News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Want to make a movie  (Read 887 times)

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Want to make a movie
« on: October 15, 2010, 10:22:49 AM »
I want to make a 1up video.  I made some good demos last night for me and venom, and I'd like as many 1ups to participate as possible.  Still a little unclear on how to turn it into an .avi//.mpeg, but it seems pretty strait forward, and hopefully I can get trips to work with me on that part. Once I get a format I can work with, I'm decent on windows movie maker and I'll use a little youtube downloader to put some flavor in there. 

What I am looking for is some short demos of you kicking a bunch of ass.  2 and 3 in a rows are good, but if you can muster it, I'd like to see some real ownage, preferably on fun server or ctf.  (Just because the ownage tends to be a little worse)  If you know me, my style wouldn't be best described as 'baddass'.  This isn't a dark-and-handsome total pownage movie I am working on that glorifies our l337 skillz, but more, just an art project that emphasizes humor and community.  Lets face it folks, 1up isn't about being a baddass, its about having fun.   My style of art is more humorous than anything, so keep this in mind.  HAVE FUN.  Do funny things!

Something else I am looking for is style.  For example, Venom did some amazing stuff last night but he plays with 100% mouse sensitivity and frankly, the demos make me car-sick to watch.  I got some good snippets out of it, but his use of the sr8 is well... crack-headish.   Which brings me to my next point: sr8.. Most stylish way to kill, hands down.  I'm not really interested in g36 kills, unless they are really really cool.  (powerslide to headshot combo etc.) Hell, even negev kills are awesome when you get like 50 guys in a row with it. Its mean.  There will be some really 'mean' parts of this.
I don't want the entire thing to be sr8's though, so I'd like to see some other weapons.  DE headshots are always awesome.  Grenade kills are great especially when the bodies fly around.  Auto kills are fine too, but remember, they have to be stylish, if not, unique, then very skilled.  (very very long distance head shots, well calculated three shot kills, etc. try not to spray, it never looks very cool)  The faster the kill, the better.)  Btw, knife kills are hilarious when done correctly ;)  Fun and games is important, but style will make it enjoyable.

The other thing I might add here is this:  I need some other fun stuff.  Not just ownage, but funny stuff.  Walljumps are awesome.  Boot-kills are funny.  Also, some of you do that super-360-spin-of-death thing at the end of the TS game I've never been able to figure out.  Thats funny.  Grenade jumps are funny.  Human pyramids are funny.  Tea-bagging is funny.  Team-killing is even funny when done appropriately.  Admin-slapping is funny. Know what else is funny? Almost everything Flexan says.  Raging is funny when its not you.  Very funny.  Almost everything KD197 says sounds cool, so spy on him alot too. 

If there were one single central theme you were supposed to take away from this whole page, it was 'funny'.  Funny has 'fun' in it for a reason, thats why they call it funny, and not like.. 'seriousy'.   Its a game, its supposed to be fun.  I'm more impressed with people that can make it funny, than I am with l337 skillz.  (Not that I don't enjoy some amazing skills too) Like I say, this isn't a pwnage movie, its a movie about community and fun.  Let trips make that movie for you.  He's much much better at that than I.   I just make funny art.

If you'd like to contribute to my art project, either send me some demos, or let me know when you are on a roll and I can record them for you.  Remember, it doesn't have to be serious.  It doesn't even have to be Urban Terror.  It can be almost anything, as long as its fun.

That is all.

_gemma

Offline ColdBlooded

• newb status since 1994
  • Since: 02/06/2010
Re: Want to make a movie
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
ill make some demos lol :P
Making a new start! :)

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 10:30:11 AM »
Also, if you want a sense of my art style, watch this, and look at my sigs.. I'm not high-tech, hi-res, bad-ass kinda guy.  Its not that I couldn't, its that I don't.  I believe in pixels.  I believe in classics.  I believe in MSpaint.  All very real things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rUX09mBQK0&feature=channel#

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »
Know what else is funny? Almost everything Flexan says.  Raging is funny when its not you.  Very funny.  Almost everything KD197 says sounds cool, so spy on him alot too. 
LOL yeah Flexan rocks, not sure what you mean about me though ???
This video HAS to have someone getting their nuts blown off trying to teabag someone! :P I've been meaning to go through my folder of demos and clear out the rubbish, so I'll see if there's anything cool in there while I'm at it.

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »
Know what else is funny? Almost everything Flexan says.  Raging is funny when its not you.  Very funny.  Almost everything KD197 says sounds cool, so spy on him alot too. 
LOL yeah Flexan rocks, not sure what you mean about me though ???
This video HAS to have someone getting their nuts blown off trying to teabag someone! :P I've been meaning to go through my folder of demos and clear out the rubbish, so I'll see if there's anything cool in there while I'm at it.

outschtanding!  Yeah, blowing peoples nuts off whilst tea-bagging is pretty funny.  Also, in regard to what I said about you.... Don't worry about it, you'll see.  ;)

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »
DE headshots are always awesome.

what about 5 DE kills in a row on Christmas?

Offline White^lynx

• meoow
  • Since: 09/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 06:23:18 PM »
Got some good demos.
1st one is some good sr8 shots (some)
2nd i got some good nade kills and de kills :)

[attachment no longer available]

Look how people treat their inferiors, not their superiors.