News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Zombie mode 2?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Zombie mode 2?
« on: February 07, 2011, 03:44:27 AM »
Ok I love zombie mode with 1up and all but what do you think of a revamped game type that encourages more action? Right now, the general tactic is to get high as a human or in any location that takes time to get to, slow the zombie/bleed them out with negev and then finish with any other weapon. One of the defining weapons of zombies gameplay is the negev with it's knock back, which is supposed to keep zombies away and injure legs. Why not take that out and add something else?

Humans get an ak47 or any of the assault rifles instead of negev(no choosing, just start with it like the negev)
-Does 3% damage for body hits, 1% for leg and arm, 6% for head shots
Sr8 as usual except 50% damage for headshots
Shotgun as usual
Deagle as usual

Zombies however get hurt with leg shots (slowed) but do not take bleed damage(body parts still "bleed" and take time to bandage but no damage). This encourages humans to finish off zombies which in turn allows for more frantic play.

Offline Wargasm

Re: Zombie mode 2?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 03:45:08 AM »
Edit: The assault rifles do not knock back

Offline Term

• Since: 12/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:20:46 AM »
Edit: The assault rifles do not knock back

You could have just pushed modify on the top right on the last post.

Offline rondonboy

• Just you're typical Australian
  • Since: 25/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 05:12:40 AM »
I love it just the way it is  8)

Offline AuXAuV

• "Power corrupts the best"- Mikhail Bakunin
  • Since: 16/08/2010
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 05:14:47 AM »
Unless zombies have medkits, no 50% headshots, I don't want to
get insta-gibbed by a lucky noscope across Eagle.

Otherwise, sounds okay.

I think it should be a 20 round mag AK, since it's pretty powerful, and fast reload.
Have maybe 8 mags? Maybe 6?

I'd like to see players spam the AK like they spam the negev. It'd have too much spread.

Offline PowerMaid

• Since: 06/02/2010
    • A Games Industries
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »
Well, during Zombies' first day, we tried to have the ARs instead of the Negev, but it didn't work out very well.

Offline Wargasm

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 08:02:40 PM »
Well, during Zombies' first day, we tried to have the ARs instead of the Negev, but it didn't work out very well.

Was it overpowered? Underpowered? Just plain didn't fit? Explain so I can reason why ARs would not work.

Offline PowerMaid

• Since: 06/02/2010
    • A Games Industries
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 08:10:53 PM »
No knockback. It couldn't be done. We can fix power in weapons, but their actual properties such as accuracy - and knockback - can't be touched.

Offline Wargasm

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:27 PM »
No knockback. It couldn't be done. We can fix power in weapons, but their actual properties such as accuracy - and knockback - can't be touched.

Do the Ak47s knockback? If they don't it is fine I think, because with the amount of damage you do, focus firing kills zombies very fast.

marvsta

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 12:58:47 PM »
hmmmmmmmmm
we could have a pistol have the boot have knockback?
or we could do low grav zombies
where there are like 10 humans and 20 zombies
or we could lower the knockback very highly for negev and bleed rate but increase ammo

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 02:11:24 PM »
Apparently you can't read Marvin.

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

marvsta

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 02:16:18 PM »
Apparently you can't read Marvin.
lol sorry

Offline TurbanError

• Since: 12/11/2010
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
I like the idea of having more zombies than humans (even if that means stronger weapons for humans).  I would really like to see a zombie without bleed, as zombies bleeding out doesn't make much sense to me. 

I like the idea of a long heal time with mobs of zombies limping (from leg shots).  I don't think I would want to play low gravity for an entire server (as humans taking to the sky is a killer tactic) but I definitely think a map in the cycle with low gravity would be awesome.

Offline Steez

• 1up zombie TS... It's dead
  • Since: 19/03/2011
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »
Like the ideas, but on thing that would be cool is a zombie escape map. A map which you have to escape as a team (humans) to lets say a like bomb shelter. I am getting this idea from counter strike:source. I used to play that game, but currently don't. The humans could also escape from like a helicopter while the zombies all die from a bomb.

Here is an example of a zombie escape map played on a map with a jurassic park theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki89FbHyWiw#

Counter strike:source is undoubtedly the most succesfull pc game out there, and zombies is one of the most popular mods on the game.

Offline Perfectionist

• The Big Bang Theory FTW!
  • Since: 18/01/2011
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »
Since Legacy is basically trying to revive old (EVEN YEARS OLD), dead threads I'll just contribute what I think.

Most Zombie players have heard about Z9's server. Its almost always full, and when it's not it has at least 20+ players.
BUT what makes it so popular?

BEST REASON: TEAM SWITCHING

Every map, the teams change. I don't mean the humans get changed to the red team, I mean the blue team becomes zombies, so the blue team gets knifes and the red team gets guns, then vice versa the next map.

I like this idea better than the idea posted by 1up members and some other contributors where the players get switched sides halfway during the map, after or during round 5 (out of 10).

What I'm proposing is that if a 2nd Zombie TS server were to be made, this would be a good option - to give it difference to the current TS server. Also, as Wargasm stated, different weapons on blues would be a nice change for the 2nd server. Although, if a standard auto were to replace the negev, please don't make it too underpowered (like what infinity team has basically done, they're practically useless in the hands of an unexperienced or as I'd call it, "unworthy" player.   :P
"A win in battle is not won without tragedy"