News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Once a week practice vs 6th|  (Read 4250 times)

Offline dirf!nikki

• Since: 09/11/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Once a week practice vs 6th|
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:40:28 PM »
First off, sniper my apologies for going AFK in the middle of the discussion but we got a PCW and I got sidetracked.

Second off, hi I'm Nikki.  Some of you know me, some of you don't.  I have been playing with the folks at 6th Floor since they have resurrected their clan.  6th has a couple competition players but a lot of our players are public players trying to transition into competition.  With doing that, they need to learn different strats for different maps.  I was wondering if 1up would be interested in helping 6th once a week for a "practice night".  It would just consist of playing some 5v5 games, no loudmouths, no trash talking.  We just need to get some practice in.

Let me know if you're interested.  Thanks.

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 19/05/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Once a week practice vs 6th|
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:47:26 PM »
First off, sniper my apologies for going AFK in the middle of the discussion but we got a PCW and I got sidetracked.

Second off, hi I'm Nikki.  Some of you know me, some of you don't.  I have been playing with the folks at 6th Floor since they have resurrected their clan.  6th has a couple competition players but a lot of our players are public players trying to transition into competition.  With doing that, they need to learn different strats for different maps.  I was wondering if 1up would be interested in helping 6th once a week for a "practice night".  It would just consist of playing some 5v5 games, no loudmouths, no trash talking.  We just need to get some practice in.

It's clear that you have never been to any of our practices, but that's a not big deal. Whenever we play for practice it's usually everyone just screwing around, and it's never serious. So, we can try to be serious, but to be frank, we never are "in it to win it" kinds of mindsets.

Thanks for showing interest. I'd be interested in playing versus you guys, if you guys just need to practice.

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:51:38 PM »

It's clear that you have never been to any of our practices, but that's a not big deal. Whenever we play for practice it's usually everyone just screwing around, and it's never serious. So, we can try to be serious, but to be frank, we never are "in it to win it" kinds of mindsets.

Thanks for showing interest. I'd be interested in playing versus you guys, if you guys just need to practice.

I think that Fragtag and YoMomma (ex-1ups) are in 6thFloor now, so they probably can tell you how our practices are done.

Offline dirf!nikki

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 12:46:41 AM »
I actually have participated in one of your practices.  And we're not looking for a highly competitive practice venue - what we're looking for is something to ease our own players into playing more like a team.  1up would be good for us because I know there's a lot of North Americans and we're predominantly North American.  I really don't mind what play style you guys choose or if you choose to screw off during it, it's still an opposing team that we can set our newer players up against in an organized way and correct them along the way.  Plus it's a way for people to get together and play games.

Either way, let me know.  We'd appreciate the help.

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »
I actually have participated in one of your practices.  And we're not looking for a highly competitive practice venue - what we're looking for is something to ease our own players into playing more like a team.  1up would be good for us because I know there's a lot of North Americans and we're predominantly North American.  I really don't mind what play style you guys choose or if you choose to screw off during it, it's still an opposing team that we can set our newer players up against in an organized way and correct them along the way.  Plus it's a way for people to get together and play games.

Either way, let me know.  We'd appreciate the help.
I know that other, more "competitive" clans have frowned on us in the past because we're in a skill cap that people thought was higher. It's fine with me (as I said) to scrim/practice against us.

Offline sniper#420[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • roll it light it smoke it enjoy it
  • Since: 01/11/2009
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »
what about Mondays at 8pm est this is 1 hour before our practice and probably the best chance of us having 5 ppl on.

Offline dirf!nikki

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 10:53:02 AM »
That's generally when our practice is so that would work out beautifully.  Thanks and we'll see you then.

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »
Why not just come to our practices?
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline dirf!nikki

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
Because we're looking for 5v5 practices directing our own team.

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 10:37:21 PM »
Because we're looking for 5v5 practices directing our own team.

Anyone from 6th (except for Fragtag of course) is welcome to attend our regular practices for fun if they want.
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline dirf!nikki

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 12:20:34 PM »
It's Monday so I hope you guys will be around to help our members get into shape :)

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »
It's Monday so I hope you guys will be around to help our members get into shape :)

For sure!

Practice: 9PM EST/6PM PST

Offline dirf!nikki

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »
First practice was a success.  My apologies for showing up late but the cable guy delayed his appointment which put him leaving my house right after 5.  We appreciate the help in getting our players familiar with our strats and hope to see you guys again next week.  Thank you.

Offline sniper#420[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • roll it light it smoke it enjoy it
  • Since: 01/11/2009
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 03:29:46 PM »
the practice will go as follows  start @8 end @9 first 30 mins. will be to help 6th. Last 30 mins will be sr8 only to help us with our comp. matches

Offline dirf!nikki

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 04:19:50 PM »
Alright, sounds good.