News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: (.Y.)McGee's Fall Training Schedule  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Tits_McGee

• DON'T PANIC!
  • Since: 08/10/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
(.Y.)McGee's Fall Training Schedule
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:57:11 PM »
I feel as though my skills have plateaued as of late and I decided I need more structured practice. Starting today I am implementing my new fall workout schedule. Feel free to follow along and post you results here as well. Here are the rules:

You can strive to meet the training conditions for a whole day or one match, but best results if you train for at least 2 hours each day.

• Secondary Sundays: Only use secondary weapons.
  • Medkit Mondays: Focus on being a great medic. How many people can you save?
  • Tactical Tuesdays: Focus on learning maps, hiding spots, and teamwork.
  • Pistol Whipped Wednesdays: Pistols only.
  • Thursday Thunder: Grenades and grenade launcher practice. Try using grenade launcher on maps other than bottle.
  • FFA Friday: FFA Server practice
  • Saturday Snipers: Any scoped weapon.

Follow these simple instructions and I guarantee in two months you could be a BEEFCAKE.

Offline Panda[1up]

• HR Management
  • *[1up] HRM
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Clan Social Responsibility
  • Since: 11/10/2009
Re: (.Y.)McGee's Fall Training Schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:30:23 PM »
it'd be an awesome list if you didn't have FFA Fridays

(04:26:27) Severon: real funny bro alright lets go, u and me 1v1
(04:26:37) Severon ip/pw
(04:27:07) Severon: ip is go f urself, pw is i'll talk to u later cuz im bout to pass out
(04:27:30) Severon just joined... didn't see anyone. talk about a cop - out. cool story

Offline Jkizzle

• Jkizzle
  • Since: 22/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 10:41:08 PM »
FFA really helps you though, not being able to know whats gonna pop up behind you, keeps you on your toes.
great schedule btw im gonna try it :P

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 17/12/2009
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 11:49:37 PM »
I might join you on this tough training schedule.  I also reccommend, playing weapon roulette in super ts.  It's intense.  You run around scrolling through your weapons, when you run into an enemy player stop scrolling and use whatever it is to kill them.  Once they are dead, start scrolling through your weapons, until you meet another enemy.  If you die, then you fail.   :)

Offline Zangetsu

• With me, all things end.
  • Since: 29/08/2010
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 03:38:42 AM »
:O I'll have to try that Bourbon. Cept nades... I HATE NADES.

@ the training... I could go for a few of them but I don't think I'd stick to any of it. I would rather use the weapons I'm already good at and get EVEN BETTER MWHAHAHAHAHA. Anyways, great advice for some people but it's just not for me. I do love the Pistol only and Sniper only idea's though.... if you don't count g36 as a sniper that is.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:40:58 AM by Baby »
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Offline rondonboy

• Just you're typical Australian
  • Since: 25/09/2009
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 04:42:56 AM »
Nice work McGee, i think this is a great schedule, i might try it one time.

Offline Panda[1up]

• HR Management
  • *[1up] HRM
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 03:51:13 PM »
if only we had a pistol spas server..

(04:27:07) Severon: ip is go f urself, pw is i'll talk to u later cuz im bout to pass out
(04:27:30) Severon just joined... didn't see anyone. talk about a cop - out. cool story

Offline FedoraMike

• Since: 27/04/2009
    • My Webpage/Portfolio - Under Construction
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
Secondary weapons and pistols only are techniques that a lot of players will use to practice.

Secondary weapons are inherently less accurate/powerful making it more difficult to use them than a primary auto.  By mastering their use you can improve your primary auto. 

Pistols help to keep players from spamming and to learn a better firing pattern.  Some of the best advice I've been given by dragoonslayer is to fire your auto like you were firing a beretta.  When I do that I hit much better, just have to concentrate to do it under the pressure of a match :)

Being a good medic and using good tactics are always important, but they are things you can be working on in any game you play (especially if your normal load-out includes being a medic).  Having a specific day for each isn't a bad thing though.

Only thing I would disagree with are Thursdays.  The grenade launcher really has no place in competitive UrT, unless two teams are extremely unmatched and one is just screwing around.  However, HE Grenades are a good skill to have and they can be very valuable in stopping an overpowering rush or taking out camping enemies.  Possibly practice with HE grenades but using a normal primary could be more effective.

Offline Zangetsu

• With me, all things end.
  • Since: 29/08/2010
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 09:45:49 PM »
I disagree about the H&K launcher. It can be VERY useful for nade spamming an area where they constantly rush/flank or if they are just chasing you. Launch one under you and keep running, will either slow them down or, if your lucky, kill them.

And honestly I think secondary's are actually better than primary. The MP5 spams so much close range that it's pretty much a kill. The UMP seems to have little to no bullet spread, and the spam setting is deadly at long range. The Spaz is pretty conditional but still very useful for 2-3 shot kills in close range or even just for hit and runs. Get close enough to hit their torso/legs and make time to run away to med/reload/regroup.
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Offline Bizzy

• Live. love. Laugh.
  • Since: 02/10/2009
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 11:52:25 PM »
I Agree with FedoraMike.
Mostly youre gonna need HE Grenades to clear an area, while HK just uses up your primary.
Pretty much your shooting in bursts if you want maximum hits, and DE Practice is a really good skill improver.

JJ!<3

Offline Jkizzle

• Jkizzle
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 04:10:45 PM »
I disagree about the H&K launcher. It can be VERY useful for nade spamming an area where they constantly rush/flank or if they are just chasing you. Launch one under you and keep running, will either slow them down or, if your lucky, kill them.

And honestly I think secondary's are actually better than primary. The MP5 spams so much close range that it's pretty much a kill. The UMP seems to have little to no bullet spread, and the spam setting is deadly at long range. The Spaz is pretty conditional but still very useful for 2-3 shot kills in close range or even just for hit and runs. Get close enough to hit their torso/legs and make time to run away to med/reload/regroup.

I agree with baby about the HKlauncher or whatever its called, and with that you could always use your secondary. Training with these weapons is also very good for evasive tactics and bullet dodging.
I usually use secondaries anyway all the time unless i really want to win or its a serious match, for the reason that it does make it much easier with a primary

Offline Jkizzle

• Jkizzle
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »
I Agree with FedoraMike.
Mostly youre gonna need HE Grenades to clear an area, while HK just uses up your primary.
Pretty much your shooting in bursts if you want maximum hits, and DE Practice is a really good skill improver.
De can help you if you need better accuracy, but berettas are so much better for that because you need to be able to click quickly and hold your aim

Offline Panda[1up]

• HR Management
  • *[1up] HRM
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
Reviving old topic just because i want to do this, with my own schedule, mainly because i'm bored of playing same thing over and over.

Sundays: Strategy/camping/flanking
Mondays: All assault in various modes (semi/burst/auto)
Tuesdays: Sniper/G36.
Wednesday: Pistols and Nades.
Thursday: Med Day (Any weapons go, but have to have a medpack and medding = priority)
Friday: Solo Weapon, only use one weapon at all times each friday will be a different weapon
Saturday: Casual Saturday, whatever loadout.

All days will include jump server, because i love jumping.