Author Topic: Drugs?  (Read 4692 times)

Offline SnKMaddog

• *Friend of 1up
  • Capitalist Pig
  • Since: 11/11/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Drugs?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2010, 11:38:39 PM »
PwNer, don't be deceived.  My dad was in local government when I was a kid, and let me tell you what, about 80% of the cops that he dealt with on the local department were lazy and inept.  Of those, at least 30% were flat-out crooked.  Granted, the bad ones hit the pavement pretty quick once they were seen for who they really were.  The good ones though... they were REALLY good.  Exceptional, really.  Don't get me wrong.  Though there are plenty of crappy cops out there, I'm thankful every time I see one drive down my street checking out the neighborhood.

Cop is an acronym meaning Citizen On Patrol.  Its a position of honor.  Its a position of authority, but that authority is only granted with the understanding that the sole purpose of these Citizens On Patrol is to promote and enhance public safety.  Unfortunately, so many of the new officers I see now are attracted by one thing: the Authority portion of the job.  They want to carry a badge and a gun so they can boss people around, and in many cases, use their position to engage in illegal activity. 

Every police officer needs to remember that they themselves are still citizens like everyone else.  Protect and serve.  That's it.  No more.  Just because you enforce the law doesn't mean that you're above it.

PwNer, what you personally are shooting for is to be an honorable authority figure... a good cop.  That's great!  Go do it, and be a good influence on your community AND your fellow officers.  But don't ever get complacent.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that everyone on the department is a well-intentioned as yourself, because that's just not the case.

Once again, I appreciate police officers.  They lay their life on the line every day.  My dad is a professional firefighter, and I applied to the department as well a couple of years ago.  I didn't make the cut (number 31 out of 600 applicants, but they were only hiring 15).  Needless to say, the opportunity to serve your community is a good thing to pursue.  Good luck.  What you're doing is very admirable.

To trainwreck...

Listen up.  Just because you do drugs doesn't mean that everyone wants to.  You certainly don't make a good case for your drug of choice.  If it really does improve mental capacity and thought process, you've got some bad weed because its not working for you.  Put all your rhetoric and BS aside for a minute and pay attention to what I'm about to say.  In the real world, someone who drinks can still excel and succeed in life.  Burnouts though... I know WAY too many of them.  They go nowhere.  They end up broke working some POS minimum wage job... and they don't mind because, well, they're high.  Pathetic.  Additionally, its a fact that weed DOES kill brain cells.  Ever heard of free-radicals?  They get turned loose in your brain every time you use.  Don't get me wrong.  I would fight right now to legalize weed.  If it were legitimized and legalized, it could be taxed, and the blends could be regulated, so as to prevent lacing.  But as it is, its a controlled substance, and the stuff on the market right now is often cut with horse crap and laced with low-quality unsafe drugs to enhance effect.  Hell, the fake LSD that's in a lot of weed right now makes your brain-stem bleed and scab over.  Tell me how that's healthy.  You can get a new liver, but there is no brain-stem transplant as of yet.  Pay attention.  I've lived a hell of a lot more than you have.

You're a stupid burnout.  And let me tell you something you little punk hacker.  If you EVER lay into one of my clanmates again, you're gonna live to wish you hadn't.  Straighten up and fly right.  You don't mess with the Maddog.

Thanks Inka for trying to further the common-sense standpoint here.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:42:51 PM by SnKMaddog[1up] »

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
-Ronald Reagan

No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
-Rush Limbaugh

Offline Dj_Menthol

• Since: 04/03/2009
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2010, 12:19:38 AM »
+1 karma maddog.  i like drugs though. videogames and drugs kinda just go hand and hand for me. not for everyone though.

Offline oK|Yahoo

• *Friend of 1up
  • Since: 02/04/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2010, 12:39:40 AM »
holy **** maddog i knew you were replying but, i didn't think you were making an essay

Offline EddieLee

• Since: 20/10/2010
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2010, 06:11:23 AM »
First of all, sorry if i may appear to intrude in something that may not be my business, but well, i feel like i could give my 2 cents on this topic.

As far as claiming that weed makes you smarter, IT DOESNT http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/166/7/887, it actually drops your IQ if you are a heavy user, if anything weed MAY make you have a more creative output, this doesnt means you get smarter, basically and abruptly, it means you give a more varied arrange of response to a stimuli, these responses are not necessarily more effective(i.e. intelligent) than if you werent high.

Still drugs are part of our society whether we like it or not so its really important how we approach them, this is something key, specially when, as its already been pointed out, we are at war, but we are not at war with the drugs or the "general" users themselves (altho its very very easy to put it that way) we are at war with the druglords, they are the ones responsible of the drug related deaths/assassinations (at least the huge majority),
still we overcrowd correctional facilities with the 20 year old dude who doesnt has a record, is not violent and probably its a student at some college/university.

As a criminal psychologist, ive worked (briefly i must add) at an addiction center (created a program to help patients -former addicts to a variety of drugs- reintegrate successfully to society), i saw quite a big range of drug users, agressive+dangerous and apathetic+calm, those who were alcoholics, smoked weed and were in their 20s had more chance to experience a successful return to society than "hard drug" users (be it on their 20s or older), this means they were more lucid, healthier, socially capable and more eager to change their habits, change their social circle (important step), etc than hard drugs users.

Now, this doesnt means doing weed its harmless, specially while smoking it, youre inhaling BURNING ASH, youre messing up your lungs and also, as pointed, putting chemicals in your system that make your neurons work at an excessive rate, overestimulating them (ever wondered why you get thirsty when you smoke weed?) you are basically dehydrating and one of the best water sources your body has its the brain, YUM!

Then again the use of weed does has its beneficial values, as presented here http://www.apa.org/monitor/2010/06/marijuana.aspx it helps in the treatment of several diseases (chronic or otherwise), being noteworthy the fact that only 10% of weed users "abuse" the substance (decrease their quality of life) and in comparison to legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco seems to do less damage, # of deaths caused by alcohol related incidents, # of deaths caused by lung cancer (remember, cigarettes have thousands more chemicals than a joint) and other nicotine related diseases, even # of health problems related to caffeine, still this may not seem like a fair comparison, but it would be interesting to do a proportional view on these matters and also mix it with "hard drugs" see how weed stands.

Personally (and with admitted bias) im more concerned about tobacco and SMOKEN weed, since i used to smoke 1 pack a day for more than 13 years if memory doesnt fails, kicked the vice early this january 8).

Sorry if i make it too long, i tend not to "talk" a lot on forums but at least make it worthy of reading when i do :P, also, english its not my first language, still i think i make my point across :).

I like to quit important things. --Eddie

|.:PwNeR:.|

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2010, 10:01:20 AM »
Hello Guys,

@SnKMaddog Dude you are awesome, Thanks for your words of support.
I appreciate them.
I understand that some cops are crooked and lazy, but I believe for every one crooked cop out there are 2 good cops.
Me (in a couple of years) and my dad can make up for that one crooked cop out there somewhere.  :D

Sorry if I sound arrogant or cocky, I've just always been that way(ask my Mom).

Offline Dj_Menthol

• Since: 04/03/2009
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2010, 01:48:24 PM »
i asked your mom and she said your a hacker

Offline CuttyFlam[1up]

• *[1up] Server Referee
  • '
  • Since: 14/08/2010
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2010, 02:27:16 PM »
LOL, support FAIL

Offline KD197

• Since: 20/06/2010
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2010, 03:55:52 PM »
i asked your mom and she said your a hacker
hahaha menthol you rock  >:D

Not-so-1337-hax0rz: awsdgiaygveiujgfahiy, killer, [K1L]ShAd0W[GER], [51]Usage (impersonator), 1Lexa8, Redeye, sid, ASTROKILLA, bar, mody, [R:K]BatistaBomB, revenger, [58f]gojan, imaidiot, [DOA]Arik, sn4k3, Broajer, HACKER, DDMX, dopey

"yeah, I googled "mod reveal 67" to find out what it does and the top links were from 1up" - SlimPickins[1up]