but I don't know if that is something that can be changed per team.

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 08:32:35 AM »

Zombie Survival Formula -basic config

Timelimit 3
g_waverespawns "1"
g_bluewave "91"
g_redwave "15"

Non-B3 Formula

The below will have a TDM that ends in 3 minutes. Killed zombies will respawn in a wave every 15 seconds. Humans will not respawn before the timelimit ends (but they will see the counter-countdown for next wave respawn).

B3-Formula

A plugin would take killed Humans and move them to the Zombie team. The bot would declare a winner in bigtext when the last Human is killed or if one or more Humans survive the timelimit. The bot would then change the map and randomly move players to a team. Then it would start all over again.

Offline Zangetsu

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 08:42:38 AM »

Zombie Survival Formula -basic config

Timelimit 3
g_waverespawns "1"
g_bluewave "91"
g_redwave "15"

Non-B3 Formula

The below will have a TDM that ends in 3 minutes. Killed zombies will respawn in a wave every 15 seconds. Humans will not respawn before the timelimit ends (but they will see the counter-countdown for next wave respawn).

B3-Formula

A plugin would take killed Humans and move them to the Zombie team. The bot would declare a winner in bigtext when the last Human is killed or if one or more Humans survive the timelimit. The bot would then change the map and randomly move players to a team. Then it would start all over again.

I didn't think about the wave spawns :O That sounds awesome, but I would like if humans could respawn as well if they used the Grenade launcher to die. Or just take the self damage off of it and give it a 10 second regenerating shot. Suppose the second would be easier to do as we already have the means to do it. We should get some testing on this :D

Offline jabba

• Since: 14/04/2011
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 11:53:43 AM »
heres my input  :)
btw: i would play that.

so at the end of the map, depending on how many people are playing, half of them (the people with highest amount of zombie kills) will be switched to blue. yea.. but this game mode sounds sooo complicated and ron will probably have a hard time making this  ???

Offline PowerMaid

• Since: 06/02/2010
    • A Games Industries
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »
heres my input  :)
btw: i would play that.

so at the end of the map, depending on how many people are playing, half of them (the people with highest amount of zombie kills) will be switched to blue. yea.. but this game mode sounds sooo complicated and ron will probably have a hard time making this  ???

Ok well for starters.

Ron wouldn't be making this. He'll have the money and insight on it, but mainly, it'd be Pyrite, Zhalix and whoever Ron would hire to code this.

Although this is a really cool idea Zang, I doubt it's going to get there any time soon. There are a lot of other things going down as of late.

Offline Replay

• lmao
  • Since: 05/03/2011
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 12:52:31 PM »
Make the weaps similar to zombie ts

Offline Cell[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Tea is SO the best drink!
  • Since: 18/04/2011
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »
i really like that idea :)