News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Lets discuss: Zombie apocalypse. (Warning: Adult content)  (Read 9622 times)

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Lets discuss: Zombie apocalypse. (Warning: Adult content)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 11:19:26 AM »
I had this discussion on facebook awhile back, I think I said I'm heading to the closest Walmart, and sticking it out. Reason? They have everything! And I can make anything out of everything. Not to mention they have food, guns/ammo, supplies, things-to-make-bombs-with, entertainment, etc.

If I could afford a Mark II (a good model that is), I would. Those are competition .22's. A good accurate choice, but also rare like the Sig. As far as rounds go, I usually buy 1500 round boxes of .22LR versus 50 round boxes of 9mm, but both are common at Walmart none-the-less.

Anyone who wants to hang with me at Walmart is welcome to, but if you get stupid, I'll see you dead.

So yeah.. Dammit pyrite, stop stealing all my ideas! Its all about wal-mart.  Definitely the first place I would hit.  I wouldn't want to stay there long though.  I think staying mobile is key.  Owning my own international semi truck modifies my strategy a little bit.  I think you and I agree completely on weapon choice, although, have you considered a sword?  I mean.. If its just one or two zombies, why waste the ammo?  Even if it doesn't actually KILL them, how useless is a zombie decapped?  Oh and I already have an mkII, so I'm squared away on that end. 

So yeah, definitely a massive assault on walmart.  Get everything.  Namely, canned food and massive amounts of water.  (and of coarse, bags of dog-food for mah dog.) BRICKS of .22's. Next step is to setup a stronghold out of town to make the next assault:  fuel.  Steal a tanker of diesel.  I know just where to get one.  My wife is a VERY good shot on the 30-06 which, pyrite, don't you agree this is probably the long-range weapon of choice due to availability of ammo?  .270 is another really common one too.   She could easily hold down the fort until I got back with some fuel for the generator. 

Once you've got these things, run.  Get AWAY from the cities, because the military is probably going to start vaporizing them.

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »
Lets roll the dice:

Bizzy.  Dead.  You spent too much time trying to find fully-automatic weapons.  You finally found one and it jammed on you.  You are too exhausted
from carrying around those heavy flash grenades and Tac-goggles on foot with that tank of a rifle on your back.  You turn your flashlight on and attract way too
many zombies to handle with the m21. (which IS a really fine rifle, but doubtful you'd find one, or the ammo) You were truly loved, and fully digested.  Sorry, your years of owning us all on urt so bad earned you some nasty karma..   Aw well, eating brains is cool.  How could 5.9 billion zombies be wrong?

Russan.  Strangely enough, survived the apocalypse.  He was just too wierd for any zombie to eat.

Chuck.  Dead.  Theres no power to run those treadmills, and even if there were, you tripped the breaker when they attacked and yeah.. Chuck roast.  (I laughed my ass off though)

Bob.  Yes, they can climb. They do it on 28 days, but you have the right idea.  How will you get to that point?

Turban.  These are zombies, not vampires.  Your super-soaker does you no good. No guns eh?  Okay, so yeah, pyrite shot you from 400 yds and took the
key and the supplies.  Sorry buddy. 

So yeah, pyrite, I'll pick you up at wal-mart in the international then?  Could you grab me an iced coffee from mc'donalds?  Please don't shoot. 

Hustler.  awesome.  very simple strategy. 

marvsta

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 12:11:36 PM »
I was thinking more onto this idea :

and

if in future maybe a raygun could help

Offline AuXAuV

• "Power corrupts the best"- Mikhail Bakunin
  • Since: 16/08/2010
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »
Russan.  Strangely enough, survived the apocalypse.  He was just too wierd for any zombie to eat.

He was just too wierd for any zombie to eat.

too wierd for any zombie to eat.

Woooo? Okay, I'll bother to throw in some random stuff.
Where I live, instantly after an outbreak, would be relatively
safe, seeing as there are few people in the area, and major population
centers are on the other side of the mountain. Summary:
I have a week tops of safety to gather supplies and decide where to go.
Also, bonus of the mountain, if a nuke goes off at LA, I'll be just fine.
(I'm paranoid, I think about this a lot.)

On to the traveling part. I can go any direction but South, because
South features LA and the various cities, but also heads close to the Equator.
I don't like the warmth. North or East are my best choices, since West goes to the ocean.
I could go across the ocean, up to Alaska, and live in the (likely) abandoned
residence of relatives, or go North up the pan-handle, through Canada.
East, I stay in the U.S. with it's 300M or so people, almost all of which are
hostile zeds, or else unpredictably hostile/neutral survivors.

I've got 2 main weapons that I'd bring, one for long-term, the other
for zed defense.
First off, my .22 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-7.
While I hate Armalite (the makers of the AR-15), they did do good with this one.
It's a survival rifle. read about it. My specific gun hasn't actually jammed yet,
but does have a feeding issue if I don't get my mag wedged in carefully,
so it's not my action rifle. It's for small game, and stealthy take downs.
That's what it come down to. Guerilla-esque style combat. Avoid the enemy, and
don't get pinned down. Break contact, and run to a superior position.
I never take the fight onto their turf. 500 metres and the family rifle sounds
better than an unsecured store with unknown number of enemies at arms length.

The other gun, my family rifle, the lovely Mosin Nagant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin%E2%80%93Nagant
7.62x54r is almost the same as .308
It's a bolt-action, multi-purpose tool. It's loud though, so it's really for later on,
when there are few zombies, it doesn't matter, or I'm REEEEEEEEEEALLY safe,
Such as on an a small island, or the moon.

Equipment wise, I'm prepared, my family is relatively outdoor-sie,
so we have everything from hiking, to camping, to backpacking, to
rappelling and hunting. I've always been paranoid, so I've researched
improvised muntions, first aid, medicine, herbology, regional survival skills(deserts/tundras/taigas),
guerilla warfare, high risk entry, the likes.
(I have a 40 GiB folder on my server filled with data on everything. From physics to shotgun grenades.)

Now, melee weapons. I would like to not use them, but it comes up.
Mostly silent(except groaning zeds, and screaming survivors), and multi-purpose.
A pick-axe maybe, seeing as the 'dirt' in my area is really FREAKING GRAVEL.
(I dug a firing pit last year, and had to use the pick, a shovel doesn't work)
The pick has the problem of getting stuck in body parts, or missing, and since it's heavy
(for a lightweight like me), it takes time to get that second swing. A crowbar
is difficult for me to use as a weapon for headshots only, and would only be
a liability and risk for me, seeing as I have to shove it through the temple/eye, or try crushing the skull
(which an axe or pick would do better), I wouldn't use it as a weapon. As a tool, a friend
has a titanium crowbar(it's pretty light) at his house, and I think I'd stop there for supplies.

I think a major problem is that many people think that they HAVE to kill the zombie.
Disabling is a good short term solution, and really good on the move. A blow to the knee
cap can take a zombie down, or a broken Achilles tendon can slow them down significantly.

Another point is weight. Soldiers have 70 pound packs(light packs), which they secure in a
position, then move in to fight/clear the area/make peace. This is a logical thing to do, even if it
requires extra time and effort, it's better than getting caught with a heavy pack strapped to you
in every-which way. Don't get attached to the gear, seeing as it is replaceable, and your life isn't.

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »
Very good, russan.  I love your .22.  I just wish it had a bigger mag.  Your rifle is cool, but dude, you need something with a scope.  You'll do alright until you get out of cali, but if you're going north, you're going to need to reach out and touch someone, or you will be the one who is reached to and touched.  You gotta keep in mind, non-zombies are WAY more dangerous than zombies. (and are way more worth killing)

Offline AuXAuV

• "Power corrupts the best"- Mikhail Bakunin
  • Since: 16/08/2010
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 12:46:08 PM »
Ah, whoops, because my post was so short, I didn't discuss the beauty that is our Mosin.
It's got a x2-x4 glass sight (a scope, if you wish), mounted scout style
(that's forward of the bolt action, if you're unfamiliar with guns), for rapid target acquisition
from indoors to outdoors. It's got a light up reticule (we've left it on for weeks, and it didn't dim at
all, so I believe it will last a long time), a rubber recoil pad(The recoil is no problem, it's less than the 12ga)
which increases the length of the stock. (My dad complains about how the Russians are short, so they
don't need the long stock. Hence, the complaints about AK and similiar.) We have a 10 round sleeve on the stock,
so you don't have to fumble to top it off, but we should really find some clips for it.

As a melee weapon, well...
When out of ammo, your rifle makes a supreme war club, pike, boat oar, tent pole, or firewood.

Bonus, they are REEEEEEEEALY cheap, so you can stock up pre-outbreak.
(Which is something anyone should do for every situation!)

Now my AR-7... When I was turning 13, I was gifted the AR-7.
I had to pay for it, but when I turn 18 (legal age of rifle[?]), it is
officially mine, in the eyes of the government. I've only got 2 10 round mags,
but I can top them off quickly, and I don't want to haul a few extra ounces and space for
more mags, seeing as I view it as a specialized tool. Small game? Not dangerous, reload as
I do it, and likely won't use all the ammo. Zeds? Well, I hope I don't need to, but it is
surprisingly accurate, and I can reliably hit a avocado at 50 metres. (20 metre limit is what I'll call
stressful combat conditions reliable range.) The .22 caliber is small, so no meat-bags are
going to go down with it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:52:18 PM by Ruusan[1up] »

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 03:43:02 PM »
Russ, true, .22's won't knock-down a zombie, but they'll easily penetrate the skull.   Thats why I say, you should still have something for knockdown like a .45 acp or .357mag, .44.. You name it. I don't care how 'tough' zombies are, its simple physics: You get hit with a 125 grain bullet traveling 1.4k fps, you are GOING to fall down.  Works on humans too.  Valid point about not having to KILL them.  Disabling is fine. 

I still dunno about the mosin, russ. I worry about you out there with that pos.  I suppose it would be alright against your average urban dweller carrying a 12ga, but against someone like me on a browning x-bolt 30-06 (with a 45mm nikon monarch objective) I think you're proper ****ed.  No offense.  50 meters won't cut it.  I can reliably hit *ahem* furry little targets about the size of an avacado from around 300 yards. (about 275 meters)  Never shot at game much further than that because you never wanna wound an animal that far away, but a human?  Seems like a pretty easy target at over 400 yards if you're not eating it.. Tell you what, I'll send you my Remington .270 pump pre-infection, okay? Use the mosin for firewood.

Marvin, like I said lil buddy, you gotta think 'practical'.  You're not just going to FIND either of those lying around.  More likely, you'll FIND yourself on the receiving end of one if you look to hard for them.  Sorry little buddy, kids make better zombies!

The part I'm struggling with is 'what to do' when I get my tanker of diesel and generators  and all that crap up to Montana..  How to ward off insanity..  I do enjoy hunting, but theres a limit to how much you would really want to do.  Working towards animal husbandry and agriculture would take up a certain amount of time, sure, but damn.. I'm gonna have to raid a library..

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »
I am hanging with Gemma and Pyrite.

Maybe cover myself with some tough layers of bubblewrap there, the zombie would bite the bubble wrap not me.

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 07:46:36 PM »

Maybe cover myself with some tough layers of bubblewrap there, the zombie would bite the bubble wrap not me.

hahahah, bubble wrap and team up with Gemma and Pyrite? Thats your strategy? You know we're going to use you for bait, right?

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 08:07:30 PM »

hahahah, bubble wrap and team up with Gemma and Pyrite? Thats your strategy? You know we're going to use you for bait, right?
Wow, now i know i can count on you buddy? maybe b4 you can do that I will tie you 2 to a plasma screen TV and turn the TV on

Maybe stick you in ballerina suits, and glue it on, you will be infected as a zombie in a ballerina suit xD.

I will be safe in my bubblewrap xD.

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 08:46:12 PM »
Oh and your probably asking how a 13 year-old took you 2 down, easy.

I told you guys since we all survived I would cook you some steak,

while cooking the steak, I drugged it.

You eat it and fall to "sleep"

Next thing you know, You are tied to a plasma screen TV in a Blue ballerina suit in-front of walmart.

btw: I took your guns,ammo,your keys Gemma, and all your food+drinks

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 09:11:42 PM »
+1 for Flame's bubble-wrap idea, lmao!
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
Good gravy hahahha.  Fine then flame, we leave you in walmart where we found you.  Pyrite and I would never trust a young kid cooking our steaks for us. . . Second, good luck getting us stood up. We weigh well over 300 lbs between the two of us.

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »
Good gravy hahahha.  Fine then flame, we leave you in walmart where we found you.  Pyrite and I would never trust a young kid cooking our steaks for us. . . Second, good luck getting us stood up. We weigh well over 300 lbs between the two of us.
my solutions:

1.Gemma, I have many disguises, Remember that Guy at the Hotdog stand, yeah that was me.

2.Walmart sells lawn mowers right? well if i run you over I can move you piece by piece.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:54:43 PM by Flame[1up] »

Offline sniper#420[1up]

• *[1up] Member
  • roll it light it smoke it enjoy it
  • Since: 01/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 10:15:41 AM »
I had this discussion on facebook awhile back, I think I said I'm heading to the closest Walmart, and sticking it out. Reason? They have everything! And I can make anything out of everything. Not to mention they have food, guns/ammo, supplies, things-to-make-bombs-with, entertainment, etc.

If I could afford a Mark II (a good model that is), I would. Those are competition .22's. A good accurate choice, but also rare like the Sig. As far as rounds go, I usually buy 1500 round boxes of .22LR versus 50 round boxes of 9mm, but both are common at Walmart none-the-less.

Anyone who wants to hang with me at Walmart is welcome to, but if you get stupid, I'll see you dead.
walmart FTW