News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: Hacker Education  (Read 3132 times)

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hacker Education
« on: November 29, 2012, 08:14:37 PM »
This was posted as replys before. This is not to teach you how to hack, as it includes no information on where to get them and all that. The thing is, to catch a hacker you need to know about what hacks there are, what they are called and what to look for. so here it is.... i edited it a bit for easier reading. Some of this was just copied from various sources, some i wrote. hence the change in grammar frequently in this post.

Types of hacks

-Net Limiter: this will raise your ping on purpose to give you a jumping effect. In certain games this may appear to be seamless movement when in reality they are "warping". This will cause an otherwise direct hit to become a miss.

- aimbot: generally, there are 3 types:
 a) always active, the easyer to spot: the player turns always aiming perfectly to every player around him.
 b) binded aim, like the previous, but it happens just sometimes, when the player press a button.
 c) low fov aim, the player needs to aim NEAR the player, and the bot will active and help him with the aim. The harder to spot, 'cause the fov of active aim is customizable (sometimes is set to very low values). It can be very useful sometimes to look at the demo setting the lowest fov (90), and setting a low timescale (i use 0,1 - 0,2) when it shoot at a player: u can notice a lot of small movements all around the player aimed (for example: head, torso, arm, head, leg...).

- autoshoot: easy to spot, simply it shoots everytime a player is aimed perfectly, very low bullet with no hits. Usually "noob cheaters" with autoshoot move the aim around the player speedly, leaving the autoshoot do his job (at least, if the aimbot is not active).

- radar: the hardest to spot. There are some tricks to spot it: hide in an uncommon place (looking that no one see u), and let him find u: if it takes very short time, probably he uses it. Another hint is to look if someone is able to take him from back. If nobody takes him in the back, even if walking silently, u have ur answer.

-Chams or "wall hack" : As many of us know, this does not dictate a full aimbot or anything of the sort. This just whos the player where they opponents are through walls. A carefull player will just use whats seen infront of them and not look around more than usual, especially when kill cams and ghosting are enabled.

-Anti-Recoil : This is a very tricky one to spot. This has two effects. It lowers the spread of the bullets to a certain degree while at the same time preventing the firing making their view move up, which is common with automatic guns in alot of FPS games. ** This is disputed for UrT as being a hack that "pulses" your shots to keep spread down - J2 **

How to test a possible hacker

Overall i am not saying this person is hacking. However what i did see certain tells. This does not mean they were hacking, only that if they were they are good at hiding it.

A person who hacks that does not have the goal to always be the best, but to just raise their appeared skill level can do many tricks to make it appear as just pure talent. What im basically saying is that while watching these demos i noticed certain things that do not exactly sit well with me. Basically signs that they might be hacking.

My advice is to take no action, but to watch them in the future via ghost mode. Watch for them tracing invisible objects through walls, having a habit of moving out of danger just before it would become dangerous, IE moving behind a corner right before someone comes out from another. Next if you truely want to tell there is a very easy way to tell.

This method requires 2 people. 1 player, 1 ghost. The ghost watches them play. Simple enough. run to a corner he is facing like your going to charge right out, then stop right before that and before there is anyway he could see you.

*******alot of cheaters will leave immediately or toggle off their cheats if they see an admin go spec.*******

This is a cham check. if he shoots, guilty. If not, possibly not. I wouldnt sit there and stalk him, but if he passed i would just count it as a pass until another complaint came in, if one did at least.

Things to google for education

radars, low-fov aimbots, netlimiters, replaced textures of models

About GUID

Here are the facts on what is "normal"

A guid can not be blank, UrT generates a random guid based on the following data

Your IP, Server IP, Server Port

This then means that a GUID is different for "each server" and protects against GUID clones or stealing.

If you set sv_guidserverunique "0" then it only takes into account YOUR data, and your guid does not change from server to server. This is generally a bad idea, as people can "pretend" to be you. Most server admins do not share GUID bans as they fully expect them to be un-reliable.

UrT is only capable of using the following CHRS 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F and any other CHR would be something "manipulating" the cl_guid value. In other words a 3rd party piece of software.

While UrT as it stands at the moment has no "sanity checking" on the server side, B3, RedCap (nice one) and Mandingo all check for these violations and terminate the client connection respectively. "

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:28:06 PM by J-Squared[1up] »

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Curby

• Since: 08/07/2012
Re: Hacker Education
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »
umm it might seem odd,
but is there also a hack to make your knife longer?
i noticed that stylo's knife seems way longer then others when i spec him
"ns"

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »
possibly. i will look into it and if i find anything i will edit with them

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline OrangeB

• Dat brony producer who plays UrT
  • Since: 01/12/2012
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »
There isn't. It's impossible to make a long knife, just like it's impossible to boost damage in your weapons (No, that 'hacker 1 hit killer' wasn't a damage hacker.. sheesh).

Offline Curby

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
boosting damage and increasing attack range are 2 way different things
i've seen many hacks, like somebody who could throw a knife in any direction,
and it would always headshot somebody of the other team.
so why wouldn't it be possible to increase the length?
"ns"

Offline OrangeB

• Dat brony producer who plays UrT
  • Since: 01/12/2012
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 05:06:31 PM »
An advanced aimbot is still an aimbot. It just isn't possible to code a knife length hack. Some hacks are possible in some games and impossible in others, just because the way the code works. I'm not a coder so I can't explain exactly why, though. Might wanna talk to someone who knows more about it then me if you want the reasoning. The only reason people believe long knives exist is because of how UrT's hit detection works with ping, which can sometimes make it look like they knifed you from extra far away.

Offline Curby

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »
this is not an aimbot, because he doesn't even aim to the target.
it immediately brings the knife to somebody's head.
meaning that he can kill through walls and doors.
this could mean that it could be possible to make the knife range longer,
by actually bringing the knife to the opponent.
"ns"

Offline DoLT*[1up]

• Regulating since 1985
  • *[1up] KF Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Since: 15/07/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
umm it might seem odd,

lol no.. thats just connection... high pings vs low pings

-grannies are pernonin noobs

Offline Curby

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »
umm it might seem odd,

yes i heard that before,
but who hasthe advantage, the high pingers?
just a thing i want to know :)
"ns"

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 08:09:04 PM »
Could the length of the blade be caused from his field of view?  ???

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline King Whistle[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • Whistle always wins!
  • Since: 17/04/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 08:12:11 PM »
Could the length of the blade be caused from his field of view?  ???
FOV should not have any effect on the weapon.

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 08:15:55 PM »
I am not saying it would actually be longer, but the appearance of being longer.   I know I use fov of 105 and compared to the default 90 it makes my weapons appear longer, but more narrow.  I can see better from the sides though, but it is a trade off as target also appear slightly smaller when viewed directly.

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline luckystrikes

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 05/10/2011
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 08:48:19 PM »
I am not certain if the long knife is merely the way the kill is perceived or if servers somehow compensate towards the benefit of high pingers.  But, high pingers will have a "longer" knife than the rest of the players. If you watch a 300 pinger knife someone they can do it at what appears to be a much further distance. Not sure if there is a way to overcome this or if it is even a real issue but the latency is the root cause of this anomaly.

Offline Pyrite[1up]

• *[1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • Since: 08/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »
About GUID

Here are the facts on what is "normal"

A guid can not be blank, UrT generates a random guid based on the following data

Your IP, Server IP, Server Port

This then means that a GUID is different for "each server" and protects against GUID clones or stealing.

If you set sv_guidserverunique "0" then it only takes into account YOUR data, and your guid does not change from server to server. This is generally a bad idea, as people can "pretend" to be you. Most server admins do not share GUID bans as they fully expect them to be un-reliable.

UrT is only capable of using the following CHRS 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F and any other CHR would be something "manipulating" the cl_guid value. In other words a 3rd party piece of software.

While UrT as it stands at the moment has no "sanity checking" on the server side, B3, RedCap (nice one) and Mandingo all check for these violations and terminate the client connection respectively. "

FYI, lots of erroneous information here in various places ...

Alternative builds of UrT, that are not cheats, sometimes leave GUIDs blank for example (SACC, etc).

Also somewhat wrong about how guid's are generated ... but I don't really care to enlighten you, kinda lazy being AFK lately ;)
•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•"Most Likely to Pillage the Global Village"•·.· ́ ̄`·.·•

Offline bodyboyfriend2

• Since: 12/05/2011
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 07:59:27 AM »
umm it might seem odd,

yes i heard that before,
but who hasthe advantage, the high pingers?
just a thing i want to know :)

I would say that the high pingers have the better advantage coz you will end up dead even before you see enemy.. and you will have more lag when you are close with an high pinger too, and that is one of the reasons why high pingers are being frequently accused of walling..(not saying that there are hackers with H-ping too,mostly the have)

However, low pingers seems to get more clear head shots and when I'm saying low pingers, I do mean LOW.. The only answer to these high-low pingers is to know your map, expect the unexpected, but off all.. pre-fire,pre-fire and pre-fire and hope for the best.. and hopefully you will not get banned for walling accusations..lols
I have had some experience from being banned due to walling accusations.  :o