News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Urban Terror 4.2  (Read 16080 times)

Rotterdam

Urban Terror 4.2
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:58:27 PM »
Heres some info about the upcoming version of urban terror:

Thirty maps including many old favourites like Docks, Ricochet and Revolution are being updated for 4.2. Dragonne and QueenBee are working hard on their maps. The player skins have been updated and a public test was conducted to determine the ones that suited the majority of gamers. The skins are designed to be seen due to the speed of the game. The unzoom on the SR8 has been changed so it does not unzoom when legs are hit and possibly the threshold will be changed. New grenade and blood effects. Armbands now show team colour for enemies no matter how they are set. Team mates' individual colours will continue to be shown in game and on the hud. You now have to crouch to pick up a weapon; no more gathering of weapons you don't want. Buga and exploits are being looked at and fixed.  Last Man Standing has been returned to the game after many years. It's Free For All without respawn. Very fun. Jump Training is designed to help teach gamers how to jump in Urban Terror. This gametype will work on maps specifically designed for jumping or regular gameplay maps. The mapper will be able to add goals and trace the jump routes to show gamers how to do them. That's it for now. We will keep you posted as development continues.

(source: http://www.moddb.com/mods/urban-terror/news/urban-terror-42-is-in-the-works )

Just wanted you to know what is coming up, and perhaps we can discuss what we would like too see changed, and why.
For example i think it would be a good idea to make the g36 less powerfull considering the fact that it has a scope AND is an automatic rifle. What do you guys think?

Offline Biohazard

• Hazardous Productions In The Making
  • Lies Feed the Demons, Love Feeds the Angels.
  • Since: 18/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Urban Terror 4.2
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01:04 PM »
I think this will be great! But the only problems are, will everyone be playing 4.2? Will we be able to recognize each other non 1up? Will 1up be 4.2?
You pray for less idiots, but you get more.
You pray for love, you get hate.
You pray for power, you get shot.

Biohazard: C. Moore
RenaRyuuguu: See more what?
Biohazard: C. Moore Hax

Rotterdam

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 06:09:07 PM »
will everyone be playing 4.2? Will we be able to recognize each other non 1up? Will 1up be 4.2?

I dont see any problems in there, wel all have downloaded 4.1, downloading 4.2 will take you probably less than 30 minutes, I dont think anyone in 1up will give their clan up for just a simple download lol

Offline Biohazard

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:26:23 PM »
ya i figured but just hoping that ppl will continue to play 4.2 and renovate somethings so it will be a 4.2 clan too...also will we still play 4.1? in case 4.2 is not as good yet?

Rotterdam

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 06:32:43 PM »
only time can , btw isnt there something u would like to see changed that u didnt like in 4.1

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 09:02:10 PM »
I am working on recoding some of the custom maps and fixing leaks so I can generate quality aas files. Downloading a new mod sounds great, but I do not like the passport system because I understand that we have to give our rcon server pass out to admin of the passport (master) server. I am a bit skeptical on this, but I will wait to reserve my judgment on this issue until after I have looked at the 4.2 pk3 files and digested the changes first hand. Still though, I want to acknowledge the hard work that the development team has put in on this new mod. We are all waiting on it. Bot support just might be inside as well.

Rotterdam

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 08:00:34 PM »
maybe its not, after all its just a gun that can be chosen and falls under the same category as the lr m4 and ak, perhaps its already made more fair cause the g36 spreads more when shooting unzoomed

Rotterdam

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »
Thats true, from now on ill stop whining about the g36 lol :P next time, ill just grab my sr8, and FAIL muaha D

Offline FedoraMike

• Since: 27/04/2009
    • My Webpage/Portfolio - Under Construction
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 01:33:19 PM »
Let's see, a few things I'd like to see,

-A way to mute radio spammers (unless the current mute works, I don't think it does?)
-Fix the bugs with Referees (I think they could be very useful to many clans in policing servers)
-An additional item or two, not sure what but I think it would be possible.
-A new sidearm, something between the DE and Berretta.
-Maybe the the abillity to enter the prone position... I think this could be very valuable for snipers
-Auto-kick for too many suicides (same as auto-kick for tk)

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure there's more.

-Fedora Mike

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »
That would be great if they would fix the REF function. Then 1up could go back to a system of admins and REFS, which would resolve many little server problems.

Offline |$|CandyMan

• Since: 17/03/2009
    • My Small Unsuccessful Website(But hey at least its got a forum.)
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 09:27:41 PM »
Dude if you could enter prone position. I would just have a rape-fest. It's nearly impossible to hit something that small which is why real snipers use it.

Just find a nice spot lie down and gun noobs down as they run around the corner. That's my kinda day.
Hackers in the bag as of now: 9
Kicked, shadow, >TsK|RiDiicK, OMG_WORMY, Exitus, Lermontov, megaman, aNooB, MasterOfOwning

Offline Biohazard

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »
they need to add real sniping spots...for proning or whatever. urban terror needs hillsides and such for hiding. it would be real fun, more like COD

Offline FedoraMike

• Since: 27/04/2009
    • My Webpage/Portfolio - Under Construction
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 03:59:25 PM »
they need to add real sniping spots...for proning or whatever. urban terror needs hillsides and such for hiding. it would be real fun, more like COD

I agree with jpx though, that's just not the style of game that UrT is.  UrT is a fast paced shooter, and sniping is not fast paced.  There are definitely some good uses for sniping in some strategies, but it's definitely not the focus of the game, and making it easier for people to sit around and pick people off is probably not a good idea now that I think about it more.  I get frustrated enough by good snipers now.

Offline Biohazard

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 07:39:23 AM »
...NO!!! I was just saying it would be kinda fun cause u could work on improving ur sniping. and....WE R NOT NOOBS!!!

XD :o

Rotterdam

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 08:15:26 AM »
hey, I snipe, and I dont camp! my montage can back me up :P
Snipers have a secondary weapon if not a sidearm so use those when running around.
When I get past a point where i know people camp or show up, ill toss a few shots and move on.
Camping has never improved my scores and running around with ur sniper makes ur aim twice as good than when ur camping cause then you need to deal with close combat situations you will also find in scrims