News: 1up Discord VOIP
Invite Code: https://discord.gg/VPv9JhP

Author Topic: The Official 1up Music Thread  (Read 118099 times)

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
Re: The Official 1up Music Thread
« Reply #900 on: November 26, 2012, 08:45:14 AM »
Bleep bloop this has to be here.
Click and drag the gif up above the video.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:49:22 AM by RedRumOnE[1up] »

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
  • Since: 03/10/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #901 on: November 26, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0m050z7Ou0
Pure genius! ^^

that moment when you try to sing along with dubstep...

It reminded me of this video.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:52:03 PM by Cope57[1up] »

Computers do not have problems, they have users

Offline April

• Since: 16/01/2011
« Reply #902 on: November 27, 2012, 04:25:34 AM »
1up really needs a Dubstep karaoke channel huh?

Offline CuttyFlam[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • '
  • Since: 14/08/2010
« Reply #903 on: November 27, 2012, 10:04:08 AM »

the strokes one of the best bands

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #904 on: November 27, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »
They remind me of The Cars.

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
  • "Much Love" for the 1up, always
  • Since: 14/07/2012
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #905 on: November 27, 2012, 07:57:22 PM »
i actually hate most dubstep. i have made better songs in fruity loops in less than 20 minutes before.....there are a handful of decent ones though.....but most suck....its like crunk rap....making repetitive beats that are catchy and provide neither and complicated instrumentals nor lyrical value....granted dubstep i realize is not about the lyrics

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #906 on: November 28, 2012, 12:29:48 AM »
i actually hate most dubstep. i have made better songs in fruity loops in less than 20 minutes before.....there are a handful of decent ones though.....but most suck....its like crunk rap....making repetitive beats that are catchy and provide neither and complicated instrumentals nor lyrical value....granted dubstep i realize is not about the lyrics

Interesting... I never HEARD that before.  Maybe contributing some MUSIC instead of negative comments may help.
After all, it is a music thread, not a bash what people listen to thread.
I would like to hear something you produced twenty minutes from now...  :)

soma fm
Over 20 unique channels of listener-supported, commercial-free, underground/alternative radio broadcasting from San Francisco. All music hand-picked by SomaFM's award-winning DJs and music directors.

Digitally Imported – Addictive Electronic Music 24/7
Enjoy our free radio channels featuring world renowned Artists, DJs and the hottest exclusive shows!

Monkey Radio: Grooving. Sexy. Beats.

Dubstep.NET is part of a music network devoted to delivering you the best and most versatile sounds in bass music.

ChroniX Radio, it isn't just radio, it's an experience.
 ChroniX Radio, LLC, home of ChroniX Aggression Radio, ChroniX Metal Radio, ChroniX GRIT Radio and ChroniX Metal Masters. Based out of Denver, Colorado, ChroniX Radio, LLC is the leader in aggressive hard rock and metal radio station formats on the internet since 1999. Created by internet radio veteran Sean Rom and Rockie Thomas. ChroniX Radio continues to promote bands that are otherwise seldom heard on the FM band or satellite radio.

last.fm The world’s largest online music catalogue. Free internet radio, videos, photos, stats, charts, biographies and concerts.

PANDORA
With Pandora you can explore this vast trove of music to your heart's content. Just drop the name of one of your favorite songs, artists or genres into Pandora and let the Music Genome Project go.

Sound & MIDI Software For Linux

Looking for music for a video, school project, game you’re developing, podcast or just for listening in your cubicle or mobile music device?
Find exactly the music you’re looking for - podsafe, liberally licensed - using dig.ccMixter Music Discovery tool.
Find out why one out of six uploads to ccMixter are used in a YouTube(tm) video, flickr moving image, podcast, compilation album and thousands of other places all over the web.
Start digging at dig.ccMixter

These are just a few bookmarks I have.
There are many other links out there besides YouTube for music, one only needs to look.  ;)

Edit: WooHoo, 300th post!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:33:51 AM by Cope57[1up] »

Offline CuttyFlam[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • '
  • Since: 14/08/2010
« Reply #907 on: November 28, 2012, 02:41:58 AM »
Nice post Cope

Offline April

« Reply #908 on: November 28, 2012, 09:59:51 AM »
x
Funny thing is I've been using FL Studio or 2 years + 2 years (professionally) + 1 year of Cubase/Logic and to make a quality wobble (with EQs, distortions, reverb, delay etc) it takes me a solid 30 miniutes - 3 hours (Depending on the complexity of the wobble) and the drums will take me at least 30 miniutes to assemble the drums in the sequancer (because the kicks usually have 3 layers and those 3 individual layers are split into 3 parts (Low pass, midrange, High pass) and if you we're to use VSTs not samples it would take even more layers (such as Bassism) you would not only need to layer (+EQ, Distort etc) you will need to control all the oscalators to sines and white noises which takes around 20 minutes per snare and kick (less for hi hats) Composing uplifters can take 45 minutes to hours if you make a quality one that makes use of all instruments (NO BANDPASS FILTERS CHEATING) and actually support a strong drop (took me 2 hours once!) and the intro and outro takes a long time to assemble (usually off sliced patterns)(another 1 - 2 hours) oh and don't get me started on the composing of a song! Everything must be composed in a certain way that is suitable for the human ear (eg. a build up MUST BE a multiple of 4.) There's so much more to touch on like the mastering parts, the way the bridges will enhance the drops the LFO, vocal slicing (EXTREMELY DIFFICULT), Vocoding etc. Rap is just a drum beat (natural sounding) so samples do not need to be processed AT ALL. The hard parts of rap is the lyrics which I find an individual art on its own. Dubstep has lyrics to, but has to be sliced and layered, this takes just as much skill and time to write and rap the lyrics out. Every genre has its own process, but none contrasting to high. Dubstep is art and so is rap hardstyle, house etc. ;)

Offline RedRumOnE

• ____Asylum____
  • I am an island
  • Since: 04/09/2010
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #909 on: November 28, 2012, 03:23:56 PM »

“The whole value of solitude depends upon one's self; it may be a sanctuary or a prison, a haven of repose or a place of punishment, a heaven or a hell, as we ourselves make it”

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #910 on: December 02, 2012, 03:44:23 PM »
x
Funny thing is I've been using FL Studio or 2 years + 2 years (professionally) + 1 year of Cubase/Logic and to make a quality wobble (with EQs, distortions, reverb, delay etc) it takes me a solid 30 miniutes - 3 hours (Depending on the complexity of the wobble) and the drums will take me at least 30 miniutes to assemble the drums in the sequancer (because the kicks usually have 3 layers and those 3 individual layers are split into 3 parts (Low pass, midrange, High pass) and if you we're to use VSTs not samples it would take even more layers (such as Bassism) you would not only need to layer (+EQ, Distort etc) you will need to control all the oscalators to sines and white noises which takes around 20 minutes per snare and kick (less for hi hats) Composing uplifters can take 45 minutes to hours if you make a quality one that makes use of all instruments (NO BANDPASS FILTERS CHEATING) and actually support a strong drop (took me 2 hours once!) and the intro and outro takes a long time to assemble (usually off sliced patterns)(another 1 - 2 hours) oh and don't get me started on the composing of a song! Everything must be composed in a certain way that is suitable for the human ear (eg. a build up MUST BE a multiple of 4.) There's so much more to touch on like the mastering parts, the way the bridges will enhance the drops the LFO, vocal slicing (EXTREMELY DIFFICULT), Vocoding etc. Rap is just a drum beat (natural sounding) so samples do not need to be processed AT ALL. The hard parts of rap is the lyrics which I find an individual art on its own. Dubstep has lyrics to, but has to be sliced and layered, this takes just as much skill and time to write and rap the lyrics out. Every genre has its own process, but none contrasting to high. Dubstep is art and so is rap hardstyle, house etc. ;)

some will argue justin beiber is art....and one could argue how long it takes for him...or is it her? to make music.

the "20 minutes" was an exaggeration. but when it all boils down, to make the average dub step takes WAY less time to make than other type of music, and creates a music thats sub par by comparison.

i will have to dig up some of my old bands music. i for one have always been a fan of music with actual instruments to make a beat. but personal preference there.

this is the kinda music i like. very little digitalization to it. most of the changes in sound were aquired with foot pedals. i got to meet them a couple years ago while actually on leave from iraq. great guys and alot of great songs.

live

not live so you can hear the instrumentals better

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Term

• Since: 12/10/2010
    • Youtube's channel

Offline April

« Reply #912 on: December 03, 2012, 08:15:50 PM »
x

some will argue justin beiber is art....and one could argue how long it takes for him...or is it her? to make music.

the "20 minutes" was an exaggeration. but when it all boils down, to make the average dub step takes WAY less time to make than other type of music, and creates a music thats sub par by comparison.

i will have to dig up some of my old bands music. i for one have always been a fan of music with actual instruments to make a beat. but personal preference there.

this is the kinda music i like. very little digitalization to it. most of the changes in sound were aquired with foot pedals. i got to meet them a couple years ago while actually on leave from iraq. great guys and alot of great songs.

live

No no let me tell you something electronic music production is just as hard as making rap/rock if not more. When I first started out with the program I thought I could make Dubstep/rap/rock in 20 minutes too, but the mastering was horrible I used other peoples samples, I even didn't bother about the clashing frequancys which are VERY noticeable on club speakers. Making tracks for yourself is one thing, but when you have to satisfy the world or even a club it comes to a WHOLE DIFFERENT level. You CANNOT use samples you MUST make your own melodies YOU MUST construct your own wobbles on things like Massive. As much as I hate to say it rap is a fairly simple drumbeat, but the real time is involved in the vocals which I believe takes an equal if not less time to construct a Dubstep song. To make 1 good wobble it takes around 20 minutes + a lot more longer to add all the VSTs.

Offline [GM] Legion

• KF Master Blaster
« Reply #913 on: December 03, 2012, 10:11:37 PM »
x

live

No no let me tell you something electronic music production is just as hard as making rap/rock if not more. When I first started out with the program I thought I could make Dubstep/rap/rock in 20 minutes too, but the mastering was horrible I used other peoples samples, I even didn't bother about the clashing frequancys which are VERY noticeable on club speakers. Making tracks for yourself is one thing, but when you have to satisfy the world or even a club it comes to a WHOLE DIFFERENT level. You CANNOT use samples you MUST make your own melodies YOU MUST construct your own wobbles on things like Massive. As much as I hate to say it rap is a fairly simple drumbeat, but the real time is involved in the vocals which I believe takes an equal if not less time to construct a Dubstep song. To make 1 good wobble it takes around 20 minutes + a lot more longer to add all the VSTs.

too bad the majority of dubstep doesnt do all that. so actually take the time which is why i said not all is bad, just most. like any brand of music there are always those that take as many shortcuts as possible to produce a sound thats good enough for the idiot masses. you can pull up alot of current dubstep and find plenty of samples in them. you may not realize they are samples right off the bat but they are. its all a matter of skill on how you blend them.

ï └ìke zoMßíΣ$.

Offline Cope57[1up]

• adept GIMP user
  • *[1up] Dev Team
  • [1up] Global Mod
  • [1up] Decision Panel
  • INTJ
    • Youtube's channel
« Reply #914 on: December 03, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »