News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: A Friendly Letter from "ZcRaider"  (Read 1768 times)

Offline ZcRaider

• Since: 28/03/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
A Friendly Letter from "ZcRaider"
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:26:37 PM »
Hello 1up,

My name is Zcraider.  I would like to start off and say that i deeply respect your clan.  Funny thing is...i recognize you guys form PSO...and PSU.  Played them both for a combined total of maybe 6+ years or so i guess.  I remember the event you guys would host like "the 1up  cup" etc etc.  I have a lot of fond memories with you guys events on that game.  For that, i thank you.
I am a veterian Urban Terror player.  I played it since it was required to have a Licenced Quake 3 intall and Key!!! I quit for a long long time.....   Recently I started playing  again for kicks!
Sadly, my opinion of the clan was tainted on 03/28/2012 at approx 9:20pm Eastern time....

I was playing on your TDM server.  I must have been playing for a few hours.  I was on the top of the scoreboards for a lot of the games.... However, like any game..you play long enough on a clan server...and the members will eventually join.  Especially if you start owning LOL.  But that was cool!  I like the challenge.  You guys have very talented players....and they often called my pluff in my rush down attempts hehe....

However my fun ended when an Admin spoke very harshly towards me.  I made a few comments, which should be documented on your servers chat logs.  I said something to the effect of "you can have your tunnel, i dont want it"  I dont see anything offensive in that, do you?  It was a playful comment indicating that the other team has better team cooridination and are holding that tunnel strong.  So the game proceeded further and i noticed that the blue team i was on,  was getting hammered.  So i uttered out of desperation that: "we lost....it seems there are 4 or more clan members on the other team acting together....I will try anyways".  Then one of your 1up guys said.  Ohh My God!  SHUT THE **** UP!  Zang's hits are fine???  I didnt really understand what he was saying, but i was offended by the language and the burst of hostility.  I was able to say something to the effect of, "was that really nesessary?" before i was delay kicked from the server with no citation or warning.  Mind you, I was near the top of the scoreboard once again, and my team was left hanging after i was kicked...most likely lost.
I am taking the time, to wait for forum approval....and posting this....letter because i try to be a "Good Guy"  I dont see how my words were so offensive to the admin, that i deserved a kick.  I mean you, who are reading this..do you think it was fair?  Everybody has a spin on a story...but i swear to you this is the truth.  Why would i lie?  You would just Moderate this letter into a digital void.  Which may still happen....who knows.  You guys have the power.

Honestly, i really dont care that much aboul being kicked.  Everybody is an ******* sometimes and then deserve to be kicked.   But i dont think i deserved the verbal lashing out of nowhere like that.  Its very unsportsman like and rude.  I dont treat others like that.   Hehe.. unless im just messing with them ya know?
1up has been around for a long time.  So a lot of  your members have admin rights.  But I would carefully consider who you allow to have those rights.  Because if you have admins kicking and swearing at people in a blase of hostility all the time, IT WILL TANISH YOUR CLAN'S NAME.  People will remember you guys in a negative viewpoint and when you guys host events on popular games.... these are the people who will remember you the most.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  I appologize if i offended one of your admins.  You wont have to worry about me, because I will be avoiding your UT servers.  In fact i will probaby quit this game again soon anyways.  Might give Mass Effect 3 another play through.   But i figured you guys should know whats going on.  Whether you approve or dissapprove, i swear it is the truth. 

With that being said... Good Day Sirs.... Clan 1Up.  I hope the next time i meet you guys are under the more positivie light i remember from the glory days of PSO. 

Thank you,

ZcRaider

Quake 2 
Quake 3
Urban Terror 
Half-life 1-2
PSO -PSU 
etc.etc.etc

Offline Gautch

• Optimism is the content of small men in high places.
  • Since: 20/03/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: A Friendly Letter from "ZcRaider"
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »
However my fun ended when an Admin spoke very harshly towards me.  I made a few comments, which should be documented on your servers chat logs.  I said something to the effect of "you can have your tunnel, i dont want it"  I dont see anything offensive in that, do you?  It was a playful comment indicating that the other team has better team cooridination and are holding that tunnel strong.  So the game proceeded further and i noticed that the blue team i was on,  was getting hammered.  So i uttered out of desperation that: "we lost....it seems there are 4 or more clan members on the other team acting together....I will try anyways".  Then one of your 1up guys said.  Ohh My God!  SHUT THE **** UP!  Zang's hits are fine???  I didnt really understand what he was saying, but i was offended by the language and the burst of hostility.  I was able to say something to the effect of, "was that really nesessary?" before i was delay kicked from the server with no citation or warning.  Mind you, I was near the top of the scoreboard once again, and my team was left hanging after i was kicked...most likely lost.
I am taking the time, to wait for forum approval....and posting this....letter because i try to be a "Good Guy"  I dont see how my words were so offensive to the admin, that i deserved a kick.  I mean you, who are reading this..do you think it was fair?  Everybody has a spin on a story...but i swear to you this is the truth.  Why would i lie?  You would just Moderate this letter into a digital void.  Which may still happen....who knows.  You guys have the power.
B3 auto kicked you for swearing.  Do you not have a condump of any of this?  You seem so experienced, and so hurt, but no evidence? 

"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous."

Offline Staples, that was easy

• nomnom
  • ;)
  • Since: 26/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • CLICK NAO
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:42:20 PM »
  ...I was able to say something to the effect of, "was that really nesessary?" before i was delay kicked from the server with no citation or warning.  Mind you, I was near the top of the scoreboard once again, and my team was left hanging after i was kicked...most likely lost...

:'( no man thats horrible

Offline BourBon

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 17/12/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »
well there are *******s everywhere and we even have some of our own in the clan.  But just cause of one bad experience doesn't mean I just quit or dislike everyone in the clan.   If I go to Walmart and deal with a shty cashier doesn't mean I will never go there again to shop.  Sorry if this truly happened to you, that's a shame.  I always think of 1up as one of the nicest clans to hang around with... :-[

Offline ZcRaider

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »
Sigh....no.  I didnt think to condump.....but its ok.  The truth will prove itself.  And if it doesnt....its just a video game :-).  I did enjoy the challenge of the more skilled players.  I think Sandstrom, Flex, Coffee, few other clan members where there.  But...well i have had a few beers lol.  I cant remember that well =p.  But its cool.  Even though i felt a little offended.... i dont hold grudges, and i know i probaby pissed a few people off owning them with the negev for like 2 hours lol.  Its all fun N games...

LOL...so i was kicked....for repeating what an admin / 1up member said to me...without the abbreviation lol.......this life :-X  Well i was out of place for calling him on that anyway, so i guess i deserved it.  Thanks for clarifying Gautch. 

Thank you for the prompt reply!  I also......i took the liberty of looking through the forums and i can see that the clan is very much alive and active.  Thats cool.

Take care, im going to bed.  Nice to meet you Gautch / 1up, hope to tango with you some time again on UT. 

P.S http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/206.217.135.131:27960/top_players/?query=zcraider&Search=Search

Only played for like......2 hours?  rank number 122 out of 1296, with a 3.43 kills a min hehe.    *buuurrrp  gonna get some sleep like for real now....

Laters
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 11:08:26 PM by ZcRaider »

Offline DoLT*[1up]

• Regulating since 1985
  • *[1up] KF Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Since: 15/07/2011
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 01:16:50 AM »
No admin kicked you. The server is set to where if you say certain words you get kicked/banned for a couple minutes. I forgot what you said but I remember this happening bc I laughed when you got kicked bc it's happened to me before. The other day actually, I got banned for saying "F--K". And I'm in 1up.

-grannies are pernonin noobs

Offline Zangetsu

• With me, all things end.
  • Since: 29/08/2010
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »
I was there when this happened. The B3 bot kicked you for foul language.

In reference to what you thought was hostility aimed at you, it wasn't. Zod (the 1up who said Shut up Zang, hits are fine) was talking to me. I have a habit of aiming at people standing still, not hitting them and then complaining about hits.

I would advise not cussing next time, the bot will kick ANYONE (even 1up's) for foul language.
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Offline Perdition[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • Choose the spas!
  • Since: 21/11/2010
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 02:25:50 AM »
Zangs hits are godly
My Steam name is Quix0tic[1up]. Let's play CS:S!

The Spas is the best weapon in the game. Hands down. No question.

Offline Valkiry[1up]

• The man that can't be moved...
  • *[1up] Member
  • S.S.D.D.
  • Since: 20/12/2009
    • Valkiry's own streamchannel!
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 03:30:13 AM »

Offline Zangetsu

• With me, all things end.
  • Since: 29/08/2010
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 05:54:42 AM »
Zangs hits are godly

I just cannot count the times I have been in a server and just thought "WOW, there are some GOOD hits."[1]
 1. I can actually count the number of times on one hand. Two times in over 3 years of UrT.
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »
B3 Bot kicked you for foul language:

ZcRaider    TempBan    2 minutes    Wednesday, 28/03/2012 (20:29)   
Wednesday, 28/03/2012 (20:31)    cuss    Rule #8: No profanity or offensive language (in any language)

Rule #8: No profanity or offensive language (in any language)
( oh my god..and shut the f[uc]k up...thats kind of over the top dont ya think??? )

Offline SnKcoffee

• Since: 27/05/2011
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:10 AM »
RedRumOnE: "I never said I was perfect."
7/23/2012 at at 1:11:11 AM EST

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    • Youtube's channel
A Friendly Letter from "ZcRaider"
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 10:41:22 AM »
I've been auto kicked don't let it hurt your feelings :p
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline ZcRaider

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 09:00:47 PM »
Wierd...my message didnt post?  EH..... ???

Well, i wanted to say thank you 1up, for clarifying what really happened that day.  Im glad to know that i was just a fluke.  Ill be more cautious next time I unabbreviate an abbreviated string of swears lol....  Also glad to know that it was not aimed at me.  I appologize for being sensitive and jumping to conclusions.  The situation really was NOT..what it seemed to be.  So wierd how all that came together in the first place.....

I must say, that you guys are very friendly and understanding! I look forward "crossing swords" with you guys in some TDM or FFA again...very soon >:D  You guys are very talented and experienced players.  I consider it an honor to play with you guys.

Im gonna see, how far i can go before i quit this game again.  So far im ranked player 122? both FFA and TDM with only just 2 hours of play time with a 3.5 kills/min.  So dont be surprised if ya see me ownin on da server fwhaha 8)

Also, Mr.coffee:  THank you for showing me that link.  I always wondered how 1up started.  I though i remembered someone said that 1up merged with another clan in the early days.  Unfortunatly i was too into PSO - PSU during that time to really notice. :D

Thanks again and take care.

P.S:  When PSO2 comes out, im gonna be all over it.  Shoot if i have to learn freakin Japanese to play..then SO BE IT!  >:(  lol

ZcRaider