News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: What kind of jobs do you do?  (Read 3614 times)

Offline rondonboy

• Just you're typical Australian
  • Since: 25/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
What kind of jobs do you do?
« on: May 22, 2010, 07:50:45 AM »
I was just wondering if you guys have jobs and what they are. Like it would be interesting to see what people do with their life apart from urban terror.
haha
( i dont have a job anyway )

Offline bearcat

• jewgasm
  • Since: 02/01/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Re: What kind of jobs do you do?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 08:41:48 AM »
I'm a lifeguard :P

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:44:56 AM »
Im a beginning sales rep for Cutco knives we specialize in Kitchen ware for the home that basically doesent plug in

We sell knives made of Surgical Stainless Steel and we make our grips with Thermo resin handles which are made of the same material used in football helmets and other items, The best thing about them is when their wet they get stickier instead of slipping and they also have a design that allows them to be completely sanitary and dishwasher safe.

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline Casper

• Can't shoot what you cant see :D
  • Since: 23/04/2010
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 10:16:28 AM »
We sell knives made of Surgical Stainless Steel and we make our grips with Thermo resin handles which are made of the same material used in football helmets and other items, The best thing about them is when their wet they get stickier instead of slipping and they also have a design that allows them to be completely sanitary and dishwasher safe.

Lol you sound like your trying to sell him one :D
Im just a high school student, but im going to a 3d animation school after high school, preferably think tank training centre, then im going to try and get a job with ea :D

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 12:01:41 PM »
my company makes weapons of mass destruction  :yawn:
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline kamikaze

• Since: 08/02/2010
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »
I'm in high school right now also, I am a lab assistant 2 days out of the week (weekend). I get paid a set amount no matter how many hours I work as long as I get the job set for me that day. So If I work fast I could get paid for 8 hours even though I worked 1 hour.

I'm also a mechanic and I work on my friends vehicles or my dads friends vehicles with him. I get a good bunch of cash from that and I get to drive everything from a ****ty Honda to a fire truck.
Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are

And if you want to live high, live high
And if you want to live low, live low
'cause there's a million ways to go
You know that there are

Offline Casper

• Can't shoot what you cant see :D
  • Since: 23/04/2010
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »
my company makes weapons of mass destruction  :yawn:

:D

SnKCoffeeBlacks

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »

Offline kamikaze

• Since: 08/02/2010
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 01:39:50 PM »
I wouldn't mind doing that job Coffee haha. I'd like to get into construction but I don't know anybody or anything like that so I will stick with auto-mechanic.
Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are

And if you want to live high, live high
And if you want to live low, live low
'cause there's a million ways to go
You know that there are

SnKCoffeeBlacks

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 02:19:50 PM »
You could do what some people do and drive around to job sites and inquire. We've picked up several people doing that since construction type jobs don't usually advertise. Hand out your phone number a lot to them. Chances are someone's going to call you back in the near future.

With concrete, find your local ready pour company, and follow the concrete trucks to jobs, wait til they're done pouring, then find the boss man.  :D

Offline Picard[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • The Captain
  • Since: 15/05/2009
    • The Beer Garden
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 02:27:07 PM »
I work in an IT Department, my official title is Network Administrator, but really I just fix computers; setup workstations, servers, restart the exchange server when it decides to die, curse at rim when the BES server is being annoying, control all the company cell phones when needed, switch all of our network switches and such from dell/linksys to juniper, get angry at oracle, you know stuff I need to get paid to do ;)
Microsoft wants us to "Imagine life without walls"...
I say, "If there are no walls, who needs Windows?"

SNK_MFER

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »
I typically do IT work. Right now I'm unemployed so thank you to everyone who's paying my current salary.

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
Right now I'm unemployed so thank you to everyone who's paying my current salary.

>:(  I work hard for my money.  Stop taking it.

Anyway, I'm a Contractor.  I do anything construction and remodeling related.  This includes concrete, framing, electrical, drywall, trim, tile, windows/doors, siding, and much more.  Lately I've been working for a friend of mine who is also a Contractor, but I still do my own jobs.

I also do a bit of landscaping here and there.  I have one commercial mowing account, and I still do a bit of mulch and other landscaping, but not nearly as much as I used to.

In the winter, I run a snow removal company for someone I know.  We do pedestrian walkways and staircases at 8 large warehouses in an industrial park.  I can't remember the exact square footage, but I know that its in the millions.  I also do receiving and delivery of icemelt, equipment maintenance, hiring, firing, etc.  SnKQuake is my number two man.  SnKTank and SnKCoffee also work with me.

I've been working since I was 9, so even though I'm only 21, I've already worked in or owned multiple different businesses in different categories.  I've been a Computer Technician, a Barista at two separate coffee shops, and a sign maker.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

SNK_MFER

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 07:08:20 PM »
I'm a concrete man currently

http://www.scottmorganconcrete.com/photo.php

Not my best work, but I made that site. Plus I've made a couple better looking ones.

I really got to get around to redoing that site.

Right now I'm unemployed so thank you to everyone who's paying my current salary.

>:(  I work hard for my money.  Stop taking it.

I work hard for your money too! Today, I had to mow the lawn. And I made dinner myself instead of going out.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:10:11 PM by SNKMFER[1up] »

Offline FedoraMike

• Since: 27/04/2009
    • My Webpage/Portfolio - Under Construction
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 07:21:46 PM »
Let's see...

In High School I had a part time job after school as a Mailroom Clerk, opening, sorting, delivering incoming mail and taking care of outgoing mail and packages for a Third Party Health Insurance Administrator (http://www.bcitpa.com/main.cfm)

I just got my B.S. in Computer Engineering (Graduation Today) and will hopefully find a job soon.  I plan to eventually go to Grad School for my PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering hopefully in Control Systems or Signal Processing I think :D

During College I was a Teaching/Lab Assistant for multiple Physics and Engineering Courses, a College Tutor in pretty much any Math, Engineering or Computer Science Course, and did some other work for the department.  I also interned there working on an Electronic Hand Assessment Tool (E-HAT) this past summer which is currently going through clinical testing and updates now.  We hope to copyright (and possibly patent) this software in the future

I also Interned at Broadcom Corp. (http://www.broadcom.com/) in the Blu-Ray Audio Engineering Department in Lancaster PA (summer 2008)  Helped find and fix bugs in the Broadcom Blu-Ray player chip used in many Samsung and LG Blu-Ray players.  I always like to say I am proud to have written and checked in a function (among other changes) that was included via update on millions of Blu-Ray players world wide :)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:23:54 PM by FedoraMike »