News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Calling coders  (Read 888 times)

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Calling coders
« on: April 16, 2013, 10:25:29 AM »
Here is what I need. I have two install programs. I want one to run, auto select some buttons, run, finish, start the next one, do the same, and finally select the last option in it that will restart the system. Can it be done. I can provide a copy or each. One is a driver program, but if it comes down to setting keystroke commands, I can tell you them very easy since the second is a driver and you may not wanna run it on a different system than designed.

Next, these programs will be located on a network. They must stay there so it must reference them remotely. Now, if this were something that I could look into the file and given certain common sense I could add and remove programs accordingly, that would be even better.

Let me know what you guys think and if your up for the challenge. I may even throw a couple bucks your way upon completion too, :)

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Calling coders
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »
Looks like some PhP script

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
Calling coders
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 03:00:34 PM »
I'm sure it would be a script of some sort, of which I am using a bat file now, but it is very limited since bat files can't do any sort of key commands, and can't auto start another install immediately following another. To do that it would have to be time based and the install can take varying times depending on what all needs to be updated

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 07:46:53 PM »
Sounds like an AutoIt program would do the job for you but if I remember correctly the mouse positioning is relative to the screen size (I am sure doing some percentages you could find the right location)
I would have to see the programs.

Offline UncleSam

• Since: 22/01/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:15:15 PM »
Sounds like an AutoIt program would do the job for you but if I remember correctly the mouse positioning is relative to the screen size (I am sure doing some percentages you could find the right location)
I would have to see the programs.

YESSS!!! autoit is the way to go my friend.  not sure if you discovered this yourself or from my recommendation (I go on alot about autoit :))  Basically it stimulates windows actions.  Flame is correct here that you can't name a certain pixel position it needs to be relative to screen size (basically a ratio).  This is very useful.  Click start and then shutdown automatically and click buttons, stuff like that.  Also stimulates keystrokes and installs hooks and a bunch of other cool things.  However if you don't know the operating system you could click the wrong spot and then you're screwed.  Also can run other programs.  I'm not that good though and I don't understand you completely here.  Especially the network part and remotely accessing it.  How exactly would you remotely access this program?  You may not be able to complete this in autoit...

Also could you clarify what these programs are and what buttons would have to be pressed?  I would not be able to do this I need to finish my current coding project + way too busy.  Over the summer I can code a bunch of stuff at the same time though.

Good luck.

Offline oK|Yahoo

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 02/04/2010
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »
if they are .exe files convert them to .msi and use the switches associated to automatically install the program/drivers. Or just clone the OS.

unless the specific exe you are using has built in switches
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:09:12 PM by oK|Killer »

Offline oK|Yahoo

• *Friend of 1up
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:12:49 PM »
If you're on a windows network and people are using profiles that are stored on a server than you can add a startup script with the switches so all they would see is a flash on the screen when they log on.

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
Calling coders
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 10:23:45 PM »
No idea how to do that killer...I will see about uploading them to some sort of site tomorrow and posting links to them. One is a driver install, .exe, the other is another updated .exe. Google ninite that for. It has switches, but like the silent install is for free only. Plus I need to know when it finishes. But I will post them and see what you guys think. Everything can be auto navigated during install using keystrokes for sure....I just have no idea how. I am not great with any sort of scripting

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline oK|Yahoo

• *Friend of 1up
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 10:53:05 PM »
what kind of IT person would i be if i didn't know what ninite is?

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
Calling coders
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 06:55:18 AM »
Sure we know, but some of the other guys may not have. They are not all lucky, cool, or just old enough to be IT guys

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 10:39:42 PM »
one line logon script made my coworkers computer play a nasty fart wav everytime he logged in locally or into any server, Obviously. just had the script call a command line wav player and wav from a file share.

That's about as far as ill take it.
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”