News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Building a Gaming Rig  (Read 871 times)

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Building a Gaming Rig
« on: July 17, 2012, 04:32:15 PM »
So here is the deal...

On the side i build gaming rigs for various people. most of these people are in my local area/unit/friends/family. PC's only, no laptops.

Not all are gaming rigs though as i have also been known to also do Home entertainment rigs for people as well

I have experiance in overclocking and keeping cost as low as i can, while getting the most out of it. I scoure the interwebs searching for the best deals. I customize the PC to meet the users needs/wants.
Best of all i dont charge retarded prices like you would see on some gaming rig sites....no names....

Basically i am offering up this service to anyone interested.

Here is how it goes.....
You tell me the basics of what you want, like a certain GPU, CPU, RAM, HD, Liquid cooling etc...and/or give me a budget to work with so i dont try and build a $3000 computer when you can only afford $1000. (also, i perfer YOU choose a case, or if your not sure on them, i can send some suggestions given what you want hardware wise) Then you send me $20 to research and compile everything needed into an itemized list(the $20 will be subtracted from the build price if you actually decide to buy. this is only so i dont do all the work of finding everything and get nothing if you dont decide to actually buy) . If you decide to buy, we arrange the transfer of money for parts through Paypal, (for your security and fraud protection) and i compile all the parts. I then spend time **(customizing anything needed, like extending, shortening wires::Minor Extra cost if desired::)** to make it nicer looking, building and all that. In there you will have to decide on what copy of windows. If you want legit, all you have to do is send me the key, i can obtain the disc for free anyway.

Once everything is built and running, you will receive and email, or phone call if desired. In an email though will be pictures of everything. IF you approve of the build and request no changes it will then be weighed for shipping costs.

Once THATS done the final money will be needed. this includes...
Hands-on cost
Shipping

Shipping costs i can do nothing about. They set the price, not me.
Hands-on cost....this all depends on the amount of extra work done besides just peicing together. On average it should be about 1.5 hours cost, if that. Messing with wires takes a little time but not too bad. Hourly cost is $30. THAT is a steal....cheapest i have seen online/in person is roughly $75 an hour to build a custom rig.

I say the next things from experiance.....

i am NOT responsible for shipping damages....pay for insurance if your worried.
i am NOT responsible for a leaking cooling system after you open the case up and touch anything.
i AM responsible if you receive the computer and there is a problem with it and will do what i can to handle it accordingly. However i do test everything before its shipped out.

Also say you have a data limit through your ISP and dont want to have to download all your steam games again...i CAN use your account and download them for you. I do not have a limit cap on mine. paid extra for that since i run a couple game game servers out of my house.

Yes you do not know me....i got that. but thats why i use PayPal....there are things in place using that so i can not cheat you, and you can not cheat me.

I broke the payments up as a way to help people pay for the rig. However, if you desire a 1 time payment, to include shipping costs, let me know, i can figure out shipping costs given size and weights provided by manufacturers and once i know what you want, i can figure out build time as well since i have done it enough.

If interested PM me or reply to this thread. i do NOT generally offer services like this online with the exception of SGC which is a group i have been a member of for over 5 years. Like i said, generally i only do local.

****EDIT**** Computer advice, be it hardware or software is always free. If you need help installing or troubleshooting, i will see what i can do to help you.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:31:34 AM by finesthops »

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.