News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Where are u from? ? ?  (Read 6699 times)

Offline Arlyn

• I will make it...
  • Since: 15/06/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Where are u from? ? ?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »
I think that the monarchy is a beautiful thing. is the tradition and the cultural basis of that country.
until the monarchs do not abuse their powers, (if they have any) and not behave like dictators are more than welcome.

yes, is beautiful, cultural...In that sense I like it too....

the problem is when they are people who costs a lot of money to the tax payer, and they are unnecessary, I mean that they do not give any service to their country.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:11:17 PM by Arlyn »

Offline Stella

• Since: 05/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »
I think that the monarchy is a beautiful thing. is the tradition and the cultural basis of that country.
until the monarchs do not abuse their powers, (if they have any) and not behave like dictators are more than welcome.

the problem is when they are people who costs a lot of money to the tax payer, and they are unnecessary, I mean that they do not give any service to their country.

they give the image of royalty. and if they really were so unnecessary, they would be ousted long ago.

Offline Arlyn

• I will make it...
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 05:29:48 PM »

they give the image of royalty. and if they really were so unnecessary, they would be ousted long ago.

sorry, I do not agree dear...they are where they are by law, by inheritance...but if you let (at least in my country,
idk about other countries) if you let the people in Spain to vote if they want to keep having a monarchy,I can tell you...nobody likes the monarchy, they find it an unnecessary expense...I have spanish law books at home, and I tell you , the monarchy (I repeat again, at least in my country) is just  SIMBOL, they do not have any kind  of power (yes the power of earning 8 miilion euros each of them...) the only family that has babies non-stop is the royal family....(they earn money since the day they are born)  ::) spanish people is going thru the worst of the economical crisis  since the post-civil war, nobody buys houses, nobodoy has babies, more than 20% of unemployment,companies closing their doors,people losing their houses ...
there is no medicare for free anymore, medicines are not free anymore, hospital are firing doctors and health personal, and closing operating rooms,university are multiplyng by 3 their tuitions and some courses are disappearing...and Greece, Italy...you know are going thru terrible crisis too...

when that happens, I do not agree with keeping a royal family  A SIMBOL...in this world lot of unfairy systems are being kept.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 05:32:01 PM by Arlyn »

Offline Staples, that was easy

• nomnom
  • ;)
  • Since: 26/09/2010
    • CLICK NAO
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »
:) monarchy also has a positive role when the monarch doesn't turn into a tyrant but a compassionate leader. I am very interested in that form of government. :) we are learning about imperialism in Africe and I think Belgium was talked about in today's lesson.

Offline Stella

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »

sorry, I do not agree dear...they are where they are by law, by inheritance...but if you let (at least in my country,
idk about other countries) if you let the people in Spain to vote if they want to keep having a monarchy,I can tell you...nobody likes the monarchy, they find it an unnecessary expense...I have spanish law books at home, and I tell you , the monarchy (I repeat again, at least in my country) is just  SIMBOL, they do not have any kind  of power (yes the power of earning 8 miilion euros each of them...) the only family that has babies non-stop is the royal family....(they earn money since the day they are born)  ::) spanish people is going thru the worst of the economical crisis  since the post-civil war, nobody buys houses, nobodoy has babies, more than 20% of unemployment,companies closing their doors,people losing their houses ...
there is no medicare for free anymore, medicines are not free anymore, hospital are firing doctors and health personal, and closing operating rooms,university are multiplyng by 3 their tuitions and some courses are disappearing...and Greece, Italy...you know are going thru terrible crisis too...

when that happens, I do not agree with keeping a royal family  A SIMBOL...in this world lot of unfairy systems are being kept.
OH MY DEAR if u really think that the The crisis we are facing is bcz of the royal family of urs...i dont agree wid u! and if the majority of the population does not agree on a law you can have a referendum to change it. as we have done Italian referendum, not to give legal immunity to politicians, to lower their wages. and if the majority of the population of Spain, do not want the monarchy,  have the courage to rebel and change the situation. When Italy has expelled their royal family in exile, was made ​​an approved referendum. so less pew pew nd more fact!!

Offline Arlyn

• I will make it...
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2011, 05:54:51 PM »

OH MY DEAR if u really think that the The crisis we are facing is bcz of the royal family of urs...i dont agree wid u! and if the majority of the population does not agree on a law you can have a referendum to change it. as we have done Italian referendum, not to give legal immunity to politicians, to lower their wages. and if the majority of the population of Spain, do not want the monarchy,  have the courage to rebel and change the situation. When Italy has expelled their royal family in exile, was made ​​an approved referendum. so less pew pew nd more fact!!

Where did I write that the crisis is because of the royal family??????????????

I´ve just said, that I do not agree in paying these people so much money, when they do not give ANY SERVICE AT ALL , we have a prime minister for governing the country!!

I guess in Belgium they are giving a service, since they are the only ones governing.

And I do not think I have to keep arguing in something so obvious.

Offline Stella

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »
good job, dont argue...if its so obvious for u  ;)

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2011, 06:03:51 PM »
Monarchies and dictatorships GET **** DONE. No negotiations, no 6 month legal proceedings, nada. If you have a great king, your nation will be stronger than a democracy would ever be. But...there are a lot of ways things can go horribly wrong because kings and dictators are often not picked due to intelligence or ruling prowess, they usually inherit the chair. As the chinese proverb says, a scholar king or intellectual prince is more powerful than anything imaginable and can usher in the greatest change possible.

Anyways, I'm out of Dallas, Texas at the moment but hope to move to asia to start working in international marketing.

Offline Staples, that was easy

• nomnom
  • ;)
  • Since: 26/09/2010
    • CLICK NAO
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 06:25:22 PM »
Monarchies and dictatorships GET **** DONE. No negotiations, no 6 month legal proceedings, nada. If you have a great king, your nation will be stronger than a democracy would ever be. But...there are a lot of ways things can go horribly wrong because kings and dictators are often not picked due to intelligence or ruling prowess, they usually inherit the chair. As the chinese proverb says, a scholar king or intellectual prince is more powerful than anything imaginable and can usher in the greatest change possible.

Anyways, I'm out of Dallas, Texas at the moment but hope to move to asia to start working in international marketing.
great point. Just like king louis XIV and Versailles they get it done in a snap. I think aryln went off topic :/ mehh

Offline p$yKo

• Since: 24/03/2011
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2011, 06:26:48 PM »
Seoul, South Korea <333 **** North Korea  >:D >:D

Offline Chuck[1up]

• *[1up] Support Member
  • You will never walk alone
  • Since: 25/04/2010
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 06:33:35 PM »
I am from England, live near to London.

Without monarchy honestly we are nothing, we have great respect for our royal family (even though U.S were surprisingly excited about the royal wedding..even more than British people  :P) . Monarchy rules :D

Offline Arlyn

• I will make it...
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »

Without monarchy honestly we are nothing, we have great respect for our royal family (even though U.S were surprisingly excited about the royal wedding..even more than British people  :P) . Monarchy rules :D

if I tell you the truth, I do not imagine UK without their monarchy....

Offline Replay

• lmao
  • Since: 05/03/2011
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »
I'm from portugal :D

Portugal is like my 2end homecountry I Love it, just because C.Ronaldo lives there... 8)

Im from the netherlands :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Valkiry[1up]

• The man that can't be moved...
  • *[1up] Member
  • S.S.D.D.
  • Since: 20/12/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Valkiry's own streamchannel!
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »
I'm from portugal :D

Portugal is like my 2end homecountry I Love it, just because C.Ronaldo lives there... 8)

Im from the netherlands :)

This is vor Replay

Offline Chuck[1up]

• *[1up] Support Member
  • You will never walk alone
  • Since: 25/04/2010
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 10:53:34 PM »

if I tell you the truth, I do not imagine UK without their monarchy....

I thought you are against the monarchy  ::)