News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: God Vs. Something Else  (Read 18258 times)

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: God Vs. Something Else
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 12:30:13 AM »
Looking this over, I found many things that I would like to address, particularly pertaining to the scientific side of things.  Its gonna be a novel, and I don't have time to do it now, but hopefully I can find some time this weekend to make a good post.

Its interesting to see all of your input.  I mean this very nicely, but a few of you seem to be fairly ignorant of science and world/religious history.  But a few of you seem very well versed in certain aspects of this conversation.  I don't pretend to be a genius, bit I am VERY logical and have at the very least a moderate amount of knowledge on this subject.  Like I said previously, I dedicated a large portion of my life to studying this specific issue.  Hopefully I can some of my findings in a concise and articulate manner.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline |$|CandyMan

• Since: 17/03/2009
    • My Small Unsuccessful Website(But hey at least its got a forum.)
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 01:14:56 AM »
Well, if you proposed this and a enormous, unknown number of humans followed and had faith in this for over 200, 000 years (archeologists numbers/science numbers), then maybe I would believe you.
Anyone can create their own God. But to have millions and millions of people believe in only one... it takes more common sense for me to say yes.

When I read that I lost a great deal of faith in humanity.
If every single person in the world believe I was a unicorn that shat rainbows, it would not change the fact that I am not a rainbow sh*tting unicorn.
Hackers in the bag as of now: 9
Kicked, shadow, >TsK|RiDiicK, OMG_WORMY, Exitus, Lermontov, megaman, aNooB, MasterOfOwning

Offline Poe

• *Friend of 1up
  • AKA: SnKPoe
  • Since: 25/10/2009
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 01:51:34 PM »
Well, if you proposed this and a enormous, unknown number of humans followed and had faith in this for over 200, 000 years (archeologists numbers/science numbers), then maybe I would believe you.
Anyone can create their own God. But to have millions and millions of people believe in only one... it takes more common sense for me to say yes.

If every single person in the world believe I was a unicorn that shat rainbows, it would not change the fact that I am not a rainbow sh*tting unicorn.

Well, your analogy made me laugh... and that's as much as I'll say.

Offline Casper

• Can't shoot what you cant see :D
  • Since: 23/04/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 03:03:42 PM »

Well the whole world wouldnt believe something like that. Hell, somewhere in the world, someone may believe that the world is flat. The whole world is never going to agree on anything. But as for the millions of people believeing one god... The whole world believes lots of different religions. Christianity is only as big as bhuddism, islam, and other large religions. In fact, those religions have been around longer than christianity. And even if the entire world was christian... Choosing your religion based on what everybody else believes is dumb. You are supposed to find the answers yourself, not to follow the croud.

Offline Poe

• *Friend of 1up
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »
Choosing your religion based on what everybody else believes is dumb. You are supposed to find the answers yourself, not to follow the croud.

No, I agree. Most of my friends don't believe but I still do.

Offline Poe

• *Friend of 1up
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »
Hey guys. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept posting.
The only thing I know is that I've lived a life without God and I've lived a life with God... and my life didn't make any sense without him. I can't prove he exists.
People fight for what they believe and that's all I was trying to do. Which I shouldn't.
Believe or not, I still respect all of your opinions. I don't want to come off as a jerk, and I hope I haven't in my last posts. I just know that there is significant proof in my life that shows that faith in God can change someone.
That's all.

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 04:36:12 PM »
Christianity is only as big as bhuddism, islam, and other large religions. In fact, those religions have been around longer than christianity.

Judaism was the first religion.  Christianity comes directly from Judaism.  Its the fulfillment of the Jewish faith and directly draws upon the original Jewish law.

Islam also came from Judaism.  Geographical and social differences evolved Judaism into Islam, which holds Muhammad as its highest prophet.

Bhuddism was created by a Hindu man.

The bottom line is that many (not all) of the religions come back to a common point.  I have a lot to say about this issue, and about which one should be regarded as the correct religion based on that common point, but I won't because I don't wish to offend.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline Casper

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2010, 04:42:01 PM »
Christianity is only as big as bhuddism, islam, and other large religions. In fact, those religions have been around longer than christianity.

Judaism was the first religion.  Christianity comes directly from Judaism.  Its the fulfillment of the Jewish faith and directly draws upon the original Jewish law.

Islam also came from Judaism.  Geographical and social differences evolved Judaism into Islam, which holds Muhammad as its highest prophet.

Bhuddism was created by a Hindu man.

The bottom line is that many (not all) of the religions come back to a common point.  I have a lot to say about this issue, and about which one should be regarded as the correct religion based on that common point, but I won't because I don't wish to offend.
haha its impossible to offend me :D but what i mean is why christianity? why not another religion that stems off of judaism? If you believe judaism is right and others stem from it, why not follow judaism?

Offline |$|CandyMan

• Since: 17/03/2009
    • My Small Unsuccessful Website(But hey at least its got a forum.)
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »
Well the whole world wouldnt believe something like that. Hell, somewhere in the world, someone may believe that the world is flat. The whole world is never going to agree on anything. But as for the millions of people believeing one god... The whole world believes lots of different religions. Christianity is only as big as bhuddism, islam, and other large religions. In fact, those religions have been around longer than christianity. And even if the entire world was christian... Choosing your religion based on what everybody else believes is dumb. You are supposed to find the answers yourself, not to follow the croud.

Many kids don't get a chance to choose for themselves because their parents jam their beliefs into them before they can even understand it.

I don't have a problem with people believing in a god or the afterlife but if they ever use that as an excuse to commit atrocities, such as the crusades or 9/11 or even a single murder or attack, that's when it crosses the line.

IMHO God(Christian God), the alleged creator of the universe, bearer of all knowledge, creator of mankind, would not be so vain as to require that a person need only believe in him/her in order to get into heaven.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
Going by this criteria Hitler has a better chance of getting into heaven than I do.

The concept of heaven was created by man in order to ease the fear of death.
Hackers in the bag as of now: 9
Kicked, shadow, >TsK|RiDiicK, OMG_WORMY, Exitus, Lermontov, megaman, aNooB, MasterOfOwning

Offline Casper

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »

Many kids don't get a chance to choose for themselves because their parents jam their beliefs into them before they can even understand it.

I don't have a problem with people believing in a god or the afterlife but if they ever use that as an excuse to commit atrocities, such as the crusades or 9/11 or even a single murder or attack, that's when it crosses the line.

IMHO God(Christian God), the alleged creator of the universe, bearer of all knowledge, creator of mankind, would not be so vain as to require that a person need only believe in him/her in order to get into heaven.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
Going by this criteria Hitler has a better chance of getting into heaven than I do.

Ive had christianity crammed down my throat my whole life. You always have a choice. Maybe not in what you do, but what you believe.

Offline Casper

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »
  everything is true and left to interpretation. its much more scientific and simple than mystical. i think everyone will be surprised how simple it all is. i would look back as far as history will allow. the people who were first here tens of  thousands of years ago and look at what they say happened. what do the egyptians say. mayan. whoever. they all say we were visited. our gods came from "the heavens" this doesnt mean that the bible is not true its just who was behind it.

http://www.alien-ufo-pictures.com/ancient_aliens.html

When i first read that, i read the first sentence and figured u meant it as anything could exist, kinda like what i posted before on here. I just read the whole thing, and realized it was talking about aliens 0.0 lol im open to everything, like i said. I actually believe in aliens. Not the kind that come to earth or whatever, the speed of light limits space travel too much. But i do believe life exists outside our own planet. Its possible that a probe could have crashed here and left alien life, which we are descendants of. But if they had so much technology, why were we left using sticks and stones for so long?

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2010, 10:21:52 PM »

Im not afraid of death and in reality my world would not be turned upside down if God did not exist. Even though i strongly believe the world was created and not evolved from nothing. If I could find evidence that proved otherwise I would say party!
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2010, 10:43:47 PM »
The human brain has been estimated to contain 50–100 billion (1011) neurons, of which about 10 billion (1010) are cortical pyramidal cells. These cells pass signals to each other via as many as 1000 trillion (1015) synaptic connections.[2]

Offline Casper

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »
The human brain has been estimated to contain 50–100 billion (1011) neurons, of which about 10 billion (1010) are cortical pyramidal cells. These cells pass signals to each other via as many as 1000 trillion (1015) synaptic connections.[2]
sorry i feel like im about to look really stupid asking this but where did that come from? i cant see any way that was related to the conversation  :-[

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2010, 09:33:18 PM »
Ah its just something to think about, As far is how complex it is... How long would it take to evolve that puppy? :)