Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Re: Tires
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 11:07:47 PM »
All i know is you put gas in and it goes..

j/k :P
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline Term

• Since: 12/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 11:35:59 PM »
That reminded me of a friend last year that tried to put diesel in her care but failed only because the diesel nozzles are bigger than the Unleaded fueled nozzles. I asked here how she almost put diesel in her car when they are color coded. Her answer was the, Green Nozzle was prettier. LMFAO

There was more to the story but I just summarized it. It was wuite hilarious to me tho.

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
Whats worse, is we had an employee put gas in a $50k Skid-steer one time.  You really can't begin to imagine my father's anger.

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »
Term you come across as clueless about cars as me. :P

LOL you just made me laugh. I don't know much about tiers and rims because I have alwys stuck with stock rims and the same type of tire that was on the vehicle as it came with. I know quite a bit about vehicles for my age thank you very much. This summer I get to rebuild two small block 350 and a small block 305. Fun fun

If you don't know much about tires and wheels, why did you get offended when I tried to help you with proper sizing?  This makes no sense.

You get to rebuild a 350SBC this summer?  Cool.  Then you'll know everything about making future internal upgrades to the engine in your truck!

For the record, I'm 22.  I've personally purchased, used and maintained 3 trucks and 1 car.  I've personally bought 4 complete sets of wheels, 5 or 6 (can't remember for sure) complete sets of tires.  I've also regularly used and fully maintained 5 other trucks (1/2 ton Chevy, F-150, F-350 Diesel and 2 F-550 Diesels) and 3 other cars.  I've done everything from front end work to brakes to engine and transmission swaps... and more.  Take my advise with a grain of salt.  I've been around the block a few more times than you at this point, so please forgive me if I assume that I have information that could help you.  I don't intend to offend.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline Term

• Youtube's channel
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 10:36:46 PM »
Term you come across as clueless about cars as me. :P

LOL you just made me laugh. I don't know much about tiers and rims because I have alwys stuck with stock rims and the same type of tire that was on the vehicle as it came with. I know quite a bit about vehicles for my age thank you very much. This summer I get to rebuild two small block 350 and a small block 305. Fun fun

If you don't know much about tires and wheels, why did you get offended when I tried to help you with proper sizing?  This makes no sense.

You get to rebuild a 350SBC this summer?  Cool.  Then you'll know everything about making future internal upgrades to the engine in your truck!

For the record, I'm 22.  I've personally purchased, used and maintained 3 trucks and 1 car.  I've personally bought 4 complete sets of wheels, 5 or 6 (can't remember for sure) complete sets of tires.  I've also regularly used and fully maintained 5 other trucks (1/2 ton Chevy, F-150, F-350 Diesel and 2 F-550 Diesels) and 3 other cars.  I've done everything from front end work to brakes to engine and transmission swaps... and more.  Take my advise with a grain of salt.  I've been around the block a few more times than you at this point, so please forgive me if I assume that I have information that could help you.  I don't intend to offend.

Omg, you just took it the wrong way. I wasn't trying to make it sound like that.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:10:04 PM by Maddog[1up] »

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 11:23:03 PM »
So I said this:
Post the exact tire size and I'll try to tell you what width of wheels will work.

Then you said this:
Hey Maddog I'm not trying to be mean or anything so dont take this the wrong way, but do you think I'm stupid or something? I'm just asking because you act like I don't know what I am doing or anything. I like you and everything because your an awsome guy. One of the people I look up to about these type of things but jezz man you seem like I don't know anything. Like I said don't take this the wrong way. I know your just trying to help. I'm not saying not to post what you think or anything. It's just you seem like I know nothing about anything I post. I really hope there aren't any hard feelings about this.

Then this:
I don't know much about tiers and rims because I have alwys stuck with stock rims and the same type of tire that was on the vehicle as it came with.

Then I said this:

To which you said this:
Omg, you just took it the wrong way. I wasn't trying to make it sound like that.

My question is this: How the hell did I take anything the wrong way?  Don't get me wrong.  I wasn't offended in the least.  I've got pretty thick skin.  ;)  But based on what was said, how did I misinterpret anything?  You sure seemed to be offended to me. 

ANYWAY, do you want help picking new wheels of not?  If you do, post your tire size.  If not, I wish you luck.  Hope you enjoy whatever you pick out.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline Term

• Youtube's channel
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 11:47:38 PM »
Maddog, I have never got offended in this clan. When I said I don't know much about vehicle rims or tires. I was meaning as in what was out there and what would be the best setup. I know what tires will fit what rims and what rims will fit what tires. I just wanted to see what was out there. My first thought was Bf Goodrich All Terrain Tires. I will post the size but just relax jeez.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:57:44 PM by term[1up] »

Offline Term

• Youtube's channel
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 11:58:59 PM »
They are BF Goodrich All-Terraine T/A KO LT265/70R17

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »
So, 17's? 

Offline Term

• Youtube's channel
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 10:22:52 PM »

Offline felon

• ....whats up ...lets get smoked
  • Since: 23/02/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1 Hot Summer Fashions
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
im thinking of adding some 20's or something to my benz ...
felon ...