News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: @LordSkrymir  (Read 441 times)

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
@LordSkrymir
« on: February 06, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »
This topic is resuming from here.

Skrymir,

What operating system you running?
I am curious as to why you can not view your demos.
If you are running a Linux, BSD, Mac, or other *nix system you need to have your demos names with all UPPER CASE for the system to be able to view them.  I know it is a small pain to change the names, but I have been running Linux since 2003, and have learned to deal with the way files need to be named to properly execute.

If you are running Windows 8, I do not know what to tell you, but it seems that Windows XP through Windows 7 seems to handle the demo files fine.
I have windows vista, its horrible...
Hey Skrymir,

About your Windows Vista,  sorry about your misfortune.  If you want to upgrade your operating system, you could check out Distrowatch.com.  However, if you have some Windows software that you just can not live without, you could check to see if there are alternatives to the applications that you use.

With over 2,000 free open source games available, including Urban Terror, why would you not want to upgrade?

Here is a small list

And also here.

I will not bore you with more software than your hard drive can hold.  Linux has over 30,000 packages available for zero cost, and no need to worry about updating all of them.  Only one command, or a couple clicks will update everything installed on the system.  If you do decide to try out Linux, I would suggest that you back up anything of real importance.  Things like photos, documents, and other personal stuff.  I am not suggesting that your music and video collection is not important, but I am sure you already have the original CD's and DVD's of such items.  Whatever you happen to download from the net, you can back that up as well, or download it again, no big deal.  ;)

Computers do not have problems, they have users