News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Urban Terror and Transparency  (Read 1745 times)

Offline TurbanError

• Since: 12/11/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Urban Terror and Transparency
« on: March 22, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
Hey everyone, working on a user interface and I am having a bit of trouble making urban terror keep my transparency.  For whatever reason it doesn't like png images, and I can't figure out how to get it to select the alpha channel on my tga file.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Urban Terror and Transparency
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
Hey everyone, working on a user interface and I am having a bit of trouble making urban terror keep my transparency.  For whatever reason it doesn't like png images, and I can't figure out how to get it to select the alpha channel on my tga file.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

.tga and jpeg are what can be used from what I know.

Offline TurbanError

• Since: 12/11/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Urban Terror and Transparency
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 10:35:47 PM »
When I need transparency on a model texture.  I use a tga with an alpha channel (stencil cut out). In maya and photoshop I have always had to go specify the alpha channel to be used (a couple other programs just use whatever channel is labeled alpha).  I have always built shaders inside of maya's gui and never had to do it by hand (which is where I have been having trouble with md3 files with shaders).

I am sure its possible, I just can't seem to find the line I need to add to select my alpha channel.  I have an rgb image with an alpha.

Speaking of md3 models, is there anyone out there who would be available to put a tga (with alpha) on a flat plain and make it an md3 model?  I tried to do it in the past and wasn't successful.