News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Hmm, Map Idea. New? Not sure...  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hmm, Map Idea. New? Not sure...
« on: September 27, 2011, 03:51:27 AM »
I imagined a map called "Dam" which would basically be a moderate sized to large map for bomb. The basic premise is a large hydroelectric dam that has two bomb sites inside with an area of water on the outside and a large road with cars and other pieces of cover leading up to the front gate/door of the dam.

It would feature a few cool things:
1. Two levers in different control rooms that could lower or raise the water level. One would be in the inside of the dam, while the other is in a control room under the road that could be accessed through a gated area.
a. A raised water level allows people to swim toward open hatches in the side of the dam, which could be used to infiltrate.
b. water level also floods areas such as tunnels that are usually accessible and safe. Flooding could drown any stragglers in these areas.

2. Very high dam area that snipers can be perched above with four access hatches/doors. Sniping from across the sides of the dam and down into the water and street would be awesome.

3. In the inside, there is a relatively large generator room that serves as a primary hub, other sets of rooms such as a control with windows looking down, several close quarters corridors, and stairways/elevators that lead up and down.

I wouldn't imagine more than two to three stories at most inside the dam. The 2nd control room below the road would be connected to the dam in a one way access tunnel. There is also the main gate into the dam, which is basically a gate with a 5 foot opening that has a cat walk inside over watching the entrance. The catwalk/main entrance has a lobby entrance with glass and leads into the main generator area.

Not sure if this has ever been done before, and if the raising/lowering water is feasible, but let me know what you think!

-Wargasm

Offline Perdition[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • Choose the spas!
  • Since: 21/11/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Hmm, Map Idea. New? Not sure...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »
i really like the idea. hopefully someone can make this happen
My Steam name is Quix0tic[1up]. Let's play CS:S!

The Spas is the best weapon in the game. Hands down. No question.

Offline ShadowSkittles

• Since: 10/05/2011
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »
Sounds like an epic map! another thing the would be cool, is if you could slide down the face of the dam (sorta james bond style >:) ) but slide down into the control room under the street . or all the way to the spill gate i think that would be pretty epic to.  ;)  :D  8)

Offline Dougy

• Since: 17/01/2010
    • TheOMFG Music
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 11:21:50 PM »
UT42_HYDRODAM

ALREADY BEEN MADE XD ::) :-X :-\ :|

Offline ShadowSkittles

• Since: 10/05/2011
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 11:59:25 AM »
well yeah, there's that map, but my  thoughts of wars, ideal was compleatly deferent from that map, or a considerable add on  ::) ;) ::) ;)

Offline Dougy

• TheOMFG Music
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 09:21:35 PM »
UT4_DAM has already been made also...

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »
UT4_DAM has already been made also...

Have you played on them before? If so, can you let us know if the map was any good? Specifics about gameplay on the map would be great.

Offline Dougy

• TheOMFG Music
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
They were both made by the UrT dev team and also put into the game as official maps :)

Also whoever keeps reducing my karma, I will find you and when i do you will regret negative karma giving XD