News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: 1up KF Custom Suggestions  (Read 1639 times)

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
1up KF Custom Suggestions
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:06:58 PM »
We have a topic for bug reporting, so i thought it wise to add in a suggestion post.

This would include any suggestions for the server that are not bugs and therefor not a major priority.

As suggestions are posted, I will try and edit this beginning post to keep a running tally or suggestions, but neatly organized. As/If they are handled, i will add a strike through of the text as well as an approximate date they were added. If they have been added but there is an issue with it, any further comments regarding it would then go into the bug reporting thread.

Suggestions

Lower the leveling requirements (i would suggest by at least half)
Remove some of the duplicate guns that may just have different names
Add more "Pyro" weapons
Add additional medic weapons or varying types
Healing turret
Remove semi-auto feature from M249, keep as auto when using laser
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:32:47 PM by Slenderman[1up] »

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline -MGS-Sniper

• *Friend of 1up
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • Since: 09/02/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: 1up KF Custom Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »
We have a topic for bug reporting, so i thought it wise to add in a suggestion post.

This would include any suggestions for the server that are not bugs and therefor not a major priority.

As suggestions are posted, I will try and edit this beginning post to keep a running tally or suggestions, but neatly organized. As/If they are handled, i will add a strike through of the text as well as an approximate date they were added. If they have been added but there is an issue with it, any further comments regarding it would then go into the bug reporting thread.

Suggestions

Add more "Pyro" weapons
Healing turret

Duplicate Weapons - Most duplicates are different firing styles, ie the doctors shotgun, to have different models for each gun would require me making them

levelling - I thought it was ok I can lower if majority want me too but then you would just level up too easily

Pyro weapons - I  will look into adding to some

Healing turret - Will add to next build

Medic Weapons - Again I would have to make new ones as there are not many out there

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 06:31:54 PM »

Suggestions

Add more "Pyro" weapons
Healing turret

Duplicate Weapons - Most duplicates are different firing styles, ie the doctors shotgun, to have different models for each gun would require me making them

levelling - I thought it was ok I can lower if majority want me too but then you would just level up too easily

Pyro weapons - I  will look into adding to some

Healing turret - Will add to next build

Medic Weapons - Again I would have to make new ones as there are not many out there

duplicates - i could have sworn i saw a couple that seemed exactly the same but i cant remember which ones exactly...i will look into names for them. looking the same i know doesnt matter to me at all.

leveling -  i know i had talked to a couple randoms in the game, and has been mentioned by at least one other 1up before and they had also mentioned that leveling up in the server takes way too long. So it would have to be a matter of making it faster, without totally breaking it to the point where everyone is lvl 50 in a day kinda thing. so maybe not by half, but a little faster....wondering what % others think would be right for it. i know there was also talk about needing like 20 mil to go from like lvl 21 to 22. that could take a good couple months playing every day kinda thing to level.

pyro weapons - i know i would thank you. normally i love being a firebug so having additional pyro weapons would be awesome since it only has like 3 and all the rest have a ton.

healing turret -  that would be great. it was actually suggested by a guy in the clan who plays medic all the time too. it would be a cool little addition.

medic weapons - maybe like an AR as well? i was thinking maybe take like an M16 or AK, add a alt fire heal to it and bam...awesome sauce kinda thing? lol

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline TekNicTerror

• Since: 22/07/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 01:45:49 AM »
Just started playing on the new custom mod myself just now, but yes, the required amounts for just lvl 6 to 7 is way too much; just like it was before on the old custom mod. And cutting it by 50% should be the least amount that is should be cut by; unless if around level 20 is the highest you can get; but if the max level is 30 or higher, the leveling requirements need to be cut by 50% at least. For medic and headshoting, try 50% cuts.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:19:57 AM by TekNicTerror »

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 02:25:12 PM »
Just started playing on the new custom mod myself just now, but yes, the required amounts for just lvl 6 to 7 is way too much; just like it was before on the old custom mod. And cutting it by 50% should be the least amount that is should be cut by; unless if around level 20 is the highest you can get; but if the max level is 30 or higher, the leveling requirements need to be cut by 50% at least. For medic and headshoting, try 50% cuts.

the max is 50.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.