News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Knowing your Basics (Advanced Tips)  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Resort[1up]

• *[1up] KF Admin
  • You can't download Skills.
  • Since: 24/07/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Knowing your Basics (Advanced Tips)
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:40:07 AM »
These are not your basic tips these tips are for people willing to play in hard+ games.

1. Berserker is your friend
      For hard+ games he berserker is going to be your best friend when using a melee weapon if you click the alt fire button it does a different attack this attack stuns bigger Zombie such as the scrake/FP/Patty. The beserker is alot faster than the other perks and cannot be grabbed by clots. The first thing you want to buy no matter what is an axe it can 1up clots and gorefests your knife just won't do. This perk also allows you to save up your money for when you decide to use a different perk.

2. Room to move
      Maps with big open spaces give you a better chance of winning. The more room you have the easier it is to evade.

3. God Damnit shes loud
      The siren will fvck your sh!t up if you see her back up as far as you can and shoot her do not go in close with her. The harder the game the more damage she does in suicidal and Hell on Earth she can kill you in 1 scream.

4. sitting still
      DO NOT DO THAT

5. OMG I'M ON FIRE
      If you see a husk kill it otherwise your chances of survival dwindle the longer he stays alive the harder the level the more accurate he is and in suicidal and HOE he ussually never misses.

6. Conserving ammo
      Right now most of you are not use to this tactic because you have only been playing beginner and normal. In hard+ games if you are using something that has a full auto setting make sure you switch it to semi auto by hitting your alt fire key 1 time.

7. Dodgey little bugger ain't he.
      The clots and gorefest are quiet a bit faster the high level you play and the closer they get the faster they get. They will not run straight at you like they do in beginner and normal they runn as fast as they can at an angle and they dart straight for you. It is better to kill them when they are walking towards you instead of sprinting.

8. My shields are Down captain
      without armor your fked in HOE and suicidal everything can killing you in jsut about 1 hit.

9. Split up
      If you have 6 people it is best to go in 2 groups of 3. So the zombies are split in half and 6 people are not stuck with a constant wave of never ending horror. The best combination for these groups are 1 berserker/ 1 medic/1 sharp shooter. From my experience this is the best combination but it is not the only one.

10. blow them up
      Your genades will save your life. You will have that 1 round where you are the last of your team alive and the longer you run from the mob the bigger it gets. So eventually you want to turn around and throw a grenade right into the midd of that group it racks up the kills.

11. Do not try to escape
      Like i said before the mobs are alot faster and unless your a medic or berserker do not try to run froma  gorefest/crawler/stalker. They will catch you in a heartbeat and it will be over.

12. Where's my bloody Money
     Rounds 1 and 2 of suicidal and HOE are very important you need to evenly split the kills. This may require some math skills. simply divide the amount of zombies by the number of people to see how many kills each person should get. You get very little money the harder the game.

13. Voice Chat (pt 2)
      If you do not have voice chat do not even try to play in anything above normal.

14. Aw he kicked me
      Unless you have level 6 perks 85% of the time you will be kicked from a server playing hardest suicidal and hell on earth.

15. Where do i go
      If you have to ask this question do not even bother playing. Memorize the the tripwyre maps and you will do fine.

16. FP's suck
      In hard+ games the fLesh pounder will not die in 1 hit he takes multiple hits to the head. He is also alot faster and more dodgey. 

17. OMG
      This is another last chance tip. If you are the last player alive in rounds 5+ you need to find where your sharp shooter died and pick up his crossbow. It is probably your only chance against scrakes and FPs.

18. Strategize
      Make sure you have a plan for every single round in hard+ games. Do not go in hoping to freestyle or solo.

19. Kick them
      The server kick feature is mandatory for hard+ games. If someone really bad and low level comes in he needs to be kicked otherwise your stick with the 50+ extra zombies and he dies 30 seconds into the round because he cannot carry his weight. Sure the extra kills are nice in the beginning but it is not worth if in the long run.

20. Patty Stratty
      These are Strats to use against the patty:
            A. Headshots all day:
                       6 Sharpshooters hitting his head every single time he pops up.
            B. Pop Goes the Weasel:
                       Your whole team saves there money the last 3 rounds and gives it all to their DEMOLITION so he can buy pipe bombs and place them all in 1 spot. Depending on how many pipe bombs their are the patties health will tremendously drop.
            C. That was easy:
                       All 6 players go melee and surround the patty spamming their alt fire key stunning him until he is dead. Chainsaw/Katana

These tips are just what i have learned in my past years playing killing floor. Following these tips have helped me and i figured i would share them with you. Have fun guys!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:07:45 AM by Resort »

Offline Mapan

• Pepperidge farm remembers
  • Since: 21/04/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Knowing your Basics (Advanced Tips)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »
1 probably stupid question but HOE stand for hardcore? thanks
Despair is the illusion of the mind, pain the illusion of the body

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »
1 probably stupid question but HOE stand for hardcore? thanks
No, it stands for "Hell-on_Earth", which is the most difficult (as you guessed, "hardcore") mode available in KF.
Several 1ups, acting as a team, spent many months completing each of the levels, but some of the achievements are not available until the next major KF update. I am looking forward to it. The game is very exciting and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a really good, high quality zombie shooter. During special sale events you can purchase the game for about $5, instead of the normal $19.99 price.

Offline Mapan

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 01:34:18 PM »
Oh **** i haven't played KF in a while so i totaly forgot about hell on Earth, How many guys are you and when is that update coming up? i would gladly join if there is room for one more

Offline SeSko

• Since: 13/07/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »
Oh **** i haven't played KF in a while so i totaly forgot about hell on Earth, How many guys are you and when is that update coming up? i would gladly join if there is room for one more
catch me on ts3 so we play it together with the 1up's sometime,we have 4 killing floor servers just so you know.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:38:07 PM by SeSko[1up] »

Offline Mapan

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 04:22:51 PM »
yeah sure, i got to reinstall kf first.... You have skype btw? i find it much easier than ts3 actually :D