News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: [BETA] Voting Poll Options  (Read 4036 times)

Offline April

• Since: 16/01/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
[BETA] Voting Poll Options
« on: October 14, 2012, 05:56:45 AM »
If I had it my way I'd make a rating system in 3 - 5 areas (activity, personality, dedication etc.) I dunno though, that may just overcomplicate things.

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
Re: [BETA] Voting Poll Options
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:04:30 AM »
If I had it my way I'd make a rating system in 3 - 5 areas (activity, personality, dedication etc.) I dunno though, that may just overcomplicate things.

Now that seems interesting, April. Could you provide a working concept sketch of this voting idea you expressed? Show me what the poll would look like, but keep in mind that we would still use a 70% pass v. 31% fail ratio.

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:38:30 AM »

Now that seems interesting, April. Could you provide a working concept sketch of this voting idea you expressed? Show me what the poll would look like, but keep in mind that we would still use a 70% pass v. 31% fail ratio.
This does sound interesting
Each area could score 100 points and in the end add up to total points.
I have no idea how you would include personality though, Going to be a long time till I can make a bot interpret personality.

Offline CuttyFlam[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • '
  • Since: 14/08/2010
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 11:42:36 AM »
That's sounds really cool, I would resign then re-apply just to see what I got in that new system :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:00:32 PM by CuttyFlam[1up] »

Offline April

• Since: 16/01/2011
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »

I'd love to! I'll start on it right now ^^

Offline Flame[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Life is that one thing that will never make sense.
  • Since: 19/03/2010
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:09:25 PM »
That's sounds really cool, I would resign then re-apply just to see what did I got in that new system :P
A score of 2 in the Grammar Section. :P

Offline Ratt2[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • Since: 04/07/2009
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »

melo you voted f2 because you think I'm to young,
and therefore not capable of fulfilling my 1up duty's  :P
:-\
i vote solely on the 0 gaming hrs btw all and if i would have seen u on the fun sever i would have vote otherwise u can always reapply rt never to late if u want to join the clan gl

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »

I'd love to! I'll start on it right now ^^

this sounds like a great idea. this reminds me of the military promotion system. with us you graded on multiple section and need a certain amount of points total to get promoted.

grading someoen on multiple aspects is a great idea

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 10:07:47 PM »
April,

I started trying to work on your idea. This is a rough view of another type of voting mod.
In this mod you can allow a single vote x number of points and you can allow x number of points to be given to any category made.
In the below poll I gave voters a maximum of 5 points to use. Each category has a maximum of 2 points.

As you can see, I voted there and used up my 5 points, but only on the sections I want to vote the person for --all or some points can be used. I am not sure how to incorporate an F1 and F2 into this, but this is a start towards your concept.

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »
April,

I started trying to work on your idea. This is a rough view of another type of voting mod.
In this mod you can allow a single vote x number of points and you can allow x number of points to be given to any category made.
In the below poll I gave voters a maximum of 5 points to use. Each category has a maximum of 2 points.

As you can see, I voted there and used up my 5 points, but only on the sections I want to vote the person for --all or some points can be used. I am not sure how to incorporate an F1 and F2 into this, but this is a start towards your concept.

looks good so far.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 11:39:41 PM »
this sounds like a great idea. this reminds me of the military promotion system. with us you graded on multiple section and need a certain amount of points total to get promoted.

Reminds me of an NCOER
Non Commissioned Officer Evaluation Report.

In a NCOER, all bullets, or explanations require some form of reason behind the good or bad examples.
If I was to say that Evil Chipmunk is the best player there is, I would need to give examples to why I think so.  The same for negative bullets.  If for example I say that Evil Chipmunk is not a team player, I would also have to give my reason for saying so.  The military format is good to have, and implementing something like that for voting seems like a well thought idea.  However, if the good or bad votes do not have a reason behind them, then the vote is just hearsay.

Not to bring up another thread, but I recall a vote happened for an individual, and the reason did not seem very legitimate to me.  A reason of "Because I said so." did not sit well with me and that vote should have been dismissed or not counted.  Then again, the individual did not need to state they made the negative vote either, since it is supposed to be anonymous right?

In closing, I feel like the expansion of ideas for the voting system is a good idea, but if comments could be added as well, and the comments kept hidden from everyone except the one counting the votes, it would be a well worth voting system.  Then again, it would also depend on the non-biased individual that counts them.

I think I have said enough.  Now, on to the fun server!

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline Dynasty[1up]

• *[1up] App Staff
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • Water Sleeps....
  • Since: 08/01/2011
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 12:13:02 AM »
Nice suggestion there Cope.

Change, change, the form of man....
Rise the demon; Etrigan!

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »

Reminds me of an NCOER
Non Commissioned Officer Evaluation Report.

In a NCOER, all bullets, or explanations require some form of reason behind the good or bad examples.
If I was to say that Evil Chipmunk is the best player there is, I would need to give examples to why I think so.  The same for negative bullets.  If for example I say that Evil Chipmunk is not a team player, I would also have to give my reason for saying so.  The military format is good to have, and implementing something like that for voting seems like a well thought idea.  However, if the good or bad votes do not have a reason behind them, then the vote is just hearsay.

Not to bring up another thread, but I recall a vote happened for an individual, and the reason did not seem very legitimate to me.  A reason of "Because I said so." did not sit well with me and that vote should have been dismissed or not counted.  Then again, the individual did not need to state they made the negative vote either, since it is supposed to be anonymous right?

In closing, I feel like the expansion of ideas for the voting system is a good idea, but if comments could be added as well, and the comments kept hidden from everyone except the one counting the votes, it would be a well worth voting system.  Then again, it would also depend on the non-biased individual that counts them.

I think I have said enough.  Now, on to the fun server!

i agree. the ncoer is a great thing. here are some things from that i believe should be added

a "bullet" for eaach section. user types in reasons.
3 point system "unsatisfactory" "satisfactory" "exceeds standards" or something like that. more like a -1 or +2 system.
like or dont like should not count for more than one point.

speaking of ncoer's......

not saying any admins are bad. not at all......but i think occasionally people in charge, admins. etc should get performance reviews. incase people think one is slacking or bad......again, not saying any are bad

same could be done with members. give you an idea who is suited for admin, etc, or suited to be removed

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Fusion[1upZ]

• *[1up] Member
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • For every task, there's a perfect tool
  • Since: 31/10/2011
    • Dem Cupcakes bro
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 02:39:49 AM »
This is what i think is the idea however im not sure it would be possible

-Fighting without hope is no way to live, its just another way to die
-Insert inspirational comment here
Free Cupcakes

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »
This is what i think is the idea however im not sure it would be possible
In order for us to develop this as a voting mod we need to figure out how to make X number of categories add up to trial or full member.
There is going to be some math involved that translates percentages.

I am thinking we should do a split poll, where there is a positive and negative voting field, then the sum and difference between the two determine F1 (trial), F1 (full) or F2 (denial). So imagine it like this:

Some Person's Admission Vote
Activity   (+)Positive Score___%
Personality(+)Positive Score___%
Dedication(+)Positive Score___%
Likability(+)Positive Score___%
Preference(+)Positive Score___%
Subtotal (+) Score:xxxx%
Activity   (-)Negative Score___%
Personality(-)      Negative Score___%   
Dedication(-)Negative Score___%
Likability(-)Negative Score___%
Preference(-)Negative Score___%