News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Drugs?  (Read 4691 times)

|.:PwNeR:.|

Drugs?
« on: October 18, 2010, 05:24:35 PM »
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if there is any possibility that we can not talk about drugs? My dad is a police officer and I'm going through College and the  Police Academy to follow in his footsteps.

And the talks about using drugs and how much drugs cost and all, really disturbed me...

If drugs are a major part of who the 1up players are, I regretfully request that my 1up application be cancelled.

Have a Grand Day,

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Drugs?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »
1up does not promote the use of any controlled substance.  I have been trying for a while now to stave off the blatant drug references here (pictures, posts, etc).  Do what you feel is best, but know that some of our members use certain drugs, and will occasionally talk about their experiences in Mumble.  It's just a part of life, and its not just here.  Its everywhere.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline White^lynx

• meoow
  • Since: 09/09/2009
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
i sorta agree with this. except the leavin 1up part. I do my best to try and stay out of these conversations though. i say though i think we should be more courteous to the other people on.

But do know drugs arent a major part here at 1up. The topic may come up occasionally, but it does not come up alot.

Look how people treat their inferiors, not their superiors.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »
Thank you guys,

I guess you are right about drugs being part of life.
I will stay out of all conversations concerning drugs and other illegal talks.
I just wanted to know that drugs weren't a major part of 1up.

I feel better knowing that not everyone involved with 1up uses drugs, so
please do not cancel my 1up application, I would love to still be part of 1up, after all 1up is an awesome clan! XD

Have A Grand Day

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »
I'll take responsibility. Let me point out a couple of things:

1. I'm not actually a member.
2. I didn't know I was in the presence of anyone but those who I know to not care.
3. I whole-heartedly apologize.
4. I do not do drugs.
5. I agree that it wasn't appropriate conversation.
6. I also agree with maddog.  Welcome to the real world. 
7. I whole-heartedly apologize if we offended you.
8. as you'll find, some of the members proudly display their drug-stuff.  If you have a problem with it, I suggest finding a G-rated clan.
9. ALso, I'll point out, I don't speak for the 1up clan.  Do what you want.
10. Nice avatar.  He doesn't disturb you?

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if there is any possibility that we can not talk about drugs? My dad is a police officer and I'm going through College and the  Police Academy to follow in his footsteps.

And the talks about using drugs and how much drugs cost and all, really disturbed me...

If drugs are a major part of who the 1up players are, I regretfully request that my 1up application be cancelled.

Have a Grand Day,

I'm glad you have applied for 1up, we need more diversity. I'm also glad you want to follow in your father's footsteps, the world needs more cops. A few things to keep in mind:

- There are already a few members of 1up in law enforcement.
- 1up members span the globe, and different countries have different laws about drugs (yes we have members from Holland).
- Some 1up members use and are approved to use certain drugs for medicinal purposes.
- We generally promote free speech, since we are primarily an American (that means USA for all you icelanders) clan.
- Our leaders try to set good examples for our youngsters, as such, most of them have little kids themselves.

Just a few thoughts. Cya around.
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline sw00n

• *Friend of 1up
  • Even a broken watch is right twice a day.
  • Since: 01/05/2010
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »
sry man...
i removed my sig..   respect for you  ;)

Offline sniper#420[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • roll it light it smoke it enjoy it
  • Since: 01/11/2009
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »
sry for that  ;)

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 07:08:42 PM »
*face-palm* oh sniper....

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 07:17:50 PM »
Hi guys,

Have a Grand Day,

I'm glad you have applied for 1up, we need more diversity. I'm also glad you want to follow in your father's footsteps, the world needs more cops. A few things to keep in mind:

- There are already a few members of 1up in law enforcement.
- 1up members span the globe, and different countries have different laws about drugs (yes we have members from Holland).
- Some 1up members use and are approved to use certain drugs for medicinal purposes.
- We generally promote free speech, since we are primarily an American (that means USA for all you icelanders) clan.
- Our leaders try to set good examples for our youngsters, as such, most of them have little kids themselves.

Just a few thoughts. Cya around.

Thanks, I feel bad for bringing it up now.
My dad was just talking about how he had to deal with someone that overdosed on drugs this morning, So thats why the whole conversation disturbed me a little bit.
I'm sorry for sounding a bit immature...

Have A Grand Day,

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 17/12/2009
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 07:19:46 PM »
Hi guys,

Have a Grand Day,

Dude, that is the dumbest thing to withdraw your application for. Everywhere you go in life, you will face people who talk about things that are illegal.  Stealing, downloading illegally, and what about people who speed?  All those things are illegal.  If I talk about speeding in mumble will you resign too!?  C'mon, don't remove yourself because of some people that do things illegal, rarely do I hear drug talks when I am on...and if you get in 1up you can always move yourself to the lounge until it's over.  Please don't leave cause of this.  Freedom of speech.  Thanks for speaking up and standing up for what you believe in, that is not immature at all!

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »
Don't mind bourbon, shes abrasive, but means well! Honestly though, in my opinion, if you're serious about being a cop, I would think drug conversations would be invaluable to you.  You should try to learn as much as you possibly can about the subject.  Even if it makes you uncomfortable, some of our members can teach you a lot about the way it works.  How its made, trafficked, cut, sold. .  All the little tricks people use to hide it, distribute it, and avoid detection from guys like your dad. 

Personally, I respect your endeavor and I wish there were more good cops out there fighting the good fight.  Its not a fight against drugs, its a war.  People are killed over it every day, namely, amphetamines.  They are the plague of our country.  Learn as much as you can about it, it could save your life.

Thats just my $0.02.

Offline Ratt2[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • Since: 04/07/2009
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »
 8) its all good bro and have left vent lots of times for bad company with the little ones out there :( but the truth is there alots of poeple that do this even the smartones make mistakes in there lifes yet my father came not for the saved but he did for the lost :) ur a light in the darkness and that a f1 from me GL and stick around dont give up hope thats worst then not bein' urself share that love with those that dont know better ;)

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 07:41:40 PM »
Hey Gemma

I never thought of it that way...

@Ratt2
Thanks Man

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 07:54:09 PM »
Got a question? Just shoot man! I don't know everything, but I consider myself pretty street-smart.