News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Put 1up on youtube???  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Lt.Hawkeye

• Since: 16/11/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Put 1up on youtube???
« on: December 20, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »
well, I've been thinking of 1up on youtube because people love youtubing soo maybe they search urban terror 1up comes click it check it out go on server join clan you know :D if anyone wanna help me make demos PM me or xfire or msn me or skype :P

xfire = mrmister123    my name is kasim

MSN = kasim1807@hotmail.co.uk

Skype = kasimarshad123

write some comments!!

Offline AuXAuV

• "Power corrupts the best"- Mikhail Bakunin
  • Since: 16/08/2010
Re: Put 1up on youtube???
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 10:29:27 AM »

Offline Lt.Hawkeye

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »
yes but only a few videos and not much 'fun stuff' and no one posts video on site =O

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 11:43:13 AM »
I reckon we should have something like Daily Nades' play of the week. That'd be cool but it would require someone to do the video editing every week.

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

Offline Lt.Hawkeye

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »
well i can do that but i need someone to help me or teach me video editing
Glad you want to help KD197 :D

Offline KD197

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »
I haven't got the first clue about video editing but I imagine it'd be pretty time consuming. Also, we'd need somewhere for people to send their demos to. Also, it would need to be sanctioned by Ron if it's to have the 1up name on it.

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]

Offline EddieLee

• Since: 20/10/2010
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »
I was waiting til my 1up app vote ends to post this teaser but i guess it fits this topic, i have the idea of recording several scrims and adding commentary for it, in that matter i would need a volunteer with a cool, deep british voice with good diction... hummmmm, now where could i find a british 1up with a deep voice and good diction with the ability to read a simple script?  ;)

I also thought about (when the time comes) do a series of videos regarding the 1up Cup, also with commentary and highlights.

I consider this video more a learning experience, this is just a teaser, i hope to finish it today or tomorrow (since the hardest part its over -learning to use the programs---i had to try over 3 different video editing software :S-) now that i know how to i can focus on actually creating the video :), plz enjoy (first 53 secs of a 10 min video)

rUSH (temporary title perhaps)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kcdgdrc7xql1d3s

about this video having the 1up logo, well, it says so on the begining, its FOR 1up, more like a "thank you for everything" than a "BY 1up" :), please enjoy.

8)
I like to quit important things. --Eddie

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 05:37:35 PM »
so far, so good, edward!

Offline Lt.Hawkeye

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 05:40:45 PM »
I was waiting til my 1up app vote ends to post this teaser but i guess it fits this topic, i have the idea of recording several scrims and adding commentary for it, in that matter i would need a volunteer with a cool, deep british voice with good diction... hummmmm, now where could i find a british 1up with a deep voice and good diction with the ability to read a simple script?  ;)

I also thought about (when the time comes) do a series of videos regarding the 1up Cup, also with commentary and highlights.

I consider this video more a learning experience, this is just a teaser, i hope to finish it today or tomorrow (since the hardest part its over -learning to use the programs---i had to try over 3 different video editing software :S-) now that i know how to i can focus on actually creating the video :), plz enjoy (first 53 secs of a 10 min video)

rUSH (temporary title perhaps)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kcdgdrc7xql1d3s

about this video having the 1up logo, well, it says so on the begining, its FOR 1up, more like a "thank you for everything" than a "BY 1up" :), please enjoy.

8)

frikin amazing man what did you use to edit? maaaan you could help me in making vidoes :S

Offline Chuck[1up]

• *[1up] Support Member
  • You will never walk alone
  • Since: 25/04/2010
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »
nice going eddie, looking forward to watch the full version... ;D.. you doing a good thing here  :)

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 05:45:45 PM »
Is your framerate in game that low or is it just the editing? Anyway you have alot of potential. Good music choice. :)
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline EddieLee

• Since: 20/10/2010
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »
Is your framerate in game that low or is it just the editing? Anyway you have alot of potential. Good music choice. :)

That its one of the things that gave me the most troubles, in game i have a really good framerate, but when recording the videos from the demos using /recordvideo at UrT i either got a black screen with high framerate and a HOMUNGUS sized avi or a kind of decent framerate video with regular size, i think youre talking about the second 33 to 53 part, previous to that it was a play between low speed and high speed amongst other effects, but 33-53 was without effects. Im using Nexus video recording cfg on a second install and i have it set to a 25 framerate, should i try going higher? is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtVYCXHZMG4#ws what i would get if i pushed my pc for higher framerate? (not talking about editing or effects, but rather, the fluid quality of the frames i guess... ? i dont mind starting again even re-re-recording again all the videos from the demos (i did it once already with even lesser quality lol), but i really need some pointers, it IS my first attempt at a video EVER lol.

As for the programs i used, since im running linux i used a avidemux (thanks KD!)+kdenlive+GIMP combo (gimp work only shown at the beginning but theres still more to be show later on the vid).

The video editing options you have highly depend on the OS you use, if you are running win or mac i suggest take a look at the programs used by Capt. Trips, at the end of one of his videos at the 1up youtube account you can see which programs he used, whether you want to invest on buying them or "acquiring" them through different means thats entirely up to you lol, the programs i used in linux are completely free and i think there are versions for win and mac also, not sure tho.

The best help to me was actually spending several days reading and watching several tutorials for each software, just search for "basic editing tutorial for xxxxxx program" on youtube and youll have a good start :).

Lol, i was so into asking that to Quake and answering Hawkeye that i forgot to thank you guys for your positive feedback lol, thanks! xD

8)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:23:43 PM by EddieLee »
I like to quit important things. --Eddie

Offline SnKQuaKe

• *Friend of 1up
  • Keep it simple stupid
  • Since: 25/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 06:25:23 PM »
I have no idea how to make a vid. :) Hope you can find some answers.. and share them. I have the hardware to edit.. just no tutorials under my belt.

The video shows though that you have the talent to make a good one.
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

Offline KD197

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 07:05:36 PM »
Eddie, crank the FPS up a bit. Try 60 or something and see if your computer will render it OK. Doesn't matter about large file size, you'll cut that down later when you re-encode it. H.264 is a fairly good video codec as far as I know.

Offline Zoro

• Zoro
  • Since: 15/11/2010
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »
great idea, awesomeness eddie great work can not wait to see the full versions.   :)