News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Zombie Bomb Escape  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Zombie Bomb Escape
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:50:03 AM »
I have been thinking over what could be a very fun game mode. The premise of this is to give the humans the bomb, and stronger and varied weapons, but give the zombies the advantage of defense and ambushes. There is also a horror aspect of it, having to go through hordes of zombies that are fast and strong, while staying together.

This mode also calls for map creators to make some potentially awesome maps, such as these custom CS:Source zombie escape maps. Their premise is to escape using jumps to the end while surviving and may be a little different but the goal still remains similar. Make it to the end, plant the bomb, defend against the hordes, and win! CS:Source allows for a bit more customization I guess, as it has a powerful engine, but we can still do it!

So of course human weapons are going to be different and I wanted it to be something much different and dynamic than any zombie mode out there.

Difference in weapons is that you can only choose one primary, the other weapons are auto given.

Humans:
Rifles: AK-47-Low knockback
30 bullets
8 damage per shot to body
12 damage to head
3 to legs

or

Sr-8
5 bullets(cannot cycle)
40 damage to body+high knockback
60 to head
25 to legs

or

Shotgun
2 bullets
70 damage+Medium Knockback

Grenade
60 damage default

Deagle
7 shots
15 damage

Humans have a medkit, energy that depletes at normal pace, but the weapons sure are powerful huh? XD\

Zombies have scrollable knife, doing same amount as zombie bomb
-Medpack
-Weapons do not do much bleed damage
-Infinite energy

The reason for infinite energy is to make the zombies that much more scary and fast compared to slow humans with powerful guns. Infinite energy for zombies but limited for humans also allows zombies to set up ambushes where the bomb site is relatively nuetral. Working as a team is more essential than ever to stay alive!

Bomb timer can be anything from 30-45 seconds, defuse time variable after testing as well.

Constructive critiques PLEASE!

CS SOURCE zombie escape

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:56:32 AM by Wargasm »

Offline EnJoy[1up]

• *[1up] UrT Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Urt Admin
  • Since: 24/11/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1upclan
Re: Zombie Bomb Escape
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:01:50 AM »
Good idea but way to powerfull 30 x 8 = 240 enough to kill atleast 2 zombies for someone aiming... id say like 2-3 for thorse. 1 for legs or same 2-3 6 for head. with 20 bullets this is my thought on the AK

Offline Steez

• 1up zombie TS... It's dead
  • Since: 19/03/2011
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
Yes i highly agree with you wargasm! I too used to play counter strike source, and i also started a topic that is practically the same thing that your asking attached with a video clip of css zombie escape map

Offline TurbanError

• Since: 12/11/2010
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »
How about another crazy idea (not sure how it would be implemented).  Respawning zombies.  I am down with autokill nades and high powered weapons, as long as there isn't recharging ammo and hordes of respawning zombies.

Offline Wargasm

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »
How about another crazy idea (not sure how it would be implemented).  Respawning zombies.  I am down with autokill nades and high powered weapons, as long as there isn't recharging ammo and hordes of respawning zombies.

The only thing about that is it seems like it would be really hard to make humans not respawn and zombies have infinite lives...hermm

The reason the weapons are so powerful is because the humans must advance forward, they can't just camp until they have successfully set up the bomb. There is also no bleeding and zombies have medpacks= Almost instant heals. If you fight a zombie, you best make sure you finish it!

Offline GRG

• Since: 09/11/2010
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 07:57:26 PM »
you could give the zombies infinite lives but they have to kill all the humans in under X time or the humans win. Or you could make the zombies have 2 or 3 lives. Either way would make it seem much more like a hord rather then a few

Offline Valkiry[1up]

• The man that can't be moved...
  • *[1up] Member
  • S.S.D.D.
  • Since: 20/12/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Valkiry's own streamchannel!
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:23:17 AM »
I will try to make some zombieescape maps for urban terror, now we need people that are willing to make that a mod for Urban Terror :P
 I think its a great idea

Offline Wargasm

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 05:20:09 PM »
Glad to see some interest. I think this is a lot more innovative than the other zombie games   :P