News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Can't find demos and screenshots?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Can't find demos and screenshots?
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:13:49 AM »
When I F11 and F10 for screenshots and demos respectively, the files seem to disappear or not save. I look in the q3ut4 folder and screenshots but nothing ever appears. This is frustrating as hell, I have done a system wide search...Anyone know where they could go?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Zangetsu

• With me, all things end.
  • Since: 29/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Can't find demos and screenshots?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:02:04 AM »
Depends on your operating system. I don't know though, unless you unbound those keys and they arn't working anymore they should be there.
"I want to know which of us is stronger. I'll gladly raise my blade against you if that's what it takes to find that out."

"Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die."

"Do you want to win? Or do you want to live? Which will it be? ... There's no meaning to just fighting."

Offline Satura

• Sniper addict.
  • Since: 22/10/2010
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:07:33 AM »
Well, I think I had the same problem. I made demos, but when I entered my demo folder it was empty while I knew I had a load of demos. A friend of mine gave me something that helped me, maybe it can help you too...

This was when I had UrT installed in Program Files:

C:\users\<account name>\Appdata\local\virtualStore\ProgramFiles\UrbanTerror\q3ut4\demos

Try it and please tell me if it worked..

"It's fiction, a faceless illusion"

Offline Wargasm

• Since: 07/02/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »
Well, I think I had the same problem. I made demos, but when I entered my demo folder it was empty while I knew I had a load of demos. A friend of mine gave me something that helped me, maybe it can help you too...

This was when I had UrT installed in Program Files:

C:\users\<account name>\Appdata\local\virtualStore\ProgramFiles\UrbanTerror\q3ut4\demos

Try it and please tell me if it worked..

Wow all of it is indeed there! Thanks Alot!
I have windows Vista btw, just for everyone else's further reference.

Offline Satura

• Sniper addict.
  • Since: 22/10/2010
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 09:04:03 AM »
Good that it works!

I had to reinstall UrT for already 2 times, just a wierd message that wouldn't let me play. I fixed it by deleting everything from UrT, so also maps, demos, screenshots etc. It was a pitty, but I can play it now at least , and my demos appear in my demo folder, as it should be.

As long as your demos don't appear in your 'normal' folder, I guess you need to go the 'long' way evertime. However, you found them, and that's nice.

I also have Vista, I don't exactly know if this works on XP or W7, or even something else...

"It's fiction, a faceless illusion"