News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: How'd you find 1up?  (Read 4757 times)

Offline EroS

• Mozzarella
  • Only the good ones die young
  • Since: 05/09/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: How'd you find 1up?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »
I heard a lot of good things about the clan and i have seen the amount of fun servers that 1up had too offer. I immediately became interested in the clan. I used to play voxel pistol and spaz all the time... Then i found Z9 and 1up zombie ts servers and fell in love. I eventually got kind of bored with zombies so i moved toward 1up fun tdm and found a new home, and that is where i am today. After a while i decided to check out the 1up site, and found that i immediately liked the site and that leads me to where i am today :)
There is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow.

- Barrack Obama

Offline Ikaros

• Valar morghulis
  • Since: 13/11/2011
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 04:33:53 PM »
I Guess the first time i found 1up was......

A long while ago I was on (Z9) Zombie Server [Just recently discovered zombies] But i didn't like the lag but i was told there wasnt another zombie server. BUT i searched anywayz and found 1up Zombie TS. Then i added it to meh favorites and that server has been one of the daily servers i go to whenever im on UrT. Soon i went to their other 1up servers and Loved them! Now I'm hoping to join em  :D

Lancers09

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
I Guess the first time i found 1up was......

A long while ago I was on (Z9) Zombie Server [Just recently discovered zombies] But i didn't like the lag but i was told there wasnt another zombie server. BUT i searched anywayz and found 1up Zombie TS. Then i added it to meh favorites and that server has been one of the daily servers i go to whenever im on UrT. Soon i went to their other 1up servers and Loved them! Now I'm hoping to join em  :D

somewhat similar story.

I started playing urban terror about.....december 2007. left for about a year. then came back to the c9 server i played on.
I was one of the origional zSl   members with minty.
then i left for about 2 months and i find out that c9 took them under their arms and dedicated that server to them. i just hung out with my origional group for about a year. and then I left them on less than friendly terms. I was angry, I was pissed, I was not happy and found my time with their clan was a waste of time. so i went on the urban terror site and saw that 1up was one of the popular clan with alot of servers.

so i went and hung out with ruusan on our zombie server. AWESOME!
then i met a guy named powermad9!!!!

he talked me into getting onto the ventrilo server, where i met perdition[1up],Douy[1up], and ronaldlee[1up].
They understood where i came from and my position as well as the dedication i have. basically i got talked into applying and here i am.
although there have been a few bumps in the road, I do not regret this fun trip I am having.

through the good and bad these people have been there for me and have made me an awesome person.
I love 1up and what we represent!

Offline EroS

• Mozzarella
  • Only the good ones die young
  • Since: 05/09/2011
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 07:06:05 PM »
Blaze I played with minty a lot in voxel pistol and spaz if u know it and personally i didnt think that he was that good and then he went inactive and i guess went to zS then C9 but personally i dont like the guy. He was so immature and complained way more then his fair share... Just meh opinion.
There is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow.

- Barrack Obama

Lancers09

How'd you find 1up?
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »
He was nice once upon a time.  don't ruin this thread please. :) let us wait for others to post their introductions to 1up clan

Sent from my iPod touch using tapatalk
(why do we write these?)

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 17/12/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 09:57:42 PM »
Twas the night before another night, when all through Tank's apartment
Creatures were stirring, prbly a mouse.
The computers were lined against the wall with care,
In hopes that the lan party soon would be there.

The SnK's were all at their jobs,
While visions of shooting people popped in their heads.
And Tank in his week olds clothes and Google in his,
Had just settled into their chairs for the long night ahead.

When out in the driveway the rest arrived,
With our Monsters and redbulls and beer like high life.
Away to the desk we flew like a flash,
Turned on the screen and the games began

Googleit said "let's play urban terror" it is quite addictive
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
1up clan fun server oh how wonderful and dear

...except getting destroyed by thejuggernaut and shans

anyways....Thanks Tank, Google, Coffee, and Quake.   ;)   

and I give up on the night before Christmas  whatever!

Lancers09

How'd you find 1up?
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 01:32:23 AM »
Such a cool story ;)

You had the poet thing working!

My sig is a little piece of work I did ;)

(why do we write these?)

Offline White^lynx

• meoow
  • Since: 09/09/2009
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 01:37:24 AM »
I found 1up just looking for servers to play on one night. They were one of the first servers i ever got on to play. I played on the servers for a very long while and never before thought of joining the clan because at that point i never saw the point of being one. I got persuaded eventually by some originals and never regretted it since. Been with the clan more than a year now even though I have not been nearly as active as I once was.  :) I have respect for everyone in this clan and hope they are here to stay.

Look how people treat their inferiors, not their superiors.

Offline Valkiry[1up]

• The man that can't be moved...
  • *[1up] Member
  • S.S.D.D.
  • Since: 20/12/2009
    • Valkiry's own streamchannel!
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »
I found 1up by my 1st clan, we had plans to merg together with 1up, but it never happend :p

Offline p$yKo

• Since: 24/03/2011
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 06:48:59 PM »
I started playing urban terror a couple years ago in August. MC Sniper (cousin) suggested this game, so I watched over him. He was playing on regular TDM and TS servers. However, one day he came and said that he had discovered a server with unlimited stamina and no "lemming thing". It immediately drew my attention and the server was 1up Zombie TS and Bomb :)

Offline Zangetsu

• With me, all things end.
  • Since: 29/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 10:59:57 PM »
Oh boy, story time!

Around 2007ish my brother was searching all over the internet for FPS games to play. Any he found and liked I would try out and see if I liked them (most notably Crossfire and Combat Arms). After we got pretty good at those he stumbled across Urban Terror. He showed it to me and I started playing. In the beginning I remember only playing an Eagle 24/7 server, getting pretty decent at the game. Eventually my video card crashed and I couldn't frag anymore so I went looking for something to do that didn't require having high fps. I found the jump servers and Icy Jumping fit that bill. I spent about 4 months doing nothing but playing wTf's jump servers and got pretty good at jumping with my crappy pc. Eventually christmas came and I was able to fix my pc. First thing I did was check out TS servers and found the Paladin's. I applied there and got accepted. I stayed a Paladin for close to a year and a half, maybe longer. Then I saw quite a few of my friends from the TS server get banned for no reason. I asked on the forums and was told they were "hacking" and got banned. I requested the proof of them hacking and got really bad demos that showed no hacks at all. So I left. I wondered around various TS servers for awhile until I found Super TS. In the early days I spent HOURS (sometimes up to 8 and 9 hours in a row for days at a time) there playing with Flexan and Perd (before he got in) and quite a few others (Pyrite and Ron, Tesla a few times, Powermad and many more 1up's). Eventually one of them said I should apply. So I did. Got accepted as soon as my vote ended and I haven't looked back.

And that's my story. A year later I'm still here and don't plan on leaving any time soon, if ever.
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Lancers09

How'd you find 1up?
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 12:09:54 AM »
I am banned from paladins.....

And I am the worst 1up member when it comes to in game skill.
LOL!

(why do we write these?)

Offline Perdition[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • Choose the spas!
  • Since: 21/11/2010
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 01:09:30 AM »
mhm good times zang. i wish i could play a fraction of that amount of time nowadays :-\
My Steam name is Quix0tic[1up]. Let's play CS:S!

The Spas is the best weapon in the game. Hands down. No question.

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2011, 11:34:24 AM »
I found 1up by starting the game...  The 1up servers seem to have better pings for my location, so I play there often.

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline EnJoy[1up]

• *[1up] UrT Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Urt Admin
  • Since: 24/11/2010
    • 1upclan
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2011, 01:08:08 PM »
I might as well to tell my tale upon how I found 1up.

Well I started playing Urban Terror around Late 2009. I shared computers with my friend Johnny. And his friend Ben / Equalizer[ex-1up] had shown us the game. Before we played UrT we mainly played XBox and other things. Ok so anyway around late 2010 I had been off and on while playing UrT every week or so I'd Play a couple times always on 1up TDM or BN CTF. I used to rape at CTF so that is why I'd play there. 1up TDM was so fun but I'd rage soooooooooo Hard. Like what you hear me do today like / x10. It was bad I knew it I just was really immature back then. I still am a little immature but totally not as bad as I used to be. Me and Flexan were the raging Kings. Ok so I'd play on TDM with Equalizer and I had gotten to known some of the people in the clan. I had never been on Vent back then. In fact I didn't get on vent till like the last chance I could before my vote got rejected. I lucked out. I had to run to walmart and get a mic. So I made it into 1up after my pending status. And I left under a very stupid reason and I wish i had never done that. I love this clan very very much. And I hate the fact that I can't be at practices as much right now because of holidays and wrestling.

Thanks For Reading.