News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Where did your name come from?  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Lurker

• Since: 26/05/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My Tumblr
Re: Where did u come up with ur name?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
I was lurking on a forum.

Offline SoTexasDeathRide[1up]

• *[1up] Support Member
  • Since: 30/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Corpus Christi Big Game Fishing Club
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 05:58:14 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhONBkV6Aak#

These guys were a band from San Antonio that have long since broken up, but I have been SoTexasDeathRide since back in the Return to Caslte Wolfenstein days.  (10+ yrs)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:00:09 PM by SoTexasDeathRide[1up] »

Offline Lurker

• Since: 26/05/2010
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 05:59:05 PM »
HTML does not work.

Offline SoTexasDeathRide[1up]

• *[1up] Support Member
  • Since: 30/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Corpus Christi Big Game Fishing Club
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 06:03:56 PM »
HTML does not work.

I think I fixed it...

Offline stiffy

• I hate lazy people!
  • Since: 31/03/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
nick names
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 06:57:04 AM »
I was just wondering where or how everyone picked their nick's?

I personally am not the perve everyone assumes I am, because of my nick (up for debate) but actually have had this nick since I was a little kid. (Stiffy) is actually just short for my last name. My real name is Stiffler, and no my first name is not Steve. I just thought it would be interesting to know how or why people created the nick's they play with.
Strive to be the best not just to survive

Offline Zangetsu

• With me, all things end.
  • Since: 29/08/2010
Re: nick names
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »
My original name (Baby) came from back in my Halo 1 online days. I was a kid back then (about 12 or 13 at the time) and I found it unexplainably funny seeing people getting killed by a baby. I went around with that name In Urban Terror for about 2 and a half years, if not longer, before Justin Bieber showed up with his song and eventually I got fed up with people poking fun at the name. I had been watching the anime Bleach when I decided to change my name and ended up with Zangetsu (it's the name of Ichigo Kuroskai's sword spirit in the anime and I had always felt he was a bit like me) and I have had it ever sense.

And that's my story.
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Offline Satura

• Sniper addict.
  • Since: 22/10/2010
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »
A lot of my aliases are just titles from songs, or short sentences from lyrics. I do use a lot of aliases, most of them are from songs. I didn't get 'Satura' from a song, I got it from a book (Isabel Hoving, "The Dream Merchant"). It was about 3 teenages who are working for a trading company who wanted to get into a different phase of trading: the past. That was not possible, but they could go into the dreamworld, 'umaja', and trade things there. The dreamworld gets locked due to an accident while they are still in there, and the only way out is to go to the end of time and go through the hurricane Satura. One of the last chapters was called "The muzzle of Satura", it's the chapter where they escape. I really like the book, but I just love the name 'Satura'.

I just use names if I find it powerful, funny, original etc. I don't like all kinds of signs in names like >$#*& bla bla.. It makes it look weird.. I just prefer 'clear' names, just letters, no signs/symbols, and even without numbers :P

"It's fiction, a faceless illusion"

Offline Replay

• lmao
  • Since: 05/03/2011
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 12:36:03 PM »
Well my current name, Replay, I actually got it from a youtube video. I was watching a video of some guy playing COD and the background song was: Replay. So thats how i got that name.

I have another nick tho that i use quite often: Sprinkles. April gave it to me :p

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 01:00:06 PM »
When i first started playing WoW i wanted a name that i could be proud of something dark and ominous that would be somewhat foreboding and would carry a sense of death with it. I tried Redrum, But someone else claimed the name. So i went with RedRumOnE and i was known as Red ever since.

Sometimes i like to twist it up, If im feeling like im a fast person with savage attacks like mainly using the Spas i go with the name Praetorian

And if im just feeling like something putrid that wants to make others like me kind of like Toxin from Spiderman i name myself InFeKtIoN

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:03:22 PM by RedRumOnE »

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline Perdition[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • Choose the spas!
  • Since: 21/11/2010
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »
i liked the word Perdition
My Steam name is Quix0tic[1up]. Let's play CS:S!

The Spas is the best weapon in the game. Hands down. No question.

Offline Gautch

• Optimism is the content of small men in high places.
  • Since: 20/03/2011
nick names
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »
Oh Lord, Gootch...

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."

Offline Briguyt4[1upZ]

• *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Since: 16/01/2011
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 02:11:18 PM »
I'm sure you're all curious about my name, right? Right.

Well, I don't mean to be plain but my name came from one of my friend's parents. There was another kid who hung out with me so they were called 'B' and I got called 'Briguy'. Briguy has stuck with ever since along with a few other names. And the 4 is my favorite number so there it is.

Offline TurbanError

• Since: 12/11/2010
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »
I was trying to come up with a nickname when I first started playing URT and was going to go back to New Urban Terrorist when dyslexia kicked in and I wrote new turban errorist which I thought was funny so I used turban error.  I now realize that the name is not the creative unique snowflake I thought it once was.

My other nicks are kind of meh.  When I was in 5th grade, no one in my class would raise there hand to answer questions, I did all the time.  Somehow my teacher asked me if I was some kind of knowledge champion to which I responded yes I am.  She then proceeded to call me Thomas the champion, which has been my email for a long time. 

When I was in highschool one of the clubs I started was an anime club, some friends were coming to get me to talk about club stuff and found me in the school's tv room editing something silly (I think it was music for the cheer squad or something).  Since then they called me the AnimeFunkMaster, which has been my aim and often go to for games.... but is pretty silly and long.

Lancers09

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 03:24:08 PM »
I got lancer from my school mascot. He is a roman foot soldier known for bravery and taking charge.
he never backs down and never gives up.

Blaze is just a name of the utah indoor football team.

the team sucks, but I love the name since about 2008.

Offline Zohan

• You do know, that I don't care?
  • Since: 28/09/2010
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 03:55:37 PM »
Arod
Adrian rodreguez
Hectic_sniper
Hectic means crazy and at the time I was all about sniping
Zohan was watching Don't mess with Zohan just decided my name
To change it to that