News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Mac OSX Core Affinity?  (Read 1276 times)

Offline TurbanError

• Since: 12/11/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Mac OSX Core Affinity?
« on: July 13, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »
I gotz a question for all you mac users.  Previously I have been using bootcamp and gaming on the windows side of things (as a crutch).  I no longer am doing that and I am noticing my fps is inconsistent with the widows side.

One thing I recall doing was setting up urt so that the core (I am on a 2X quad core system) affinity was set to only use 1 core and I recall that gave me a nice consistent 125 fps.  Now I seem to shift dramatically between 125 and as low as 30, depending on map and number of nearby players. 

So... anyone have an idea on setting core affinity in osx?

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Mac OSX Core Affinity?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:14:52 PM »
I gotz a question for all you mac users.  Previously I have been using bootcamp and gaming on the windows side of things (as a crutch).  I no longer am doing that and I am noticing my fps is inconsistent with the widows side.

One thing I recall doing was setting up urt so that the core (I am on a 2X quad core system) affinity was set to only use 1 core and I recall that gave me a nice consistent 125 fps.  Now I seem to shift dramatically between 125 and as low as 30, depending on map and number of nearby players. 

So... anyone have an idea on setting core affinity in osx?
Depending on how much of your Hd you designate to make your windows function will determine the use of your computers resources. I made my Windows 7 take up most of my Tb and now it is the Os that loads first. You might have to go back and make a whole new partition reinstall windows and just put more memory on the windows side.

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline luckystrikes

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 05/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »
Last I remember you could not set affinity within osx 10.6 and bellow but I know nothing about more current versions. I want to say if you install the "chud" tools you can disable a core but that is sort of a crude fix.

Offline TurbanError

• Since: 12/11/2010
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »
Last I remember you could not set affinity within osx 10.6 and bellow but I know nothing about more current versions. I want to say if you install the "chud" tools you can disable a core but that is sort of a crude fix.

I have yet to use "chud" tools, but that might be an option if I can run some kind of script... I don't know, we will see.  Thankyou.