News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Aim and Shooting guide.  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Replay

• lmao
  • Since: 05/03/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Aim and Shooting guide.
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:03:50 AM »
Replay's Aim and Shooting Guide
This guide will explain the basics of aiming and shooting. Take your time to read everything carefully. Enjoy.

Shooting, one of the most important skills all players should have. It isn't as easy as some players think. Sometimes I see players just holding mouse1 constantly and they end up contantly missing their target due "recoil" and "spread". Spread is the area where your bullets will land while shooting. Except for the sr8, every gun starts with a little spread when you start shooting. During sustained fireing your spread area will get bigger, that means that the area where your bullets will land increases so you will shoot less accurate. Stop with shooting will make your spread reduce again. Thats why people shoot in bursts. They shoot until the spread reaches a certain point, then they pause for a second to reduce the spread again, and then they will continue shooting.
This is my advice for shooting in bursts.

Close up: spam
Short range: burst 6-10
Medium range: burst 3-5
Long range: tap 1 or burst 2

Recoil, is generated during sustained shooting. It's basicly just your crosshair moving up. You can see it when you take an assault rifle and shoot the hole magazine empty, your crosshair will slowly move up. But this isn't a big problem, aiming down at your target again will fix this issue.

Crosshair
Having the right crosshair is very important. A good crosshair shows the accuracy of your bullets. The bigger your crosshair gets, the less accurate your bullets will be. If you aren't an experienced player don't choose a dot as crosshair, the size of it doesn't change while shooting. I recomment a small crosshair that shows the accuracy of your bullets.

If you already know how to shoot properly with bursts, it doesn't really matter if you use a dot as crosshair. The dot is the smallest crosshair you can choose, so I prefer shooting with that.

Color of your crosshair
Choosing the right color for your crosshair is also quite important. Green or red are good colors for a crosshair. In contrast to black or white you will still be able to see your crosshair clearly in all circumstances. Personnaly I prefer light green and when aiming on teammates red.

Movement
In urban terror there is also something called "movement penalty". That means your spread will increase while walking, sprinting or jumping (except for knifes, nades, hk and spas). If you crouch your spread will reduce (except for the sr8). Even if you move just a bit, the sr8 will cause massive spread.

automatic guns
If you come in a close combat with an enemy while holding an assault rifle or a sidearm the best thing to do is start shooting at him and move in random directions. It will be harder for your enemy to hit you. Don't move to much in a single direction because it will make it harder to keep your crosshair on your target. Just tap "a" and "d" short and rapidly. If you find this easy you can try to use walljumps during a combat. There isn't a special technique for this, the only rule is: don't be predictable.

sr8
This technique is a little harder and takes more practice to learn. In order to snipe accurate you need to stand still, but then you will be easier to hit. The best thing to do when holding a sr8, if you aren't in a camping spot, is keep on moving and as soon as you see a enemy stand still, lock on your target, shoot, and immidiately move to the right or left. Don't stay in zoom for to long because you will be an easy target for the other team.

Strategy
- Act like a ninja.
Esspecially when you play ts and you're one of the last survivors it's important to be as quiet as possible. Crouch or walk (shift) alot and make powerslides. Make sure to make as less sound as possible.
If you hear an enemy try to locate where the sound is coming from. Sound is a must for getting good scores.

- Aim at corners and camp spots.
Never just aim straight ahead. Make sure you always aim at corners or common camp spots. Always look to your left or right and behind you once in a while. You don't want to get surprised by an enemy that just appeared behind you so always look in all directions.

- Get to a safe spot before you reload.
A common mistake a lot of players make is that they reload when they can be easily killed. Try to get to a safe spot (a corner, behind a wall etc.) before reloading your gun(s).

Offline Bizzy

• Live. love. Laugh.
  • Since: 02/10/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears

JJ!<3

Offline Staples, that was easy

• nomnom
  • ;)
  • Since: 26/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • CLICK NAO
Re: Aim and Shooting guide.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 12:30:37 AM »
Ownt ^ I try to be less predictable. And idk when people spec me I think they always see me pre aim specially with my sr8. ;) but that's another story

I have this secret sr8 technique. It only takes a flick of the wrist. :b that's all I'm saying.

Offline Replay

• lmao
  • Since: 05/03/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Aim and Shooting guide.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 03:19:28 AM »
http://dailynade.com/a-guide-to-shooting/

Yh, I used that site a couple of times to help explain some things.