News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: What's the sickest you've ever been?  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Panda[1up]

• HR Management
  • *[1up] HRM
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Clan Social Responsibility
  • Since: 11/10/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
What's the sickest you've ever been?
« on: June 20, 2010, 05:05:15 PM »
So, i am bored and have been watching a few of those shows like... monsters inside me etc..
and thought it'd make an interesting topic + since i haven't been as active on game thought i'd try to stay active on the forums.. So post the sickest you've ever been.. Anyway i'll start.

About 4 years ago, literally out of no where i come down with some sort of virus/bug, it wasn't bad at first but by the 3rd day my temperature peaked at 104.2 and went slowly back down to normal over then next 5 days, it was pretty bad.. The weird thing is the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong lol (fail)

(04:26:27) Severon: real funny bro alright lets go, u and me 1v1
(04:26:37) Severon ip/pw
(04:27:07) Severon: ip is go f urself, pw is i'll talk to u later cuz im bout to pass out
(04:27:30) Severon just joined... didn't see anyone. talk about a cop - out. cool story

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    • Youtube's channel
Re: What's the sickest you've ever been?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:16:27 PM »
The weird thing is the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong lol (fail)

Doctors always fail.
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline Lurker

• Since: 26/05/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
The weird thing is the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong lol (fail)

Doctors always fail.
They're still practicing.

The worst I've ever been was a stomach flu. Threw up for the first time I can remember.

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 17/12/2009
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:50:04 PM »
hmmm....werid topic.  The sickest I've been in my life is when I had strep throat.  Threw-up constantly, couldn't keep any food or liquids down.  Then in the middle of the night my parents took me to the E.R.  The nurses pumped me with 3 bags of fluids.   

Offline Big Autrey[1up]

• Vigila Semper
  • *[1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • Evil prevails when good men do nothing
  • Since: 08/07/2009
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 12:02:03 AM »
Wow the sickest I have been is with a fiddle back spider bite. 3 months in the hospital 2 operations and I was ready to go again. Lots og throwing up with severe flu like synptoms and a lot of swelling around the bites. Makes a person prioritize their lives in a hurry.

Offline Sandra

• Since: 14/03/2010
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 07:13:04 AM »
Wow Autrey, I also spent around 3 months in the hospital for blood clot issues. One clot got started up then 7 more popped up. Genetic of course. When I almost had a heart attack then did surgery. They put a greenfield filter in my main artery that goes to my brain, heart and lungs because you could get a stroke, heart attack or stop breathing if one got in theres. I have a pretty big scar on my neck though from the surgery, often people asked me what happened. After I got out I still was stuck in a wheelchair. They had a nurse home with me for almost 2 months after. I will be on blood thinners and have to get my blood check once every week for the rest of my life. This happened when I was 21, very rare for someone that young and I definitely wont be having kids.
Learn from your parents' mistakes, use birth control!

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.

If I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails.

Offline Casper

• Can't shoot what you cant see :D
  • Since: 23/04/2010
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
Hmm i never really get sick. i get strep throat occasionally, but it never gets bad, just a bit of pain in my throat. However, ive had seizures my whole life and the doctors still dont know why, but we've narrowed it down to blood sugar issues. I dont have them like every year. i had like 3 through elementary school, 1 in 6th grade, 1 in seventh, and 1 late into last year. They suckkkk. lmao

Offline Big Autrey[1up]

• Vigila Semper
  • *[1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • Evil prevails when good men do nothing
  • Since: 08/07/2009
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 09:26:31 AM »
Wow Autrey, I also spent around 3 months in the hospital for blood clot issues. One clot got started up then 7 more popped up. Genetic of course. When I almost had a heart attack then did surgery. They put a greenfield filter in my main artery that goes to my brain, heart and lungs because you could get a stroke, heart attack or stop breathing if one got in theres. I have a pretty big scar on my neck though from the surgery, often people asked me what happened. After I got out I still was stuck in a wheelchair. They had a nurse home with me for almost 2 months after. I will be on blood thinners and have to get my blood check once every week for the rest of my life. This happened when I was 21, very rare for someone that young and I definitely wont be having kids.

Hey Sandra I will put you on my prayer list.

Offline Sandra

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 01:14:03 AM »
That's sweet Autrey, thanks.

Offline Picard[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • The Captain
  • Since: 15/05/2009
    • The Beer Garden
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 02:25:06 AM »
About 2 years ago I had a very bad bacterial infection in my gastrointestinal track that caused anything thing I ate or drank to pass right through me, my body absorbed little to no nutrients and I was deathly dehydrated. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks on antibacterial drugs and IVs for nutrition and hydration, as the bacterial infection wouldn't go away easily. The doctors thought it was most likely a resistant strain of bacteria (to antibacterial meds that is) that was causing all of this, but I did eventually get through it. I will say though it was the worst pain I have ever felt, I was so tired and it felt like I was just being tortured to death, I hope that sort of pain on no one.
Microsoft wants us to "Imagine life without walls"...
I say, "If there are no walls, who needs Windows?"

Offline Panda[1up]

• HR Management
  • *[1up] HRM
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Clan Social Responsibility
  • Since: 11/10/2009
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 11:30:58 PM »
Ah i remembered i had gotten pretty sick only a few months ago, see my parents never take me to the hospital because my father is a M.D. and my mother is a Respiratory Therapist, but anyway i was having pain in my lower back and then i had spasms and got chills and it sucked pretty bad then i got stomach cramps(i've gotten them before and they hurt like no other) and then as a precautionary thing i always have a bucket next to me when i am sick and lucky i did because i puked pretty much everything in my body into that bucket.. it was full lets say that.. anyway after that was when it peaked then it slowly declined, but  yeah.. Thats the only time i got sick this year..

(04:26:27) Severon: real funny bro alright lets go, u and me 1v1
(04:26:37) Severon ip/pw
(04:27:07) Severon: ip is go f urself, pw is i'll talk to u later cuz im bout to pass out
(04:27:30) Severon just joined... didn't see anyone. talk about a cop - out. cool story

Offline sniper#420[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • roll it light it smoke it enjoy it
  • Since: 01/11/2009
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »
in the summer of 2008 i was admitted in to the hospital with Blood Clots in my hart and lungs my wife and my mom
was tolled i probably would not make it throw the nite

Offline Sandra

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 04:48:35 PM »
in the summer of 2008 i was admitted in to the hospital with Blood Clots in my hart and lungs my wife and my mom
was tolled i probably would not make it throw the nite

Ahh same problems. What did they do about it?

Offline PowerMaid

• Since: 06/02/2010
    • A Games Industries
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »
Sickest I've ever been was when I had Strapped Throat. In fact, it was exactly one year ago today (I did the math) that I got through it. I was knocked out for I think 2-3 weeks, with nothing to do except play Battlefront 2 and watch War of the Worlds.

Happened just a couple months ago, but I took it out before it got as serious as before. :)

Offline Poe

• *Friend of 1up
  • AKA: SnKPoe
  • Since: 25/10/2009
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »
Well, the worst feeling sick was probably when I had the flu and then caught pneumonia a few days after. I have asthma and couldn't breathe properly for weeks. I was also throwing up constantly. That was a long time ago. My asthma attacks always make me feel really sick. Last night I had one, fell over, hit my head on Bourbon and Maddogs movie cabinet, probably knocked myself out, had a panic attack... and then another asthma attack. My legs went completely numb and I was shaking. Yay for lack of oxygen! Thank Jebus for Bourbons EMT skills.
The worst sick, though is something that started a few months ago. I started getting dizzy spells and passed out at work a few times. I didn't make me feel too bad (nausea or pain) but it did feel... weird. It felt like I was being pulled to the ground from my left ear. This went on for a while. I had to stop driving. The doctors said it was some kind of inner ear disease. I don't know. I still get dizzy but not as much, so I'm happy.

Man, you guys have had some crazy sickness.