News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Extra Killing Floor Anyone?  (Read 3343 times)

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 19/05/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Extra Killing Floor Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 12:13:25 PM »
yeh, just let her know its only like $5.....i dont think using $5 will set you back that far from getting your scooter......and if it does, by the time you make the $5 back the scooter will only cost like $100 so you will be fine, lol

personally i never have, and never will own a scooter. NEVER....mini-bike? ok.....motorcycle? ok.....quad? ok......Dirt bike, ok.....Go-cart? got it..... but not a scooter. riding a scooter is like a fat girl....not going to explain that one, but im sure a couple of you will get it.....maybe first hand, lol

Maybe his intentions on a 'Scooter' is entirely different compared to what we, Americans think he is talking about. I have no idea, just throwing out the idea.

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »
yeh, just let her know its only like $5.....i dont think using $5 will set you back that far from getting your scooter......and if it does, by the time you make the $5 back the scooter will only cost like $100 so you will be fine, lol

personally i never have, and never will own a scooter. NEVER....mini-bike? ok.....motorcycle? ok.....quad? ok......Dirt bike, ok.....Go-cart? got it..... but not a scooter. riding a scooter is like a fat girl....not going to explain that one, but im sure a couple of you will get it.....maybe first hand, lol

Maybe his intentions on a 'Scooter' is entirely different compared to what we, Americans think he is talking about. I have no idea, just throwing out the idea.

when i think scooter, i think and actual scooter....like a vespa or something.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline G|Man[1up]

• I want to sleep.
  • *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 19/05/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan Forums
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 01:29:45 PM »

when i think scooter, i think and actual scooter....like a vespa or something.

Mo-Ped. fTW!

Offline BoldyMC

• Since: 02/11/2012
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 04:36:37 PM »
okay guys i am talking about the ones u use at skate parks and stuff and i am getting one due to being one of the best junior riders in my state and no one ha this scooter in the whole state.

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 11:18:10 PM »
Like the Razor, Whiplash, Fuzion, MGP BP1, Rip rail, MADD Pro, Stiga, Kettler, and Radio Flyer ones available at Walmart and other department stores?

Edit:  OK, time out.... I just looked at the scooters you are wanting.  And if you are NOT a professional, and making money using a $750.00 scooter, I would purchase a $50-$100 one to mess around with.  It should last you until you out grow it in five years.

Just because you have a Bugatti Veyron, it does not mean you are qualified to drive one...

A $750.00 scooter should be making you $1000.00 a week using it.  If you are not making a living using the scooter, why tear up one that you could not afford if it breaks the first time out?  Here is a question to ponder, can you afford to purchase a new one every month?  If you are just using it for transportation, get one that is motorized.  I will stop my rant now, best of luck to you.

Scary to think I used to do the same thing using a skateboard.  But then some big kid stole a scooter from a five year old, and never returned it... err wait, that was Back to the Future, and the scooter was returned.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:38:27 PM by Cope57[1up] »

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline BoldyMC

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »
its called a zero gravity
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:16:01 AM by Mr.RaZer »

Offline Swerve

• Knifing King.
  • liкє ค ςєгtเŦเє๔ รเг
  • Since: 11/07/2012
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 01:54:20 AM »

That scooter? It's awesome!!! I want it now....

Offline BoldyMC

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 02:14:39 AM »
seriously out of all the scooters in the world u pick that one wow!

Offline Swerve

• Knifing King.
  • liкє ค ςєгtเŦเє๔ รเг
  • Since: 11/07/2012
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 02:26:02 AM »
Like a Sir.

Offline Valkiry[1up]

• The man that can't be moved...
  • *[1up] Member
  • S.S.D.D.
  • Since: 20/12/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Valkiry's own streamchannel!
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 06:27:29 AM »
I still got 2 guestpasses for killing floor if you want 1 Razer dude just pm me

Offline BoldyMC

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 06:53:33 AM »
what d u mean by guestpasses

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 10:26:54 PM »

That scooter? It's awesome!!! I want it now....

Hey!

I seen that scooter the other day!  I am guessing it is an upgrade after a bad fall from the skatepark.  It can hold your leg up while in a cast.  Seems much cooler than using crutches...

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 03:45:21 PM »
just watch the video and though some of the tricks are good, overall im not impressed. I used to be a street skater (skateboard), and they mimic alot of the same stunts.....only the hold the base their with their hands. Im sure it takes alot of practice to do the stuff they do, as well as they do it.....but still not impressed. i find it about as impressive as inline skating.....

But i agree with cope, from experience. I used to break boards alot. Granted the board itself is cheaper to replace, but you never saw us buying the really expensive boards. Things break, so if its taking you this long just to save up for the scooter, figure how long until it breaks, and how much it will cost. from what i see, you have a couple things to worry about

1st. - Your bearings. There is no give besides that of the wheel itself. You will be replacing them fairly often
2nd - The main handle bar. (the part between the handle and the wheel)....i see this getting bent slowly over time. Thats 50% of the scooter right there...
3rd - The main board, eventually its going to bend. Your going to land hard and eventually kink. trust me, those things dont work with bent boards, lol
4th - The wheels - depending on if your doing indoor or outdoor alot will let you know how often to replace those....

Unless you have an offer to go pro, or hell if they have actual leagues and you consistantly win, or get sponsors......go with a slightly cheaper one. seems to me the biggest difference in those compared to normal ones is a custom turn shaft. sturdier with the folder removed, as well as a custom height set into it, non adjustable. You could buy a cheap one and have a custom bar made cheaper im sure.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.