News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Poll

Do you think that the /kill command should be allowed to be used in excess on zombie servers?

No. It should be illegal.
17 (68%)
Maybe. It's kind of annoying.
2 (8%)
Yes. I think it should be legal.
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 04, 2012, 09:52:36 AM

Author Topic: /kill command  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Dynasty[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Water Sleeps....
  • Since: 08/01/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: /kill command
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »
Umm...People abuse it and use it for THEIR stats since it doesn't take away from them.  ::)

Aka, Lancer.

Change, change, the form of man....
Rise the demon; Etrigan!

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »
Emo zombies?  ???
Maybe add a script that kicks those that use the /kill command more than once an hour from the server, just for an hour so the command does not get abused.

I do not even play on the zombie servers, even though I have tried them a while back.
Abusing a suicide command is in my opinion cowardly.  Either play the game or play another server.

Funny thing is, I did not know about the command, and could have used it about two weeks ago in the TDM Fun server when I was stuck next to a wall and could not move.  I was unstuck by being killed by the other team so I could respawn.  I never told anyone I was stuck, but continued to kill the other team when they came near.  I was eventually killed which allowed me to jump around and nade once again.  I have not been able to recreate the stuck bug, so I never reported it.  It was probably just a random glitch.

Edit: I did not vote, only because there is a legit reason for the command, but abuse of the command should be dealt with.  So, how would I select an answer?
Were you in Riyahd? I get stuck in a glitch there all the time climbing the ladders

Who actually uses ladders? lmao :P
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline King Whistle[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • Whistle always wins!
  • Since: 17/04/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »
Emo zombies?  ???
Maybe add a script that kicks those that use the /kill command more than once an hour from the server, just for an hour so the command does not get abused.

I do not even play on the zombie servers, even though I have tried them a while back.
Abusing a suicide command is in my opinion cowardly.  Either play the game or play another server.

Funny thing is, I did not know about the command, and could have used it about two weeks ago in the TDM Fun server when I was stuck next to a wall and could not move.  I was unstuck by being killed by the other team so I could respawn.  I never told anyone I was stuck, but continued to kill the other team when they came near.  I was eventually killed which allowed me to jump around and nade once again.  I have not been able to recreate the stuck bug, so I never reported it.  It was probably just a random glitch.

Edit: I did not vote, only because there is a legit reason for the command, but abuse of the command should be dealt with.  So, how would I select an answer?
Were you in Riyahd? I get stuck in a glitch there all the time climbing the ladders

Who actually uses ladders? lmao :P
^^ Quake hacks
He may not use an aimbot or wallhack, he may not even have some original hack he made. I am pretty sure that Quake, the individual, the person himself, is a hack.

**And it is actually happens most when I am jumping off the wall to the top of the ladder that I get stuck in a glitch. I am pretty sure the ladder would work fine if I just climbed it like normal.

Offline sniper#420[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • roll it light it smoke it enjoy it
  • Since: 01/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »
Any solution needs to be cost effective.

1) Make a list of the idiots who are doing this and we will just DELETE all their stats.

2) /kill is hardcoded into the game. It would cost me hundreds of dollars to get rid of that. Besides, we have slay commands that force clients to kill themselves when they get caught glitching or doing other stupid stuff.

3) An alternative plugin would be to have B3 read the log for those who killed themselves and were not slain, then some punishment would be given, like a tempban of X minutes.

Offline Dynasty[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Water Sleeps....
  • Since: 08/01/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 09:42:53 AM »
Well, voting has officially ended. Thanks to all who partook in the poll, voicing your different opinions.  ;D

I have been informed that the issue is going to be addressed within a reasonable time frame and will eventually be enforced through a B3 plugin.

So once again, thanks to those who shared their concerns and took time to make them known.

Change, change, the form of man....
Rise the demon; Etrigan!