News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: What's new with 1up  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Tesla[1up]

• *Administrative Leave
  • [1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
What's new with 1up
« on: October 23, 2009, 08:13:52 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I know I am a little late out the door on this update but I just wanted to let everyone whats been going on around here and to let you all know that we currently have some new additions to the forums which I am sure most of you have noticed already but I will summarize them here for you anyway.

Forum Related

The biggest new feature that we have is the Arcade mod which will allow you to play flash based games right from the forum and even submit your high-score and even challenge other members with the arena addon so if you haven't tried it yet please give it a shot and let us know how you like it.   Note: I will be adding more games over the next few days so check back often for new updates.

Also, if you haven't visited your profile in awhile then you might want to because you can now customize it using the ultimate profile mod which allows you to add all sorts of new things to your profile including videos, images, mp3 players, games, and more so make sure to check it out as well.

A special feature for Full 1up members and above is our new gallery mod which as the name implies adds a photo gallery directly to the forums. Please note that while any member group can view and comment on images in  the gallery, only Full 1up members and above can add files to the gallery (Membership has it's privileges)

Other smaller features that you may or may not have noticed are

• Custom Smilies
  • Attachments for private messages
  • Highslide Image transitions for attached images in post
  • Can search the forums using Google search at the bottom of the main forum page
  • Direct video embedding in your post has also been added back
  • And other stuff that I am sure I have forgot but you will discover sooner or later

Site Related

Another feature that some of our members have been asking for is right around the corner as well. Soon all Full 1up members and above will have the ability to create their own blog that they can use for things like Photoshop tutorials, map making tutorials,  or just to have a personal blog to discuss whatever you want.  (within reason anyway :) )

Server Related

For those of you that do not already know, we now have a new game server up and running which is hosting a different game called Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. It's also a Quake 3 engine based game however the main focus of the game is teamwork and not about who can get the most kills per round. I personally have been playing this game for years now and love it as do some other 1up's who have tired it so if you would like to learn more about it and download and try it for yourself then you can do that by clicking here. (Note: This game is 100% free just like Urban Terror)

Ron also has plans on adding other games soon so keep an eye out for more information on that.

1Up Cup Related

Finally I would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone again that the 1up cup is closely approaching and we would like to see the servers as full as possible so if you have not already done so, please take a moment to let people know about the tournament  so they to can join in on the fun.

Anyway that's about it for now, I will update this as needed and as always,

Happy Fragging,
Tesla[1up]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:18:33 PM by Tesla[1up] »
"May I suggest the footing of your ass" Red Forman

Offline Venom

• Since: 09/10/2009
Re: What's new with 1up
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 09:20:44 PM »
Nice job on the arcade man.
EX 1UP

Offline Shans

• 1up believes in 2nd chances.
  • Since: 21/06/2009
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 01:47:20 AM »
Yup its pretty good

Offline RonaldLee[1up]

• *[1up] Clan Founder
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • [1up] KF Admin
  • [1upZ] NMRiH Admin
  • [1upZ] Zombie
  • 1up Founder
  • Since: 02/03/2009
    • 1up Clan
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 02:23:44 AM »
Progress; lots of progress.

Offline Turban_Error

• Why lose? If you can win >:D
  • Since: 25/10/2009
    • http://kilian51.hyves.nl
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 06:23:40 AM »
I realy like the arcade's  ;)

Offline Tesla[1up]

• *Administrative Leave
  • [1up] Dev Admin
  • [1up] UrT Admin
  • Since: 07/07/2009
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »
Thanks everyone, I am adding games everyday and will be removing the ones that nobody plays (I know some of them are kinda lame just wanted to get some up quickly)
Look forward to more soon.

Cheers,
Tesla[1up]
"May I suggest the footing of your ass" Red Forman