News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Recomendations for WTF Server  (Read 5094 times)

Offline TekNicTerror

• Since: 22/07/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Recomendations for WTF Server
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 04:55:42 AM »
When is this update expected to be live?
I am a new player to the server, I only really play on modded servers now, and I like your WTF mod on it mostly.

Things I would like to see changed (some are repeats from above, just to show they are meaningful changes needed)-
1 - the slots you get when you get so many kills, I'd rather see them gone; if you want people gambling in game, I would rather have a !rtd/roll the dice on; especially with messages to let people know what mobs are gunna come and any rewards for the players
2 - this one's going to be a two parter, either part would be good, doing both would even be better
a - starting levels for the perks should be at the first level the perk gets a weapon; since it can be hard to find a weapon spawn when you get 90 mobs for starting solo as is
b - why not add in difficulty voting in with the map voting? I know it says hard on the setting in game as is, but it seems more like hell on earth with 90 mobs coming at you one wave 1 with just 1 player, and not starting with a good/perk weapon
3 -  the wizard weapons need more damage buffing definitely, and the fire spell one itself needs a faster "reload or rate of fire" since it looked like it should be the first wiz weapon to get but is the slowest one to use despite how weak it is

And just a question on 2 weapons for a perk, the virus launcher and game launcher for mad scientist; don't they seem to be the same weapon? (besides the fact the gas nade will go further than the virus one and color of the effect?)

Haven't tried all the perks yet, so make come back and edit this to add in more.

Offline -MGS-Sniper

• *Friend of 1up
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • Since: 09/02/2013
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 10:46:26 AM »
Just an update , this is a complete rewrite and will be renamed accordingly.

Considering this will no longer be a fixed wtf mod and will be custom to 1up servers ONLY

How can this be achieved? easy I strip the source code so it cannot be decompiled by any other code thieves meaning that the majority or server admins will not be able to steal and use this mod on their servers.

Whats new?

Loads of things , too many to list infact loads of changes , balances and extras.

naturally there will be existing weapons used on other servers but will work along custom weapons I have put into KF.

The mod will be released soon as remember I am only 1 person writing a whole new mod lol

Cheers and Sniper out

Offline TekNicTerror

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »
Someone is exploiting the fact people can switch perks during waves for speed gain, please fix it so people can't do that.

Offline DoLT*[1up]

• Regulating since 1985
  • *[1up] KF Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Since: 15/07/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 03:40:31 AM »
We wanted the option to switch during the wave.

-grannies are pernonin noobs

Offline TekNicTerror

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 04:35:07 AM »

Well it is quite unfair to those without a high level perk to also gain speed. These people can also get low levels killed intentionally or unintentionally.
If you want to have speed, you should have to play a speedy perk you have from the start of the wave/game and not switch in battle just cause you see a horde coming your way.
Just a normal player's two cents that there are some game rules that shouldn't be broken and that perk switching mid-wave is one of them.

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 09:07:47 AM »

Well it is quite unfair to those without a high level perk to also gain speed. These people can also get low levels killed intentionally or unintentionally.
If you want to have speed, you should have to play a speedy perk you have from the start of the wave/game and not switch in battle just cause you see a horde coming your way.
Just a normal player's two cents that there are some game rules that shouldn't be broken and that perk switching mid-wave is one of them.

i tend to agree with this one. i have seen it first hand and it gets retarded. maybe limit it to once per wave? or limit it to within the first minute or something.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline -MGS-Sniper

• *Friend of 1up
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • Since: 09/02/2013
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »
This is again something can be done via webadmin under the serverperks section