News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: God Vs. Something Else  (Read 18122 times)

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: God Vs. Something Else
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »
Poe, I've seen so much evidence that it would actually take MORE faith for me to believe that there is no God and that we all evolved from nothing than to believe that God is real, that he cares for me, and that he created life as we know it. 

Granted, everyone has had their own experiences, but there was a period in my life where I literally dedicated years to examining the scientific aspects of this issue.  Macro evolution simply does not exist.  Every recent scientific discovery in favor of the Darwinian theory has been either been manipulated after the fact or has been "discovered" using highly unreliable methods (radio-carbon dating anyone?).  And the scientific aspect doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of reality!  The spiritual side of things is quite incredible in it of itself. 

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline Poe

• *Friend of 1up
  • AKA: SnKPoe
  • Since: 25/10/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2010, 12:45:54 AM »
Poe, I've seen so much evidence that it would actually take MORE faith for me to believe that there is no God and that we all evolved from nothing than to believe that God is real, that he cares for me, and that he created life as we know it. 

Granted, everyone has had their own experiences, but there was a period in my life where I literally dedicated years to examining the scientific aspects of this issue.  Macro evolution simply does not exist.  Every recent scientific discovery in favor of the Darwinian theory has been either been manipulated after the fact or has been "discovered" using highly unreliable methods (radio-carbon dating anyone?).  And the scientific aspect doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of reality!  The spiritual side of things is quite incredible in it of itself.

I'm not saying that there aren't things that point to a God. Part of the reason I believe in God is because logically it makes more sense to me based on chemistry and physics. I'm just saying there will never be a "Yes, this completely proves the existence of God - hands down - no discussion" moment in time. At least I don't believe there will be. I also don't believe there will ever be a moment in time where someone 100% disproves a God, either. Faith plays a huge part in believing.
I would also have to have more faith to believe in no God than a God. I feel the exact same way about what you and Quake said.
We haven't even skimmed the surface of understanding humanity and... well, existence. Science is constantly evolving as time passes by. I doubt we will ever know the entire in's and out's of the human mind or nature or the universe.

Offline Zoro

• Zoro
  • Since: 15/11/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2010, 02:54:39 AM »
Until someone proves aliens are real then I stop believeing any christian beliefs because why would jesus look like us if their are other lifeforms, its just racist

Offline Gemma

• The devil isn't red.
  • Since: 21/07/2010
« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2010, 08:04:05 PM »
thread lock! QUIck!

Offline Casper

• Can't shoot what you cant see :D
  • Since: 23/04/2010
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2010, 10:56:58 PM »
Until someone proves aliens are real then I stop believeing any christian beliefs because why would jesus look like us if their are other lifeforms, its just racist
actually, if aliens were proven to exist, I wouldn't have any chance of ever believing in god. That is, unless they believe the exact same things 0.0 lol