News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Lets discuss: Zombie apocalypse. (Warning: Adult content)  (Read 9617 times)

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Warning: this thread contains graphic images and adult content.  Viewer discretion is advised!

This is one of my favorite conversations my wife and I have on road-trips and things.  Pretty strait forward:

Zombie apocalypse: What would you do?  Theres so many things to talk about.  Where would you go/not go?
Vehicle of choice?  Weapon(s) of choice?  Start a commune, or are you safer alone?  For simplicity's sake, lets define the circumstances a bit:

1. These aren't the 'night of the living dead' sort of slow and mindless zombies.  They're more like 28 days later psycho-fast ravenous sort of zombies. 

2.  Yes, they're the head-shot sort of zombies.  Single head-shots are fine.

3.  This isn't a slow progression sort of infection.  Its 'wake-up-and-everyone-is-a-****ing-zombie' sort of infection.

4.  Please exercise a sense of practicality.  Yeah, I know we'd all like to use a helicopter with a general-electric miniaturized Vulcan cannon, but lets face it, none of us can fly one, even if we had access to one, (which we clearly do not).  In other words, its more interesting to explore the idea of WHERE you are going to get your twin .50cal machine gun, than why.  The answer to 'why?' is pretty strait forward: Cus they own zombies hard. 

6. Yes, if you get bit, you get infected. 

7.  Killing zombies isn't the only thing you need to worry about.  What about food?  What about other humans that want what you have?  (and aren't into asking for it)  What about water?  (you die pretty fast without it)

8. What about entertainment?  My wife always skips over this part because she thinks its not that important, but seriously, think about it:  After your ass is pretty safe, what the HELL are you going to do to not go insane?  This is a bigger issue than I think  she realizes.  Without music, or books, or games, or SOMETHING to do, I give myself about 3 months and I'm checking out and givin' up the ghost.

Anyways. . .  I'll reserve my ideas until the discussion gains some momentum.  Lets see pictures of your preferred weapons and vehicles.  It makes it funner.

talk amongst yourselves, and remember:

time is of the essence..

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
Re: Lets discuss: Zombie apocalypse. (Warning: Adult content)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 03:00:59 PM »
Oh wait, 2 more stipulations that greatly simplify my strategy:

1.  99% of everyone else is either infected or dead. (due to >1% of the population having natural resistance to the airborne strain of the virus)   Assuming you're a part of that percentage, that cuts your city's current population of 500,000 to a mere 5000 actual humans. (for example)

2.  With the central government disintegrated, lets face it, the military will basically declare martial law, and do what they want.  (and they aren't afraid of a little collateral damage).   That limits your time.  You could always join up with them, but thats boring, and also, being in the middle of a turbulent power-struggle within the military might not be your best option anyway.  My guess is that they would begin bombing and destroying major cities and infected areas completely.   In short:  Get your ****, and get out.   

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 03:07:04 PM »

I think this is an agreeable 'in-case-of-emergency/get-the-****-away-from-me' weapon of choice.  Not .50, but .357. 

Offline White^lynx

• meoow
  • Since: 09/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »
i must say my situation and where my family members work  and what they do work out perfectly in this situations. Ill create something when i have the time. Never really thought bout it but i am pretty set in case this happens.

ohh and are we predicting that our family is all dead?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:24:20 PM by White^lynx[1up] »

Look how people treat their inferiors, not their superiors.

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »
99% of everyone lynx.  Its unlikely that your entire family eludes that percentage. 

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
I think this is an agreeable 'in-case-of-emergency/get-the-****-away-from-me' weapon of choice.  Not .50, but .357.

Very poor choice of sidearm. We all know that to kill zombies you have to shoot them in the head right? Why not choose a sidearm with the least amount of recoil (unlike a 357 mag), most likely to find rounds in any store, and most likely to find rounds in bulk, and most accuracy. I suggest a handgun that is chambered for .22 LR. Stores carry this stuff in bulk boxes, can be found almost anywhere, has no recoil, shoots with accuracy, has the least amount of noise (at not to alarm other zombies). You can even get a Sig Sauer Mosquito with a threaded barrel these days for easily adding a suppressor.

Only problem is, rimfire cartridges tend to FTF or FTL once in awhile, but if you could find a center fire one, that would be better.
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 07:21:01 PM »
Thats why I say 'for emergencies' and 'get the **** away from me' weapon.   Thats all its for, is knockdown, when all else fails.  Rimfires DO jam/ftf.  Its a fact.  Thats why you want something BIG and reliable at your side.  Even if you can't get the head-shot, they WILL go down.

For a main weapon, honestly, one of these:
ruger .22 auto.  I love these plastic banana clips.  Take two and duct-tape one upside down to the other.   Thats a head-shot getting BEAST of a rifle. 

You want to have a side-arm at both sides.  At my right hand, I'd have something similar to your picture pyrite, although, a sig might be hard to loot at a wal-mart or sportsmans warehouse.  You'd more likely end up with a beretta or even a ruger mk II would be sweet.  I gotta hand it to you though, pyrite, that sig with a supressor is hands-down THE best zombie apocalypse side-arm if you could find one.

At any rate, .22 ftw.  If you pour the boxes out into a backpack, how many .22's do you think you could fit? 

Thats all fine-and-dandy for the zombies, but what about humans, Pyrite?  That surviving 1% of the population is still probably more dangerous than the other 99%.

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »
So yeah, Pyrite gets the 'likely to survive' award for his fine choice of side-arm.   bravo, pyrite.  I hope we're on the same team if this ever happens.

Offline Bizzy

• Live. love. Laugh.
  • Since: 02/10/2009
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 08:45:53 PM »
Portability, Stealth, Lightweight. I would travel light, and reach into the suburbs or small villages. I'll prbably carry any silenced SMG (preferably a Scorpion or FN P90), carry some few flashbangs if LIGHT does hurt their eyes. Scavenge around for food, or possibly grow a little if I find a secure shelter. No Electronics, except an Ipod, Flashlight and Tac's for more awareness. If I need to go long-range, I prefer an silenced m21. Main mission is to look for survivors and hunker down a secure fort, or maybe go out to find a ship to abandon the mainland and look for a safe island.

JJ!<3

Offline AuXAuV

• "Power corrupts the best"- Mikhail Bakunin
  • Since: 16/08/2010
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »
Staying mobile is sadly the way it'll end up, nomadic hunter-gatherer lifestyle until
such a time as you can safely create a community without fear of zombies.

That's the bog picture, and I've already had this discussion too many times to make
ANOTHER one, so sorry guys. |:-|

Offline Chuck[1up]

• *[1up] Support Member
  • You will never walk alone
  • Since: 25/04/2010
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 10:11:20 PM »
If the zombie apocalypse ever happens, I'm just going to surround my house with outward facing treadmills.

I should be fine.    ;) 8)

Offline BoBThEImaM

• What a goal by Alex Ovechkin!
  • Since: 29/07/2010
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 10:28:17 PM »
Go to/create a haven city in a large mountainous area, where life should be untouched by zombies (doubt they can climb).

Click Here + The !!!  ----> It's a Goal ! ! !  Rock the Red! Go CAPS!

Offline TurbanError

• Since: 12/11/2010
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 11:22:18 PM »
Well, I always get laughed at but I have 4 water bottles of holy water (from my travels to the Vatican, Fatima, Lourdes and Guadalupe) in case of zombie or vampiric attack.  So lets start with those and a super soaker I have around the apartment (not practical but better then the squeeze nozzle).

I do not, and probably will not posses any firearms so my weapon of choice is either a tall lamp (to keep zombies at a distance) or a fire axe by the extinguisher in the apartment complex.

I know where to go.  There is a sound stage rent often and have the keys to in the middle of nowhere MN.  I would have to make the trek out of the city and to the sound stage.  The sound stage is built like a fortress with huge thick doors, cots, fridges with food, a generator and a basement as well as other AV equipment.  There aren't many people who also rent the location out and not many people near by.  There is relatively 4-6 months of canned food as the owners are strictly Mormon and always believe in emergency food.  However, some of there food rations are older than I am, so I have no idea if it is still good.   The generator could last about a week and after than there goes the fridge and microwave.

I used to teach wilderness survival and can make traps for small game (if there is any non zombified game) but that would be tough to get food... and when winter hits it will be practically impossible.  Hopefully the below 0 temps will freeze the zombies stiff and we can go out and steal/forage for food.

To pass the time I always have DnD books in my car and dice.  My girlfriend doesn't like playing rpgs so much now, but she will have to learn to.  Eventually I would have to go out and look for more supplies and hopefully make a trip to relatives.  My family is in the populated Southern CA but my Girlfriend's Grandparents are in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin with even better provisions then the ones I described... AND SOLAR POWER! 

Edit: If I recall correctly abovetopsecret, in there subforum about hiding in bunkers (end of the world theorists), they have some sort of map (or something with google earth) that lists all abandoned military bases/bunkers that can be found publicly.  I would fire that up as my last drop of power on my laptop.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:27:42 PM by TurbanError »

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 11:24:46 PM »
I had this discussion on facebook awhile back, I think I said I'm heading to the closest Walmart, and sticking it out. Reason? They have everything! And I can make anything out of everything. Not to mention they have food, guns/ammo, supplies, things-to-make-bombs-with, entertainment, etc.

If I could afford a Mark II (a good model that is), I would. Those are competition .22's. A good accurate choice, but also rare like the Sig. As far as rounds go, I usually buy 1500 round boxes of .22LR versus 50 round boxes of 9mm, but both are common at Walmart none-the-less.

Anyone who wants to hang with me at Walmart is welcome to, but if you get stupid, I'll see you dead.
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline Hustler

• Since: 21/12/2010
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 12:42:37 AM »
Brb, eating brains and gaining knowledge.

The Future ain't what it used to be.

I punched a tree at the park yesterday and my hand bleeded and I cried. And I love Minecraft even more.